Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there, the problem that i'm having, is that after what seems to be a successful conversion, i just can't find the map! ANYWHERE! where is it supposed to be located after the conversion?

thx in advance, awesome work xtremexp

Comment

Originally posted by Ignotium View Post
      hi there, the problem that i'm having, is that after what seems to be a successful conversion, i just can't find the map! ANYWHERE! where is it supposed to be located after the conversion?

thx in advance, awesome work xtremexp
      the program create the file "UT3PORT.T3D" which should be where your have installed the program (same folder).

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
        the program create the file "UT3PORT.T3D" which should be where your have installed the program (same folder).
        Nope man, no way. The conversion seems to be successful, but the file just doesn't exists! i even performed a full PC search and nothing.

Do you think that if i try the bacth way of launching the app, it may work?

Awesome work anyways

Comment

Were do i find the t3d file? when i press Convert! i window just pop up and it says the ut2004 map has bin successfully converted and nothing more...

Comment

Normally program tells u where the .t3d file is:

Check you have set the correct ut2004 folder and u are logged in as admin.

Comment

Yes but i tested whith the 18 ver. and it worked but now thith the 19 ver.
              in 18 it stands where the file are but not in the 19 but the t3d file that 18 creates are 0kb big :S

Comment

woo! i just moved it from my desktop to c:/ and now it works tx

Comment

hmmmm I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, have v19 but it always crashes my UED.

It converted ok into a T3D file (or so it says and the file size is alright - does 3mb sound right? Even though the originals were like 10mb-20mb). (These are the ones in my E:\Documents\ folder correct?)

So I fire up UT3 editor and make a new subtractive map and then when I import, it just crashes to desktop.

I then tried with some stock UT2k4 maps and it cant load anything when I import and after I click all the ok boxes, it crashes again...

any words of wisdom where I might be going at this all wrong? Do I need to edit anything in the map in 2k4 UED to make it import ok?

Comment

Theres no map when i import and of the .t3d files that creates

Comment

ok I think I got it, however, it looks like a huge mess in my UED!

Basically I had to change the location of the Folder for the converter. Causes big issues if its on you desktop!

Comment

Sounds awesome!

But will I have to replace the health,armor, and weapon pickups? or can I just import the map and I'm good to go?

Comment

This tool FTW!!!!!!!!!! Just friggin' awesome, thanks a ton.

Comment

So can i assume this utility is for experienced mappers, or at least those experienced with the editor to some degree? I've never used the editor aside from once moving some pickups on a map to different places in 2004, and that took me quite a while to figure out. I'd really love to be able to use some of my fav 2004 maps, but i haven't got the patience or time to learn the editor. Should i just pass on this utility or can it be used w/o knowing anything about the editor aside from a few small details i could get answers to here?

Comment

Originally posted by iknowjohnny View Post
                              So can i assume this utility is for experienced mappers, or at least those experienced with the editor to some degree? I've never used the editor aside from once moving some pickups on a map to different places in 2004, and that took me quite a while to figure out. I'd really love to be able to use some of my fav 2004 maps, but i haven't got the patience or time to learn the editor. Should i just pass on this utility or can it be used w/o knowing anything about the editor aside from a few small details i could get answers to here?
                              The converter doesn't port all the stuff of the map for the moment.
                              So u'll still have to know some skills about: texturing,movers,terrain (if u had one),staticmeshes.It's quite easy to use the program, the main thing after is to re-texture map, transform it as a "UT3" map,check gameplay..

Comment

The converter doesn't port all the stuff of the map for the moment.
                                So u'll still have to know some skills about: texturing,movers,terrain (if u had one),staticmeshes
                                Hmmm.......sounds from that statement like it eventually WILL be able to do that? And if so would it then be simple enough for all users? If not, at least i hope this utility will cause a lot of 2004 maps to be uploaded. I just wish i could pick and choose because there are several rather little known/liked (assumed) maps i have from 2004 i'd love to see converted but probably won't.

Comment

Working...
                                X