Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
    So when is the light radius / color gonna get fixed?
    it is ever fixed since around version 0.0014. You should check newer versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Suicide View Post
      While I personally won't use this tool I’m ok with it existing and people using it. As long as the people who do use it put some thought and work in to the ports. What I don't want to see is a bunch of 1:1 ports that have not been rescaled or worked around the new movement system. That can be a big deal when you’re working on an UT2k4 map with doge jump ramps and such.
      I agree with this and its what i am trying to do with my conversion for the clan who has asked me but i also can understand people wanting quick ports for possible leagues. Just as we stand right now normal ctf maps are needed badly to expand map options for the likes of clanbase and other league providers. So quick 1 to 1 ports from 2k4 that need little work done on them will happen while the original maps or better conversions are being worked on.

In a few months we will have far more original maps appearing than simple ports which is the way it should be, just i think for now to help the league side out we will have to live with quick ports as much as the majority of us do not like them. In the end i hope the new original UT3 maps slowly become the favourites alongside good conversions that people like myself and others have spent a good time converting and updating properly.

SCM

Comment

Ok guys, I know what you mean about the commitment, sacrifices and stress that can be involved. I've been using UEd since '99 but managed to lose almost everything I've made one way or another, including some stuff I wanted to release. Got one or two left that I want to port with this tool though but my favorite map is made entirely of statics :s

Sjosz, funny you should mention Architecture. I use the same drafting equipment for The concept and design stages of my own business. I see what you mean with the comparison too and admit you've got some good points there.

On the subject of old classics...

Teddie! Hah, I know what you're saying man and if you say it can be hard work then who am I to argue.
        Coffee and cigs eh? Well I've always liked a few coffee beans rather than cups of the stuff so started chewing them while playing. It was ok until I got about 2 hours in where I'd have to peel myself away from the screen, shaking and smiling with clenched teeth. Can't say I recommend coffee beans as a UT snack.
        I haven't much health to speak of but I did manage to lose my fiancee to UT and UEd. I won't say my daughter because I get her 3 days out of 7 which is an absolutely great situation in retrospect (I apparently had a lucky escape ).

Anyway, are you working on any maps for UT3 at the moment?

Hazel, I was referring more to old maps made by fans rather than professional mappers when I quoted you, meaning that they did it solely for the love of the game but was being semantic too, my apologies.
        By "hard work" I mean there is a considerable amount of time and thought put into the various stages of map development.
        Of course, I love mapping myself. The more time and thought goes in, the better the outcome. I think Teddie explained it well but I think there's an interesting paradox here between fun and work. One I probably shouldn't have made a comment about. Don't want to make pointless waves in the community I care about. There's enough of that directed at it anyway.
        If it was so easy, why would people want a convertor in the first place?
        Well, recreating the BSP could be considered boring when you can just convert it and to better effect. From what I've played of remakes so far in UT3, speed might be as big a factor as scale in capturing the feel of the originals and I think you can set that within the map, no?

I noticed your fine skyboxes there Hazel. Are they obsolete now, in UEd4?

Mr Suicide, I personally hate those box arena maps. Almost all the maps I like are medium sized ctf maps with good flow. I suppose I still haven't accepted the transition from UT to UT2003 editors where you were suddenly required to model and import everything to get any originality. As was said at the time, mapping is now the realm of a team unless you're multi-talented and willing to put in a lot of dedication. Anything original that I'll release will be all flow and little eye candy unfortunately.

I have a great respect for those who choose your line of work, I've known one or two quite well online too but all said, it's not really, really hard work, is it?

j/k

Also, sorry mods for the OT.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
          it is ever fixed since around version 0.0014. You should check newer versions.
          Wrong. I checked the latest version and it wasn't fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Giblet View Post
            I noticed your fine skyboxes there Hazel. Are they obsolete now, in UEd4?
            Thanks It's possible to map the textures onto a mesh to place in the new editor, but they look too outdated to use in UT3 imo. A couple of the newest skyboxes might still work if you added more cloud detail and stuff in the foreground.

Comment

I don't mind if they look outdated. Thanks for the info too, I'll give all that a try.

Comment

Wrong. I checked the latest version and it wasn't fixed.
                it is really fixed man:
                As a check i had made small map with a central substracted brush and a light in it:
                UT2004 Map:
                Begin Actor Class=Light Name=Light0
                LightHue=255/255=1=360/360
                LightSaturation=104/255=40,7%
                LightBrightness=237.000000/255=92,9%

UT2004 Map ported to UT3:
                LightColor=(B=140,G=140,R=237,A=0)
                Blue:140/255=54,9%
                Green:140/255=54,9%
                Red:237/255=92,9%

Now according to this website:
                http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ed-abr...GB-Colors.html
                Parameters:
                Hue:359
                Sat:41%
                Brightness:93%
                Results: GivenValue (UT3 Value)
                R=237 (237)
                G=140 (140)
                B=142 (140)

So i am not wrong about lights colors.
                You can check by your self creating a small map with a light then export to .t3d and c the 2 .t3d files.
                UT3 lights are using RGB format
                UT2004 lights use HSB format.

