Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    trying to go from ut99 to ut3..

    can anyone see anything wrong with my method here?

    -copy paste from ut99 ed to 2k4 ed, rebuild with non default texture and save as .ut2 map

    when i try to convert this file using that method, the outputut3.t3d is 0kb and doesnt work in the ut3 ed..

    ive also tried exporting the brushes as a t3d from 2k4 ed and converting them t3d to t3d, which results in a 1mb file or around, but nothing seems to register when i try to import the outputut3.t3d into the ut3 ed?!

    any ideas? man i really want to get crackin on this map, and im largely making meshes in 3dsmax, but i need to gameplay test it for ut3 first with raw bsp..

    Comment


      #62
      Hmm tried it on a few of my maps and I dont think so!

      Comment


        #63
        When converting, I am coming up with a 0kb output file. And then when I import, nothing is actually imported.

        I get no errors, the converter does not crash, I even get the confirmation dialog box saying that the map has been converted, but there is no data in the file. I have tried checking the safe mode box and have tried various maps.

        I am trying to convert 2k4 maps.

        Any ideas?

        Comment


          #64
          Can't thank you enough! Was starting to lose enthusiasm to port stuff until I read this thread.
          Originally posted by Xzodus View Post
          xtremexp, you are god!

          http://xtremexp.youaremighty.com

          This program deserves to be stickied when the final release comes out.
          QFC (quoted for cheese)

          Comment


            #65
            Ok update i had to do a reinstall of the game last night due to a few issues and thought i'd try importing the map again today. It is now working perfectly and the map has been converted then imported into UT3ed with no issues at all.

            So looks like my thoughts of the editor being screwed up was correct and a clean reinstall seems to have solved the issues i was having. So thumbs up for me for this utility

            SCM

            Comment


              #66
              0kb output file when converting UT2004 to UT3

              Greetings -

              I gave your java app a try, but unfortunately, nothing exported. My experience is exactly like this persons:
              Originally posted by slug View Post
              When converting, I am coming up with a 0kb output file. And then when I import, nothing is actually imported.

              I get no errors, the converter does not crash, I even get the confirmation dialog box saying that the map has been converted, but there is no data in the file. I have tried checking the safe mode box and have tried various maps.

              I am trying to convert 2k4 maps.

              Any ideas?
              I'm running Vista, do have java 1.6installed, have UT3 on this PC (unpatched), and have UT2004 installed (fully patched). I get no errors - only an file with 0K.

              I've tried maps mentioned in this thread in addition to my own, and the results are the same.

              Thank you for your time and energy - you're doing a great thing that will save much time for those who want to recreate older maps.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by slug View Post
                When converting, I am coming up with a 0kb output file. And then when I import, nothing is actually imported.
                I get no errors, the converter does not crash, I even get the confirmation dialog box saying that the map has been converted, but there is no data in the file. I have tried checking the safe mode box and have tried various maps.
                Any ideas?
                Originally posted by Sonic Wallpaper View Post
                Greetings -
                I'm running Vista, do have java 1.6installed, have UT3 on this PC (unpatched), and have UT2004 installed (fully patched). I get no errors - only an file with 0K.
                Are u logged in as administrator?
                Which method did u try? .UT2->.T3D or .T3D->.T3D?
                If it's .UT2->.T3D check the folder of your ut2004 game you provided for the program.
                It should be ut2004 game root folder: (ex: c:\Program Files\UnrealTournament 2004)

                Comment


                  #68
                  >> Are u logged in as administrator?

                  Yes - my user account is set up as an administrator

                  >> Which method did u try? .UT2->.T3D or .T3D->.T3D?

                  I tried " .UT2->.T3D "

                  >> If it's .UT2->.T3D check the folder of your ut2004 game you provided for the program. It should be ut2004 game root folder: (ex: c:\Program Files\UnrealTournament 2004)

                  Is the path hardcoded in your app? for me, it's installed here: c:\Program Files\UT2004

                  Thank you for the quick reply

                  Comment


                    #69
                    I having a slightly different problem. Again on Vista, admin login, I do get some output, but it apprears to stop short, not exportng all of the data. Or, maybe I'm not letting it run long enough. How long does it take to do a T3D to T3D after exportnig the data from a UT GOTY map appox?

                    And, any attempt to import to the UT3 editor results in a crash straight away, fresh install of the game & app

                    Comment


                      #70
                      I installed your app on my old PC, which is running XP Pro, has UT2004 installed in C:\UT2004, and has the UT3 DEMO installed... and was able to generate an export.

