Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello xtremexp, thx a lot for that awesome stuff and a lot of hours of coding....

My questioning - is it possible to transfer UT3 Sprite Effects, to UT2004 Sprites(Downgrade) - and if it so, how hard is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakoozie View Post
      Hey,
      You will add Unreal Engine 4?
      Thanks!
      This please.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal4Eva View Post
        It's a great tool to have, look what it done for me after converting an UT99 map to UT2004 in this thread http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post31783951
        nice one map im currently doing November CTF and a few otheirs,

also ur map is one of them for UT3 lol u beat me too it for ut2003

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
        Thank you

Hi speedy,
        ty for support! Sorry for late reply. Unfortunately i'm bit busy with some other stuff (and life),
        so development of UT3 Converter is kinda "paused".
        There are some little fixes that had been done quite some long time ago but never released.
        I may consider release new version soon just for fixes.
        But i may consider try adding support for UT2003 as well, this should not be so difficult as it's close to UT2004.
        My main problem is that i dunno where i have my UT2003 CD install. I did not play UT2003 for long time since UT2004 came out quite quickly after.
        Well i'll give u info about that if i do some work about it! (can't promise yet that i'll do)
        letsdhope u do mate i know ur program was update a year and a half ago but still do the udpates would be great to see the full program up and running smooth

Comment

Thank you

Hi speedy,
          ty for support! Sorry for late reply. Unfortunately i'm bit busy with some other stuff (and life),
          so development of UT3 Converter is kinda "paused".
          There are some little fixes that had been done quite some long time ago but never released.
          I may consider release new version soon just for fixes.
          But i may consider try adding support for UT2003 as well, this should not be so difficult as it's close to UT2004.
          My main problem is that i dunno where i have my UT2003 CD install. I did not play UT2003 for long time since UT2004 came out quite quickly after.
          Well i'll give u info about that if i do some work about it! (can't promise yet that i'll do)

Well unfortunately i don't have lineage2 game and there is no planned work to make it compatible with it.
          To which game you wanted to convert it?
          well actually plan to edit maps in current game, lineage2.

Comment

Is it possible to get UT2003 to work with the converter?
            - i read post #659 by xtremexp, i was hoping someone has made it compatible....

Also, what is missing from the Converter to get UT2003 to work?.

Comment

Hello folks!
              I'm working on UT99 to UT4 converter.
              Some work has been done so far like converting brushes, lightning and most of pickups.
              (but textures, sounds and music not yet converted prob in some future version)

You can download UT4 Converter here:
              UT4 Converter v0.1.0

Enjoy !

Future versions may focus on Unreal 1 support and/or add sounds/texture conversion.

Note:
              about UT3 Converter, developpement is halted and i'm more focused on UT4 Converter. (i may re-use some code of UT3 Converter to save time for the new converter)

Comment

Great! Thanks! I hope it's possible to convert from UT3 to UT4 in near future too.

Comment

Hello folks!
                  I'm working on UT99 to UT4 converter.
                  Some work has been done so far like converting brushes, lightning and most of pickups.
                  (but textures, sounds and music not yet converted prob in some future version)

You can download UT4 Converter here:
                  UT4 Converter v0.1.0

Enjoy !

Future versions may focus on Unreal 1 support and/or add sounds/texture conversion.
                  Note:
                  about UT3 Converter, developpement is halted and i'm more focused on UT4 Converter. (i may re-use some code of UT3 Converter to save time for the new converter)
                  thanks alot mate for this now i have CTF Noember fot UT4 aswell u can import textures sounds ect if u use UT3 converter first and save them, then goto UT4 Editor, import them, then create auto cue for sounds and create textures ect manually

Comment

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                    Great! Thanks! I hope it's possible to convert from UT3 to UT4 in near future too.
                    I'll probably add support for UT3 as well but won't be in a near future.
                    I'm focusing right on UT99 for the moment adding textures and sounds conversion support
                    and check texture alignements good. (prob for 0.2 version)
                    I was thinking about maybe use directly UT4 textures for conversion (optional). For example replace
                    a texture of grass from one in UT4 applying some scale and so on to fit with level.

After that support for Unreal 1 will be probably added (which should not be that long since it's pretty close to UT99).
                    After UT2004 or UT3, we will see! (StaticMesh, Terrain conversion is the hard work)

Originally posted by Atomicfire View Post
                    thanks alot mate for this now i have CTF Noember fot UT4 aswell u can import textures sounds ect if u use UT3 converter first and save them, then goto UT4 Editor, import them, then create auto cue for sounds and create textures ect manually
                    Thanks !
                    I also wanted to convert Nomvember because it's really good map. Nice to see you are converting it !
                    Good trick indeed about importing textures and sounds throught UT3 converter but i guess you prob manually have to set the sounds for all AmbientSound actors and
                    set good material for each polygon of each brush.