You may be right for lightning radius which seems to be slightly more important.
                Default UT3 lightning radius: 1024
                Default UT2004 light radius: 64
                So by default it uses Radius factor of 16X.
                But in the level i think it should be better 20X (people can still change this value in the program)

Comment

Well I tried it on one of my maps and most of the lights are out of place and some areas are pretty dark others are too bright. Sorry, try again.

Comment

most of the lights are out of place
                    ->NO
                    UT2004 Light (from ut2004 map AS-7Co-TheEgyptianPyramid):
                    Code:
                    Begin Actor Class=Light Name=Light282
                        LightSaturation=128
                        LightBrightness=128.000000
                        LightRadius=16.000000
                        Level=LevelInfo'AS-7Co-TheEgyptianPyramid-Final.LevelInfo0'
                        Region=(Zone=ZoneInfo'AS-7Co-TheEgyptianPyramid-Final.ZoneInfo20',iLeaf=1592,ZoneNumber=1)
                        Tag="Light"
                        Group="None,BlueBase"
                        PhysicsVolume=DefaultPhysicsVolume'AS-7Co-TheEgyptianPyramid-Final.DefaultPhysicsVolume15'
                        Location=(X=1506.850098,Y=1801.536133,Z=4479.679688)
                        Rotation=(Yaw=49152)
                        SoundVolume=76
                    End Actor
                    UT3 Ported Map (same light)
                    Code:
                    Begin Actor Class=PointLight Name=PointLight_282 Archetype=PointLight'Engine.Default__PointLight'
                         Begin Object Class=DrawLightRadiusComponent Name=DrawLightRadius282 ObjName=DrawLightRadiusComponent_282 Archetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius282'
                             SphereRadius=256.0 (=UT2004 Light Radius X16)
                             LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True,Dynamic=True)
                             Name="DrawLightRadiusComponent_282"
                             ObjectArchetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius282'
                          End Object
                          Begin Object Class=PointLightComponent Name=PointLightComponent282 ObjName=PointLightComponent_282 Archetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent282'
                             Radius=256.0
                               PreviewLightRadius=DrawLightRadiusComponent'DrawLightRadiusComponent_282'
                               LightColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=0)
                               Name="PointLightComponent_282"
                               ObjectArchetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent282'
                          End Object 
                          Begin Object Class=SpriteComponent Name=Sprite ObjName=SpriteComponent_282 Archetype=SpriteComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:Sprite'
                               LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True,Dynamic=True)
                               Name="SpriteComponent_282"
                               ObjectArchetype=SpriteComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:Sprite'
                          End Object
                          LightComponent=PointLightComponent'PointLightComponent_282'
                          Components(0)=SpriteComponent'SpriteComponent_282'
                          Components(1)=DrawLightRadiusComponent'DrawLightRadiusComponent_282'
                          Components(2)=PointLightComponent'PointLightComponent_282'
                          Tag="PointLight"
                          Location=(X=1506.8501,Y=1801.5361,Z=4479.6797)
                          Name="PointLight_282"
                          ObjectArchetype=PointLight'Engine.Default__PointLight'
                    End Actor
                    some areas are pretty dark others are too bright. Sorry, try again.
                    ->Increase Radius Factor
                    ->Try changing some settings for all pointlights whle in UT3 editor.
                    or port yourself all the lights

Comment

I tried this bad boy out and the file generated is empty. Any clues?

Comment

Originally posted by SkrU View Post
                        I tried this bad boy out and the file generated is empty. Any clues?
                        try latest version 0.019, should be ok now.

Comment

Originally posted by Giblet View Post

On the subject of old classics...

Teddie! Hah, I know what you're saying man and if you say it can be hard work then who am I to argue.
                          Coffee and cigs eh? Well I've always liked a few coffee beans rather than cups of the stuff so started chewing them while playing. It was ok until I got about 2 hours in where I'd have to peel myself away from the screen, shaking and smiling with clenched teeth. Can't say I recommend coffee beans as a UT snack.
                          I haven't much health to speak of but I did manage to lose my fiancee to UT and UEd. I won't say my daughter because I get her 3 days out of 7 which is an absolutely great situation in retrospect (I apparently had a lucky escape ).

Anyway, are you working on any maps for UT3 at the moment?
                          lol. Those coffee beans are freakin' great. My wife got me turned on to them. I can't remember if they are chocolate covered coffee beans... I think they are.

Sorry to hear about your fiancee...

I am in fact working on some stuff, but I'm still in the learning phase again due to the differences from the ued versions.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                            try latest version 0.019, should be ok now.
                            Thanks

Comment

Working fine on a UT99 convert with/without safe mode in Vista 64 bit, good job

Comment

When I try brush scaling, the brushes come out all wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X