Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Okay I pick a map to Convert but does nothing.

    Comment


      Originally posted by hunterman View Post
      Okay I pick a map to Convert but does nothing.
      which map is it? Need some screenshot of UT4 Converter after conversion as well.
      Did u convert from .unr file or .t3d file?

      Comment


        Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
        which map is it? Need some screenshot of UT4 Converter after conversion as well.
        Did u convert from .unr file or .t3d file?
        No it was the UT3Converter

        Comment


          So uh, are you gonna fix the UT3Converter and its inability to convert maps?

          Comment


            Originally posted by hunterman View Post
            So uh, are you gonna fix the UT3Converter and its inability to convert maps?
            maybe i'll have a look when i'll have some time. If you could provide more info about which map you were trying to convert (+OS info) and some screens it would help.

            Comment


              Just trying to convert UT99 maps to ut2004 on my Win 8.1 and it says nothing except that it says its converting but no progress is made.

              Comment


                I'm psyched that you're working on a UT4 converter. I know there's other ways to do it but I'll be looking forward to your UT3 to UT4 converter .

                Comment


                  Originally posted by hunterman View Post
                  Just trying to convert UT99 maps to ut2004 on my Win 8.1 and it says nothing except that it says its converting but no progress is made.
                  Which version u running of program? I did a try and it worked good.

                  Btw,
                  some news about the converter.
                  I have activated/added support for all other ut games (unreal 2, ut2003/ut2004 and ut3).
                  Conversion of staticmeshes and terrain not done yet but i'm working on it.
                  Since 80% of things are staticmeshes and/or terrain ut3 conversion is quite **** for the moment. (and for some ut2003/ut2004 "outdoor" maps)
                  New version not yet released since there are still many things to do but here are some screenshots:

                  DM-ArcaneTemple (UT99):
                  HD Pic: DM-ArcaneTemple-UT99 (UT4 Converter v0.4-DEV)
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DM-ArcaneTemple-UT99-HD-UT4Conv0.4-Dev.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	3251020

                  DM-1on1-Roughinery (UT2004)
                  HD pic: DM-1on1-Roughinery-UT2004 (UT4 Converter v0.4-DEV)
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Roughinery-UT2004toUT4-UT4Cv-0.4Dev.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	3251018

                  DM-1on1-Serpentine (UT2004)
                  HD pic: DM-1on1-Serpentine-UT2004 (UT4 Converter 0.4Dev)
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DM-1on1-Serpentine-UT4Conv-0.4Dev.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	3251019

                  Comment


                    Wow you are doing excellent work with this! I can't wait for static meshes and terrain conversion if you can manage to do that.

                    Comment


                      Keep up the good work on this! Are you on the new UT forums anywhere with this? If not, the UT4 converter is definitely worth a dedicated thread in the level design forum.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
                        Wow you are doing excellent work with this! I can't wait for static meshes and terrain conversion if you can manage to do that.
                        Ty ! Well i'm currently working on terrain conversion, there is some good progress so far about it, i'm not so close to get heightmap correctly rendered
                        (for ut2003/ut2004 for the moment, ut3 will come a bit later).
                        As for staticmeshes, for ut2003/ut2004, i can use the "ucc batchexport staticmesh t3d" command to export staticmesh to some
                        "Epic games" format but i'm stuck afterwards with .fbx conversion (on import it's messy/ triangles messed up)

                        As for ut3 i did not find a way yet to convert staticmeshes since there is no command to export them with "ut3.com batchexport ...." thingy :/
                        There is umodel (http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel) that can extract them but not in readable format for unreal engine 4 on import i think.
                        So for ut3, staticmesh conversion might take much more time.
                        Hoping to get sm conversion done, can't wait to be able to convert some great maps such as VCTF-Suspense

                        Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                        Keep up the good work on this! Are you on the new UT forums anywhere with this? If not, the UT4 converter is definitely worth a dedicated thread in the level design forum.
                        Ty ! Yep i'm on ut forums but did not create yet a specific thread until a more "advanced" version is released.
                        I'm thinking about releasing 0.4 version before staticmesh and terrain conversion is done unless i suceed doing staticmesh conversion
                        and terrain very soon.

                        Comment


                          Just call it an Alpha version then all will be forgiven for bugs or missing features.

                          Have you thought about making a github for it and making it open source? You would probably get some great help that way. Maybe even some Epic help.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                            As for ut3 i did not find a way yet to convert staticmeshes since there is no command to export them with "ut3.com batchexport ...." thingy :/
                            There is umodel (http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel) that can extract them but not in readable format for unreal engine 4 on import i think.
                            So for ut3, staticmesh conversion might take much more time.
                            As long as the packages is uncooked (and probably has referenced source asset), you can export stuff like this. However, UT3 doesn't have any exported shipped (sadly). If you suport UT3, you get support for UDK...

                            Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                            Hoping to get sm conversion done, can't wait to be able to convert some great maps such as VCTF-Suspense
                            Suspense has some missing assets. So it isn't complete. But...





                            All straight ports. No lightmass build. No assets tweaked. No lightning removed (since UDK doesn't need that much Lights as UT3). Pure copy-pase. If ligtmass is added and 1-4 additional "direction lights" were added, all of these might look as good as VCTF-Necropolis in UDK.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
                              Just call it an Alpha version then all will be forgiven for bugs or missing features. .
                              Need to add some texture conversion lib and add more options for conversion (besides the only one "scale factor"), and i think i could try release next version.

                              Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
                              Have you thought about making a github for it and making it open source? You would probably get some great help that way. Maybe even some Epic help.
                              Well there is ever one github i opened about one month ago, it's here: https://github.com/xtremexp/UT4Converter

                              Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                              As long as the packages is uncooked (and probably has referenced source asset), you can export stuff like this. However, UT3 doesn't have any exported shipped (sadly). If you suport UT3, you get support for UDK...

                              Suspense has some missing assets. So it isn't complete. But...

                              All straight ports. No lightmass build. No assets tweaked. No lightning removed (since UDK doesn't need that much Lights as UT3). Pure copy-pase.
                              If ligtmass is added and 1-4 additional "direction lights" were added, all of these might look as good as VCTF-Necropolis in UDK.
                              What did you do for this? You copied/pasted package files from ut3 to udk then the level (in editor) ?
                              I'm not so much amazed it works under udk because is some kind of unreal engine 3 "updated" version i guess (?)
                              But UT4 running Unreal Engine 4 and the "packaging" is really different so copy/paste would not work.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                                What did you do for this? You copied/pasted package files from ut3 to udk then the level (in editor) ?
                                I'm not so much amazed it works under udk because is some kind of unreal engine 3 "updated" version i guess (?)
                                But UT4 running Unreal Engine 4 and the "packaging" is really different so copy/paste would not work.
                                Nope. It was a full conversion from scratch with every asset being imported from 3D meshes (exported ones from umodel). That version I used had problems with opening cooked packages (with meshes, particles, etc.). Only some small portion is opened and duplicated into a proper packages (to have a UDK uniform package).

                                The maps can actually be copy-pasted from UDK (T3D), converted to a UE4 conform T3D format (referencing the assets properly), scale the units and paste it into a new level. Some actors need to be removed obviously (which don't exist yet). Some names should also be renamed. I had to do the same with T3D from UT3 to UDK with a tool I created (parsing old format and rewrite it to a new file).

                                These were the maps for a (sadly... private) project back in the days:
                                https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...1#post31812563

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X