                      I then copied the output files to the new PC, and was able to import into UE3

                      For reference, the map was VCTF and was mainly covered with terrain, and my import displayed the following warnings/errors:

                      ==============

                      Engine.NavigationPoint:nextNavigationPoint: unresolved cast in 'xRedFlagBase'VCTF-TheFlagChamber.xRedFlagBase1
                      TerrainInfo0
                      (8) RoadPathNode
                      (4) assaultpart
                      (3) flyingPathNode
                      (1) jumpspot

                      the (#) states how many warnings were of that type.
                      ==========

                      I'll be sure to keep watching your thread and trying your app on my Vista PC.

                      Thanks again.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        OK, just tried exporting a default map from 2k4 on my laptop (XP Pro SP2). Exported no problems, UT GOTY maps still stopping before completing output though. Copied over to my main PC (Vista). Editor crashes on import almost straight away.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          I just tried running this app and get the following error:

                          Code:
                          C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin>j
                          Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassD
                          roupLayout$Group
                                  at ut3port.Main.main(Main.java:504)
                          I tried it from double clicking it and from a batch file. I have tried it under all 3 java installed versions including the latest version.

                          I ran as administrator as well, but nothing happens. Have also added bin to path in environment variables etc.

                          Im running Vista Ultimate 64-bit by the way

                          Comment


                            #73
                            I had no problems exporting a map from UT2004 but the UT3 editor crashes as soon as I try to import it. I'm running Vista if that means anything. Is there a way to make this work?

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by Gleedo View Post
                              I just tried running this app and get the following error:

                              Code:
                              C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin>j
                              Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassD
                              roupLayout$Group
                                      at ut3port.Main.main(Main.java:504)
                              I tried it from double clicking it and from a batch file. I have tried it under all 3 java installed versions including the latest version.

                              I ran as administrator as well, but nothing happens. Have also added bin to path in environment variables etc.

                              Im running Vista Ultimate 64-bit by the way
                              this prob means u forgot to keep swing-layout-1.0.jar file in /lib folder.
                              if u executing the program from C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin make sure there is also this file:
                              C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\lib\swing-layout-1.0.jar.
                              So u should have
                              <YourInstallFolder>\lib\swing-layout-1.0.jar
                              <YourInstallFolder>\ut3converter.jar
                              Or perhaps i would need to compile the program for Vista 64 bit? I really don't have any idea about how java programs works with 64 bits OS.

                              Originally posted by Suckpump View Post
                              I had no problems exporting a map from UT2004 but the UT3 editor crashes as soon as I try to import it. I'm running Vista if that means anything. Is there a way to make this work?
                              Did u try "safe mode"?

                              Originally posted by frisp View Post
                              OK, just tried exporting a default map from 2k4 on my laptop (XP Pro SP2). Exported no problems, UT GOTY maps still stopping before completing output though. Copied over to my main PC (Vista). Editor crashes on import almost straight away.
                              Did u try "safe mode"?
                              Also just note that the program supports UT99,Unreal 1 maps as an experiment, this means, it's being tested. I'll released a new version within 2 days that will make some major improvements about these import errors.

                              Originally posted by frisp View Post
                              How long does it take to do a T3D to T3D after exportnig the data from a UT GOTY map appox?
                              It takes about 5-10s depending on map size and your processor

                              Originally posted by Sonic Wallpaper View Post
                              Is the path hardcoded in your app? for me, it's installed here: c:\Program Files\UT2004
                              path is not hardcoded, it's just in this crappy config file : config.ini
                              Anyway i have no idea for the moment why u get a 0Kb file. Perhaps it's just because UT2004 didn't suceeded to export your map to .t3d.
                              Try then the .t3d->.T3d method:
                              Open your map with UT2004 editor, then File->Export
                              Use the .t3d file with the program then.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by Sjosz View Post
                                Guess I'll be the (only) person to say that I find it a shame this tool is here. Porting maps'll never get you the result you'd want when you're looking to retain gameplay and such. Remakes are not ports, and ports generally suck when movement etc changes. But that's just my opinion.

                                EDIT: Even for approximate blueprinting a level, it's a shame. People get lazy and don't appreciate all the effort gone into making levels. (/rant)
                                Agreed.

                                If you decide to use this tool, don't make the level a straightforward port. Spend some time on it so it fits with UT3 gameplay. And please please get permission before porting someone else's hard work.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X