{IK}XARK V1d-Beta (Zark/Sniper Rifle) --- *Updated 01/6/08*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet Otter View Post
    cyberhawk, I tried how youve explained before, but you still start off with your sniper in hand. I want it so you start off with default enforcer with all default weapons except the sniper replacement. Thats the problem that i'm having.

Sorry if I did'nt explain myself more clearly before.
    adjust in your .ini the following:

adjWeaponPriority=0.000000

You'll start out with the Enforcer and not the sniper. The Xark will be in your inventory however and it's something that you cannot tweak in this version. In the final version, I'll see if I can make it an option of whether or not to add the Xark to inventory. This way, if you desire, you would have to obtain the weapon from it's pickup base first before using.

Comment

Originally posted by Saiya-jin View Post
      Cyberhawk, Xark still has issues with zooming with the Action Cam mod. I noticed the sound changed as well. I liked the old sound much better. However, the headshot issue is fixed. If I shoot at their head, it comes off. I like the costumization of .ini file as well. That will be beneficial for online play for sure. You mentioned something about the script for the sniper and the script for the xark being different in some way that is conflicting with the Action cam mod. If you could point me in a direction, maybe I could help...
      I'll have to see what firesound I used for version "C". I thought it was the same, but obviously not. Hehe

In the Action Cam mod script, it will allow any non-scoped weapons or mutators to work with it. From what I can see from the scope code, it points directly at the default SniperRifle and it's textures. I may be wrong, but it don't look like it would work with any scoped mutator rifle in it's current state. I am working on a patch to be able to use Action Cam with the Xark, but it will be for the Xark Final Release only. I should have it finished within a week.

Comment

Originally posted by çyßêrhåwk View Post
        adjust in your .ini the following:

adjWeaponPriority=0.000000

You'll start out with the Enforcer and not the sniper. The Xark will be in your inventory however and it's something that you cannot tweak in this version. In the final version, I'll see if I can make it an option of whether or not to add the Xark to inventory. This way, if you desire, you would have to obtain the weapon from it's pickup base first before using.
        That adjustment will be fine fore now, but yeah, if it can be done to be picked up at base only, that would be perfect!!

Thanks a lot

I agree with Saiya-jin, I think the default sound has a way better punch than whats in the mutator.

Comment

Hmmm this might be the kind of thing I'm looking for. I've been looking for a sniper rifle such as this and I'm wondering if you'd be willing to cook this mod for the ps3 maybe? I'm not sure if the ps3 supports custom models, but I'd be fine if it were just the old sniper rifle model.

Comment

I play PC Zark and absolutely love it. I also like to host PS3 games and was wondering if it would be possible to cook this for the PS3 as well.

Comment

In the next few days I have off, I'm going to work out all the bugs and produce a final with pc and ps3 compatibility.

Comment

Originally posted by çyßêrhåwk View Post
                In the next few days I have off, I'm going to work out all the bugs and produce a final with pc and ps3 compatibility.
                Thank you Cyberhawk! Great work!

Comment

two words... NICE GUN!

Ps... thanks for considering PS3 too!

Comment

Indeed, I was reading this entire thread and seen your weapon replacement options in your config; I was looking to add something like this to a weapon pack i'm doing. Is it possible I can look at your code for reference?

Comment

That gun looks awesome

Comment

I have been wondering something about this mod for a while. Is it a sniper rifle that just looks different and has more powerfull ammo? Or is it an asault rifle, with zoom and high powered ammo? What I'm sort of asking is, Is it single shot or auto-matic? What is the firing rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                          I have been wondering something about this mod for a while. Is it a sniper rifle that just looks different and has more powerfull ammo? Or is it an asault rifle, with zoom and high powered ammo? What I'm sort of asking is, Is it single shot or auto-matic? What is the firing rate?
                          It's up to you ! All that is configurable.

Comment

Good Question Larry L,

Looking back at my description, it is a little vague.

The Xark has a configurable firerate based off of eMac's {dFb} Ultra Sniper Rifle. You can set the rate of fire to anything you desire. There's actually two firerate settings: Firerate while moving and Firerate while still. I'm a Zark "Freestyle" player so I have both settings equal to each other and set to a high firerate (Full Automatic). Some Zark servers have the "Firerate While Still" setting bumped down to a slower rate while maintaining fast firerate when moving. This rewards the run & gun style of play while handicapping the sniper. On the other side of the fence we have the Sniper servers where the settings are almost the complete opposite of Zark. Slow when moving and fast when still, rewarding the Sniper. There's also settings for accuracy while moving and still. If you want a more realistic game, your accuracy could be better while still and a little eratic while moving. I personally have both set for accuracy. The weapon damage can be set from no damage at all to one-shot one-kill.

Comment

WoW, that's pretty in-depth. But the setting of the gun depends on the person who put up the server right? That is one thing I wouldn't like. What would be nice, but isn't possible, is if you could have your own saved setting for that gun for anytime you join a server using it. Like I would have it set for run and gun, but you could have a balance of both, and she could have it set up for sniping. It's not possible to do that though, right?

Comment

@ Larry L the setting of the gun on the server is replicated to everyone on that server...

@cyber Nice weapon bro. good to see this for UT3. Still awaiting your answer from page 3 (is it?) no, page 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X