Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    Nope. It was a full conversion from scratch with every asset being imported from 3D meshes (exported ones from umodel). That version I used had problems with opening cooked packages (with meshes, particles, etc.). Only some small portion is opened and duplicated into a proper packages (to have a UDK uniform package).

The maps can actually be copy-pasted from UDK (T3D), converted to a UE4 conform T3D format (referencing the assets properly), scale the units and paste it into a new level. Some actors need to be removed obviously (which don't exist yet). Some names should also be renamed. I had to do the same with T3D from UT3 to UDK with a tool I created (parsing old format and rewrite it to a new file).

These were the maps for a (sadly... private) project back in the days:
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...1#post31812563
    This UT3 conversion to UDK looks very good, with much better lightning ! (too bad indeed it was aborted due to legal issues :/)
    About UE4 did you ever suceed to convert terrain and staticmeshes from UE3? If so how did you do? Also export with umodel then import ? (which format)
    From what i saw it's possible to manually export staticmeshes to .psk format with umodel, import with blender then export to .fbx format.
    But process is quite long doing so one by one.
    I'm trying to find out a way to automate conversion of staticmeshes.

Comment

xtremexp can you provide:
      • the most up to date UT3 converter tool that you have please. There is no link in this thread (or i cannot find it) and its a ut3 forum not ut4
      • A link that includes a working converter for all unreal games including 2003 -to- ut3.. would be great
      • Also the most up to date UT4 converter tool please. I have both roughinery and arcane temple remade in UT3 i would like to convert to UT4 (and 50+ other old unreal maps in UT3 waiting to be converted)

- i don't care about 3D model support (it would be great to have but it's not needed). the models from old maps need work that a converter will not fix and i have the source models anyway
      - terrain can be exported as heightmaps or recreated very quickly
      - UT4 will need the models rescaled anyway

p.s.
      025c = File Removed for Violation., but you have a more up to date version than this right?

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
        This UT3 conversion to UDK looks very good, with much better lightning ! (too bad indeed it was aborted due to legal issues :/)
        About UE4 did you ever suceed to convert terrain and staticmeshes from UE3? If so how did you do? Also export with umodel then import ? (which format)
        StaticMeshes in levels are just StaticMeshActors. Once you have the asset imported (not sure if there is a bulk/batch import for UE4) in its proper path, you can just copy the manipulated T3D.

UDK T3D with Static Mesh
        Code:
        Begin Map
           Begin Level
              Begin Actor Class=StaticMeshActor Archetype=StaticMeshActor'Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor'
                 Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name=StaticMeshComponent0 Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor:StaticMeshComponent0'
                    StaticMesh=StaticMesh'EditorMeshes.TexPropCube'
                    Materials(0)=Material'Engine_MI_Shaders.M_ES_Phong_Opaque_Master_01'
                 End Object
              End Actor
           End Level
        Begin Surface
        End Surface
        End Map
        UE4/UT4 T3D with StaticMesh (a different one)
        Code:
        Begin Map
           Begin Level
              Begin Actor Class=StaticMeshActor Archetype=StaticMeshActor'/Script/Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor'
                 Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name="StaticMeshComponent0" Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'/Script/Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor:StaticMeshComponent0'
                 End Object
                 Begin Object Name="StaticMeshComponent0"
                    StaticMesh=StaticMesh'/Game/RestrictedAssets/Blueprints/NickD/ProtoMeshes/100Box.100Box'
                 End Object
              End Actor
           End Level
        Begin Surface
        End Surface
        End Map

A quick example of a imported mesh from UT3 in UE4:

AS T3D:
        Code:
        Begin Map
           Begin Level
              Begin Actor Class=StaticMeshActor Name=S_LT_Deco_SM_TorlanTower1_11 Archetype=StaticMeshActor'/Script/Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor'
                 Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name="StaticMeshComponent0" Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'/Script/Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor:StaticMeshComponent0'
                 End Object
                    StaticMesh=StaticMesh'/Game/_User/S_LT_Deco_SM_TorlanTower1.S_LT_Deco_SM_TorlanTower1'
                    RelativeLocation=(X=30.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=20.000000)
                 End Object
                 StaticMeshComponent=StaticMeshComponent0
                 RootComponent=StaticMeshComponent0
                 ActorLabel="S_LT_Deco_SM_TorlanTower1"
              End Actor
           End Level
        Begin Surface
        End Surface
        End Map
        If you want to past this into UT3, you have to adjust the following:
        - Rename RelativeLocation to Location
        - Adjust paths
        - Remove unnecessary blocks

I imported the following asset:
        LT_Deco.SM.Mesh.S_LT_Deco_SM_TorlanTower1

You may end up having this. But there is a small problem with this (marked with red)
        Code:
        Begin Map
           Begin Level
              Begin Actor Class=StaticMeshActor Name=S_LT_Deco_SM_TorlanTower1_11 Archetype=StaticMeshActor'Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor'
                 Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name="StaticMeshComponent0" Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor:StaticMeshComponent0'
                 End Object
                    StaticMesh=StaticMesh'LT_Deco.SM.Mesh.S_LT_Deco_SM_TorlanTower1'
                    Location=(X=30.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=20.000000)
                 End Object
              End Actor
           End Level
        Begin Surface
        End Surface
        End Map
        The final UT3 T3D:
        Code:
        Begin Map
           Begin Level
              Begin Actor Class=StaticMeshActor Name=S_LT_Deco_SM_TorlanTower1_11 Archetype=StaticMeshActor'Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor'
                 Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name="StaticMeshComponent0" Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default__StaticMeshActor:StaticMeshComponent0'
                    StaticMesh=StaticMesh'LT_Deco.SM.Mesh.S_LT_Deco_SM_TorlanTower1'
                    Location=(X=30.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=20.000000)
                 End Object
              End Actor
           End Level
        Begin Surface
        End Surface
        End Map
        If you go and do it vice-versa (from UT3 T3D to UT4), it would be the same way I did with the port of UT3 maps to UDK.

