No announcement yet.

{IK}XARK V1d-Beta (Zark/Sniper Rifle) --- *Updated 01/6/08*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the zark guns are usually default weapons on zark servers. Having the zark as a "pick up" weapon would be unfair in my opinion due to its immense power.

Comment

someone falls back to study and learn from the Unreal Source Code
      being used in this weapon only to find that the code has been stripsourced..

EDIT: What can I say?

Comment

Originally posted by pingfreak View Post
        Help from the community has been used for the development for this weapon;
        So lets say, someone falls back to study and learn from the Unreal Source Code
        I to am aware of the method of doing this. I have used this and believe this could be done to prevent someone from doing a copy and paste on thier mod by just renaming it. however, I would think that when someone asks directly to the authors personally, help would be nice to see had at least since the source is not available. ...
        None. Not even to a simple question, how did they go about adding thier custom crosshair.. I was told weeks have been put into this weapon and thier not going to give out answers.
        What about the answers you were given by the community? What about the help you received.
        I would also like to mention that the source I striped on my own weapon pack was available to at least one of these authors upon request. It seems to be a game that is getting ugly.

I want to share these facts to show you what is going on behind this weapon making scene. I see some cut throat and dishonest people behind the curtains.

I only was able to speak to one of the authors. I could not reach the others.
        But, it is mods and mod authors like this
        I wish to BAN from using their mods/muts/weapons
        and not to offer help. Why should you, their not going to help you or anyone else in return.
        I would also like to see your comments if you understand and or agree.

Do Not Download this Weapon.
        actually cyber has helped me a lot with my weapon.

Comment

PingFreak:

You have made some good points, but do not let it bother u to much.

If it's the crosshair issue; then that might be the authors pride of creation.

Comment

looks amazing cant wait hopefully you will release a ps3 version.

Comment

Cool Stuff Cyber

Comment

PingFreak,

The source code will be released with the final Xark.

cyber

Comment

awwe whats a matter ping.. mad that you can't decomiple his work change the names and call it your own anymore. pour thing. guess you have to learn how to code for once.

don't listen to what pingfreak says. in 2k4 he is known for taking other ppls work renaming it and calling it his own. he has been kicked out of many coding sites for doing this.

Comment

@Bonez I made more progress for your prosniperrifle in a week than your team did in months. As soon as I give it to 1 person to test on server to verify changing your personal skins to a rifle works this is the result. Which btw I did do when I was part of your scriptor group. I was baned from your group because I was misunderstood for moving to quickly. And I have NOT been kicked out of many coding sites, no, .. just yours. ... In fact, My replacement, made even more progress and even finished it for you. I will sit back and watch others use the code you helped develop to make weapons of their own. As it has always been. You think Epic gripes 'he stole my code'? Now as far as Bastardizing a weapon, I have never done so. Bastardizing is where you replace the names and call it your own. I can toss you several things I made that 'are' unique. I haven't seen your name around here offering help. P.S. When are YOU going to learn how to code?

@Cyber
                    Reading code is the best way to learn.
                    I appreciate your concern Cyberhawk and mild manor and respect your words.
                    I offer You an apology.

someone falls back to study and learn from the Unreal Source Code

EDIT: What can I say?

Comment

Anyone else feel like they're missing something...?

Comment

That this is supposed to be fun?

Comment

Cool Stuff Cyber

Comment

Wrong Sir, wrong.
                            I never said it was a ut3 pack.
                            So, because I share with o4 that mean you will only share with o4.
                            yes, you shared your ut2004 weapons to show.
                            I have no need to extract or read that source, You came to me for help remember.
                            you claimed to be an author of this weapon,
                            but refused to talk to your team about this subject.
                            I wouldn't have come here if you hadn't provoked me to do so. Which you did.
                            Don't care how long u've been doing it. I've been in since ut99 too.
                            I've made more weapons than you.
                            Your opinions are your opinions that I respect but disagree with.
                            I'm not scared, was only giving an ounce of respect which you lost yourself.
                            I'm not looking for people that 'dislike' you there is evidentially one here already.
                            This took 2-3 weeks before posting.
                            I could downgrade to name calling as well.. but will not.
                            Again, you shared nothing of this project with me.
                            My project are my own projects.
                            I have given to this community what I could, as I believe it's only right.
                            You will not ever find me hiding works.
                            I have no regrets.
                            Can I get an AMEN, cause I know this has been good reading material.
                            In your say/ Stripsourcing code and not offering help is what you do Sir.

[EDIT] But, hey this got you here, now maybe you will actually help someone.
                            I wash my hands of this filth.

Comment

Cool Stuff Cyber
                              Frank

Comment

I'd like to move on but, to touch on that, You did ask me how to extract the texture for edit. I'm the one that told you to screenshot the texture in the first place. At the time that was the only way to get a good starting base of the sniper texture. At that time I had a texture on a gun, only it wasn't published.
                                Again Help given.
                                Couldn't get a common instruction how to get my own texture in tho.
                                I'm really not trying to knock you down, but sheesh. I don't care how long you've been texturing or if you got yours done first. That is just another sample of how you got help and pushed and fought your way to be the first at something.
                                It is obvious that this is now between Sir Bee and I, no need to continue here. PM's if interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X