DM-PressureIII [Alpha]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-PressureIII [Alpha]

I suppose many of you will know this map from UT'99.I was making this for ut2k4, but i've decided to begin again from scratch and make it for UT3, as i want to practise with the new editor.

Up to now, i've done the basic layout, applied some materials, and started placing static meshes and lights in the Columns Corridor.
    For the Pressure chamber, i'll try to make it work other way than a fast moving 'mover' which encroaches the player. Anyway, if finally there is no other method, i'l use that.

Here are a couple of pics. As you can see, it's in a very pre-alpha stage:

Any feedback, ideas, etc appreciated. Thanks.

Instead of a mover crushing you... I say something when playing with volumes last night. I can't remember if I saw it in a Gravity Volume, a Physics Volume, or both but there was a setting for "damage over time" and type of damage. You might investigate that.

And BTW, good choice on a remake. This was a really fun level in the past.

Comment

Iirc, all volumes have a "Damage over time" setting.

I really liked Pressure the couple times I played UT99, can't wait for this one to be ready!
      Keep up the good work!

Comment

I really liked those maps with interactive killing stuff... Im also working in another map with a metal press which crushes enemies below it when activated. But my first aim is to finish Pressure first. It was one of my favourites.

Comment

Good stuff, can't wait for more updates on this one

Comment

Good work so far. I'm looking forward to this one. BTW - is it going to have the music over from '99 and/or remixed?

Comment

<3 maps with interactive stuff

Comment

same as poster above...looking forward to this!!

i see you are keeping to the original quite a bit...nice ;p

Comment

just posting some screenies of its current state.

I'll try to finish the remaining important parts of the map better than polishing it from the beginning... i was just testing if it will look good at the end...

Right now, i have a little problem with the lighting. When i play or test the map, my character is always lit, even if there are no lights. anyone knows a solution?? I'm sure it will be something so simple, but i just don't find it...

Also, is there any way of enabling collision in a "no collision model" static mesh?
                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
                    Also, is there any way of enabling collision in a "no collision model" static mesh?
                    In your generic browser, double click on the mesh to open the mesh editor. There's a Collision pulldown menu with different collision options. There's also a button in the toolbar to show the collision lines (wont show anything until you set a collision type).

Comment

Where are those red lights coming from in the 3rd shot? I mean, the source of those lights has to be the white lamps on the ceiling i guess? Can you make them a bit more red-ish?

Comment

Man, I hope you finish this map, Pressure was my FAVORITE map in UT99, we still play it at school on the LAN sometimes, I just hang around that area and let people go in to get the power-ups... Hilarious when they scream at you from across the classroom

Comment

Coming along nicely ! Pressure was an awesome map in the original UT, can't wait to play a remake of it.

Comment

YES! pressure! thanks man. no pressure from me... just do it right

lookin good atm

Comment

Hello hi-ban,

yes I remember, this is a really nice refresh.

Comment

Working...
                              X