If you copy a terrain in UT3, you actually see the terrain height (data etc.) being copied as well. If you modify this T3D to fullfill the needs to UDK/UE4/UT4, I think you can copy-manipulate-paste Terrain from UT3 into UT4 as Landscape as well. Maybe someone already made a converted for UDK.

From what i saw it's possible to manually export staticmeshes to .psk format with umodel, import with blender then export to .fbx format.
        But process is quite long doing so one by one.
        I'm trying to find out a way to automate conversion of staticmeshes.
        I wrote and used batch exporter (calling umodel with specific commands) to export the content from packages. Gildor also created a batch converter for 3dsmax which would allow converting a direction recursively. Since Umodel is now open source, you can actually check how he manage to retrieve the mesh data. That would help you extract SM from packages.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
          xtremexp can you provide:
          • the most up to date UT3 converter tool that you have please. There is no link in this thread (or i cannot find it) and its a ut3 forum not ut4
          Here: https://ut.rushbase.net/xtremexp/too...ToUT3Converter
          Note that UT3 Converter is no longer updated, i may only fix lightning color issue
          which is ever fixed in UT4 converter.
          About ut3 forum yeah i know, as i said in some earlier post, i'll prob create topic on ut4 forum once
          next version is released.

• A link that includes a working converter for all unreal games including 2003 -to- ut3.. would be great
          UT3 does the job except for UT2003 because did not had the game in the past. However as UT2003 is some "light" version
          of UT2004, try in the settings set the UT2003 folder for UT2004 and use the UT2004 to UT3 conversion in menu, i think it should work.
          I may add some extra entry in menu and settings to support ut2003 but there won't be "intensive" tests for that.

• Also the most up to date UT4 converter tool please. I have both roughinery and arcane temple remade in UT3 i would like to convert to UT4 (and 50+ other old unreal maps in UT3 waiting to be converted)
          For the moment i won't release next version until i think it's enough stable and i have the core "features" i expect to be included
          compared with previous one. At this stage texture conversion not yet finished and need add some extra settings for conversion.
          But you can still always run the very latest version (development version) following the instructions here:
          https://github.com/xtremexp/UT4Converter
          under section "How to build and run latest version ?".
          Note that dev. version maybe buggy and unstable so there is no support for it.

- UT4 will need the models rescaled anyway
          It should not be that much a problem using the "DrawScale3d" property

StaticMeshes in levels are just StaticMeshActors. Once you have the asset imported (not sure if there is a bulk/batch import for UE4) in its proper path, you can just copy the manipulated T3D.
          First of all ty for your support !
          //
          Somehow yes, there is the "Import" entry in main menu that can import .t3d level file.
          But UE4 does not support .psk staticmeshes for import only .obj and .fbx

If you want to past this into UT3, you have to adjust the following:
          - Rename RelativeLocation to Location
          - Adjust paths
          - Remove unnecessary blocks
          I noticed about these "little syntax" changes with the new t3d format,
          paths and location thingy ever done in the software.

If you go and do it vice-versa (from UT3 T3D to UT4), it would be the same way I did with the port of UT3 maps to UDK.
          Indeed, the way UT4 converter is designed means i might be able in some future maybe to backports some UT4 maps.

If you copy a terrain in UT3, you actually see the terrain height (data etc.) being copied as well. If you modify this T3D to fullfill the needs to UDK/UE4/UT4, I think you can copy-manipulate-paste Terrain from UT3 into UT4 as Landscape as well. Maybe someone already made a converted for UDK.
          There is some import thingy in UE4 to import heightmap texture. I guess it should work but if i can automate the most things as i can for user, that's better.
          Trying to make maps playable just after import, without doing anything. (but still there are things to edit)

I wrote and used batch exporter (calling umodel with specific commands) to export the content from packages. Gildor also created a batch converter for 3dsmax which would allow converting a direction recursively. Since Umodel is now open source, you can actually check how he manage to retrieve the mesh data. That would help you extract SM from packages.
          [/QUOTE]
          Seems good idea unfortunately i'm not a "Jedi" in c/c++ programming so quite hard for me.
          Maybe later i'll do my own 'package extractor' but in a very very long time

Comment

awesome!!!xtremexp you are the best!!wait new version!! Works well with Deus ex

Comment

Don't forget, all the original textures are available in huge resolutions, so your conversions can still use "original" textures but look fantastic.http://www.uttexture.com

Comment

Ty ! Well i'm currently working on terrain conversion, there is some good progress so far about it, i'm not so close to get heightmap correctly rendered
                (for ut2003/ut2004 for the moment, ut3 will come a bit later).
                Would there be a way to port the terrain maps from UT3 to UT2k4?I looked into that ages but the height maps used for UT3 are in a format that UT2k4 doesn't support and afaik there isn't a way to convert either?

Comment

Working...
                X