Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have your newest version.
    It seemed to be related to the map.
    I was able to convert another map (Bridge of fate).
    I'm not a map maker (I just don't have the time).
    I was hoping after converting that I could play the map.
    What I got was basically no textures and the "bridge" that connects the 2 sides was gone.
    Maybe this is more for map makers than users.
    Nice work either way.

Comment

the program as i said doesn't import textures and staticmeshes for the moment.
      Anyway i've make a newer version:
      UT3-Converter-V0017.zip
      u should use "safe mode" so it will import brushes and lightning only (so ut3 editor will prob not crash this time )

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
        Ha, I wish this tool was out before I manually ported over my BSP...
        Same here. I've been working on porting over my old December24th. Doing each old brush in notepad to UT3... very tedious.

I'm going to have to try this.

Thanks xtremexp!!!

Teddie

[EDIT] Just did a quick test... Ok brother, you saved me a sh*t-load of time moving my brushes over to UT3. You rock. Now I can concentrate on the other things -- textures, meshes, etc.

Comment

dont work i dont know what you mean decompress all i can do is open help me plzzzz i want to use this program looks very interesting help me plzzzzz

Comment

Nice little utility. It works ok for most stock maps and maps that were done properly. I've noticed that the majority of the thrown together in 2 hours maps generally don't import.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
              I have your newest version.
              It seemed to be related to the map.
              I was able to convert another map (Bridge of fate).
              I'm not a map maker (I just don't have the time).
              I was hoping after converting that I could play the map.
              What I got was basically no textures and the "bridge" that connects the 2 sides was gone.
              Maybe this is more for map makers than users.
              Nice work either way.

No you won't have a functional map. There will be alot of texturing and lighting to do. It's more of a mappers tool.

Comment

I've tried all versions of this utility and none of them work!!! I've tried stock maps and custom maps .
                It acts like it's converting and I can find the converted file , But when I import nothing is there after it appears to load the import.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm no mapper but I tried DM-DE-Grendelkeep and it worked fine. I was able to run around in the untextured unlit map without any real issues. Very cool utility.

Comment

I'm the same tried the latest 2 versions of this and it gets so far, with lots of dialogue boxes from the editor before it crashes at the same point each time which is about 1034 actors in. Tried copying the bsp only to another map and converting that even that fails on safe mode, hopefully it is more an editor problem than this as this is a great utility if i can get it working.

SCM

edit meant brushes not actors in this post just mind wasn't fully with it last night and retried again after this post on the pure bsp copy of the level and it gets 436 brushes in then dies in the UT3 editor. Hopefully it is just an editor issue that is fixable in any patch we get for the game.

Comment

Try safe mode if u got problem for importing.

Comment

Some ideas...

Instead of a safe mode how about having different checkboxes to select only things like lights, player starts, path nodes, ect. That way you could export just the brushes to one file, the lights to a different file, ect., get everything cleaned up and retextured and then import the lights and fix those and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                          Try safe mode if u got problem for importing.
                          I have and it still will not import the map i am attemtping to port from 2k4 or ut99, only one i haven't tried is 2k3 as not got that installed on the computer at present. I have even tried cleaning the map up of everything but the bsp in the old editor by deleting all the ammo, weapons points etc leaving just the bsp behind before trying to import the map in under safe mode. I am thinking it is more an issue with the UT3 editor falling down somehow rather than your converter seeing others are having no problem with it.

If you want to test the map yourself importing wise it is CTF-Ranel from UT and 2k4 at least this way if you or someone else can import it, it eliminates your programme and lays the blame squarely on UT3 editor which is where i think the issue lies.

SCM

Comment

Originally posted by MrCobra View Post
                            Some ideas...

Instead of a safe mode how about having different checkboxes to select only things like lights, player starts, path nodes, ect. That way you could export just the brushes to one file, the lights to a different file, ect., get everything cleaned up and retextured and then import the lights and fix those and so on.
                            That's what i have planned to do but without seperate files for the moment.

Originally posted by SCM View Post
                            If you want to test the map yourself importing wise it is CTF-Ranel from UT and 2k4 at least this way if you or someone else can import it, it eliminates your programme and lays the blame squarely on UT3 editor which is where i think the issue lies.
                            SCM
                            i gonna look at this map right now to c what's wrong.

I'm currently working about importing textures so i got 2 solutions:
                            Solution 1:
                            Program can detect textures used in the map and would be able to automatically extract all textures needed into .bmp or .dds (DXT compression) format.
                            The program won't be able to import all textures into the map, people would have to do an import of all these textures.
                            The main problem is that sometimes maps are using lots of textures , more than 100M+ so i don't think people would be interesting in downloading all this stuff (for online playing)

Solution 2:
                            Find UT3 textures that looks like the most to the UT2004 ones.
                            Problem:
                            there are more than 1000+ textures, so would take huge time to find which UT3 texture fit well.
                            Some textures themes are no longer in UT3 (such as egyptian theme).

Comment

Cheers for the update and i would be happy myself if the textures were left behind in any conversion of an old map or an option to do this, as personally it is the basic outline of the map i want. The shapes, the brushes and the work from there i will give it a proper UT3 look with new textures and static meshes to update the map.

SCM

Comment

How about possibly a terrain heightmap converter for later?

Comment

Working...
                                X