[UPDATED:13/12/07!!!]Ubinblaster Beta1b ***BINSLAYER !!!***

***!!! FIXED, I REMOVED THE BLACK RINGS APPEARING WHEN SHOOTING !!!***

Filename: UBinBlasterbeta1b.zip
    Version: 1.0b (beta)
    Author: ZuKuVyBz
    Release Date: Dec-13-2007
    Download: UBinBlasterbeta1b

Description:

UBinBlasterbeta1b: Powerful fast rocket rifle that shoots high velocity projectiles with splash damage.
    Equipped with a long range scope.

What's New:

*****Custom Configuration******

[UBinBlasterbeta1b.UTMutator_UBinBlaster]
    RateOfFire=0.137000
    Damage=80.000000
    dmgradius=110.000000
    Momentum=85000.000000
    CfgCheckConfig=DO NOT REMOVE THIS!
    bAllowTranslocator=True
    bUnlimitedAmmo=True

What's Next:

01. Custom Muzz things
    02. Custom fixed fire animation
    03. and some other customizable ****

Install:

Replace "Drive:\Program Files\" with your UT3 install directory.

UBinBlasterbeta1b.u goes to ----> Drive:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC
    UTUBinBlasterbeta1b.ini goes to --> Drive:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config
    WP_UBinBlasta.upk goes to ---------> Drive:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Weapons

(sorry forgot to rename the WP_UBinBlaster.upk you're going to have to overite it with the new one in the UBinBlasterbeta1b.zip

Installation Complete.

Select it in the Mutator's List to use Single-Player.

Type of File: Mutator
    Custom Static Meshes: No
    Custom Textures: Yes-ish (and some blue shinyness in the light
    Custom Projectiles: Yes
    Custom Animations: No
    Custom Sounds: Yes
    Custom Music: No
    Custom Package: Yes

Bugs, Errors, Comments, Questions?
    Send to: zukuvybz@hotmail.co.uk

Special Credits:

Kisp
    CyberHawk
    EPIC GAMES

Visit the all new Unreal Central @ www.unrealcentral.com for the latest maps and mutators.

[SHOT]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4269/ut32007120302010242sf4.jpg[/SHOT] (Thanks DJStoney69)

Here you go.

Pretty fun to play hehe. One thing what is with the black ring like things when i shoot?

Comment

thanks, mm the black things are weird Ill check it out. Yeah they dont show when I play but I know what it is, I tried to make like dark blue transparent rings orbiting the projectile-failed, I think i cant see it because of my settings =/ lool

BETA 1B WILL BE UP LATER TODAY !

Comment

one thing i have noticed with this gun is that if your running and shooting, the shots are well behind on where you are aiming. In other words you have to aim well infront of your target if you want to hit it on the move. for now with the game speed on normal it is ok, but I know of a mod that is going to speed up player movement upon pick up(kind of like speed adren) that will make it hard to hit anything. do you think there is any way of making the shots to be closer to the target?

Comment

The black rings ruin it. However, i found they completely disappear with world detail on 4 or 5. On 1, 2 or 3 it shows them, so apparently he tested it only on high detail and probably doesn't know it's doing this. It wouldn't be important except that some people either can't run the game high due to older rigs, or because some people (myself included) think the game looks better on low world detail. (i keep it on 1)

Comment

yeah I have been meaning to fixstuff but my editor is broken on my xp, ill fix it when im not too lazy to load up0 vista hehe

Comment

UBinBlasterbeta1b uploaded
              ***!!! FIXED THE BLACK RINGS APPEARING WHEN SHOOTING !!!***

UBinBlasterbeta1c Coming Later today !!! It will Include configurable projectile speed, this will help people who cannot see the projectile properly because its too fast, you will be able to adjust it to how you want (for instant action and server admins).

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyarms View Post
                one thing i have noticed with this gun is that if your running and shooting, the shots are well behind on where you are aiming. In other words you have to aim well infront of your target if you want to hit it on the move. for now with the game speed on normal it is ok, but I know of a mod that is going to speed up player movement upon pick up(kind of like speed adren) that will make it hard to hit anything. do you think there is any way of making the shots to be closer to the target?
                This is because they are moving projectiles and not instant hit (kinda like the link gun) but beta1c will allow you to make the projectiles faster or slower so you can make so fast that it becomes instant hit but it will be less likely you'll see the projectiles.

Comment

UBinBlasterbeta1b uploaded
                  ***!!! FIXED THE BLACK RINGS APPEARING WHEN SHOOTING !!!***

UBinBlasterbeta1c Coming Later today !!! It will Include configurable projectile speed, this will help people who cannot see the projectile properly because its too fast, you will be able to adjust it to how you want (for instant action and server admins)..

Comment

Woooo.....one more question for you. In the ini file (i think thats where i saw this) it says the binblaster has a zoom feature, yet i cannot find a key that enables that. Is this something that has to be manually bound in an ini file, and if so how? Thanks.

Comment

Naw, It's alt fire, sniper scope blue e.g in one of the images above

[shot]http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ut32007120301591934xr2.jpg[/shot]

more pics underway

Comment

Thats odd. Alt fire was the first thing i tried but it doesn't do anything on mine.

Comment

Hey woooo........i don't want to sound like i'm pestering you, but i'm sure you probably want this mutator to be right. I found a bug. At first i thought it was a bug in a certain map, but by trying different maps and one by one removing mutators i found that it was the binblaster mut causing it. The bug is that on any map when i use the binblaster mut, the translocator is added to my inventory. even maps that don't usually have the translocator. And it does NOT show up in my weapons HUD. So you don't even know you have it till you cycle thru your weapons. then you see it's one of them even tho it doesn't show up in the weapon HUD. It can make things tough when you're in combat and you try and switch weapons in the heat of battle and end up with the translocator and end up dying. so i'm just letting you know. Hopefully you can fix it for the final release. i looked in the ini and saw that it says "ballowtranslocator=False". So it shouldn't be there, but maybe that has to be somewhere else? I tried adding it to all 3 headings in the ini but it didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by iknowjohnny View Post
                            Hey woooo........i don't want to sound like i'm pestering you, but i'm sure you probably want this mutator to be right. I found a bug. At first i thought it was a bug in a certain map, but by trying different maps and one by one removing mutators i found that it was the binblaster mut causing it. The bug is that on any map when i use the binblaster mut, the translocator is added to my inventory. even maps that don't usually have the translocator. And it does NOT show up in my weapons HUD. So you don't even know you have it till you cycle thru your weapons. then you see it's one of them even tho it doesn't show up in the weapon HUD. It can make things tough when you're in combat and you try and switch weapons in the heat of battle and end up with the translocator and end up dying. so i'm just letting you know. Hopefully you can fix it for the final release. i looked in the ini and saw that it says "ballowtranslocator=False". So it shouldn't be there, but maybe that has to be somewhere else? I tried adding it to all 3 headings in the ini but it didn't help.
                            Naw ofc you're not pestering, it's good to tell me bugs, is what the beta is for, thanks for telling me this =], I will check it soon !

Comment

bmp for if people havent seen yet :> I'm going to try work on a newer version this weekend with things some have suggested.

Comment

Working...
                              X