Comment

Thanks !
                      I also wanted to convert Nomvember because it's really good map. Nice to see you are converting it !
                      Good trick indeed about importing textures and sounds throught UT3 converter but i guess you prob manually have to set the sounds for all AmbientSound actors and
                      set good material for each polygon of each brush.
                      ive used is the new converter to convert the t3d file and im creating all brushs and placing items on the map as new as u mention and here the link to the topic \ progress

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...870#post158870

EDIT
                      jsut a thoguht i think it would be easy to create new items on the map as fresh becuase the converter places notes and adds a link to the notes saying for example "Need convert: LiftExit" but use the UT4 liftExit not the import one, but will let you know how Ive done it once ive done with the textures

EDIT 2
                      before i forgot to ask which way would u do the textures ive set them as normal thats it do u recommend another options to add ?

Comment

Originally posted by Atomicfire View Post
                        ive used is the new converter to convert the t3d file and im creating all brushs and placing items on the map as new as u mention and here the link to the topic \ progress

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...870#post158870

EDIT
                        jsut a thoguht i think it would be easy to create new items on the map as fresh becuase the converter places notes and adds a link to the notes saying for example "Need convert: LiftExit" but use the UT4 liftExit not the import one, but will let you know how Ive done it once ive done with the textures

EDIT 2
                        before i forgot to ask which way would u do the textures ive set them as normal thats it do u recommend another options to add ?
                        About "Edit 1", mover conversion is partial which means it does convert the brush only (which you have to convert to StaticMesh in editor)
                        but "moving" info not yet (duration of movement, location, ...) so lift exit is not converted yet.

About "Edit 2":
                        i don't think i understand the question. Some good idea is to first try to use UT4 textures that are very close to UT99 ones in map.

Last note:
                        Saw your UT4 thread.Just note that UT4 does not have "PathNode" actors as previous UTs did. You have to create some "Navigation" volume (don't remember exact name) around the map and after build, the navigation map for bots will be automatically built

Comment

About "Edit 1", mover conversion is partial which means it does convert the brush only (which you have to convert to StaticMesh in editor)
                          but "moving" info not yet (duration of movement, location, ...) so lift exit is not converted yet.

About "Edit 2":
                          i don't think i understand the question. Some good idea is to first try to use UT4 textures that are very close to UT99 ones in map.

Last note:
                          Saw your UT4 thread.Just note that UT4 does not have "PathNode" actors as previous UTs did. You have to create some "Navigation" volume (don't remember exact name) around the map and after build, the navigation map for bots will be automatically built
                          thanks for the feed back mate, for EDIT 2 on my post i forgot to delete it cos i got all textures made and sound auto cued now
                          To let u know for Sounds to played with a Loop jsut add a Looping Funtion in the middle of the default boxes and link them together and click save, for bots jsut check this topic out and will try this sortly https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...me-sample.html or this one https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Create...t_in_Blueprint

Comment

New version 0.2.0:

- 0.2.0 - 18/04/2015:
                            * [UI] Added conversion log display
                            * [UT99->UT4] Fixed conversion crash with some maps with incorrect name prefix
                            * [UT99->UT4] Added support for UT99 Binary maps (.unr) as input file
                            * [UT99->UT4] Improved mover conversion (moving good now)
                            * [UT99->UT4] Added LavaZone, SlimeZone, WaterZone conversion
                            * [UT99->UT4] Added missing weapons conversion for
                            "FlakCannon", "AutoMag", "Enforcer","doubleenforcer",
                            "ImpactHammer", "ASMD", "Rifle", "Minigun", "SuperShockRifle" (instagib)
                            * [UT99->UT4] Added teleporter conversion
                            * [UT99->UT4] Added conversion for powerup "invisibility", "ut_invisibility",
                            "ut_stealth", "nalifruit" (replaced with normal health),
                            "bandages" (replaced with healthvial), "PowerBelt"
                            * [UT99->UT4] Added conversion for ammo "Sludge", "EClip", "FlakShellAmmo", "ASMDAmmo",
                            "RifleAmmo", "RifleRound", "RifleShell", "Minigun", "SuperShockRifle" (instagib)
                            * [UT99->UT4] Removed unecessary auto-created notes for unconverted actor
                            for PathNodes, InventorySpot, TranslocDest

Comment

New version 0.2.0:

- 0.2.0 - 18/04/2015:
                              * [UI] Added conversion log display
                              * [UT99->UT4] Fixed conversion crash with some maps with incorrect name prefix
                              * [UT99->UT4] Added support for UT99 Binary maps (.unr) as input file
                              * [UT99->UT4] Improved mover conversion (moving good now)
                              * [UT99->UT4] Added LavaZone, SlimeZone, WaterZone conversion
                              * [UT99->UT4] Added missing weapons conversion for
                              "FlakCannon", "AutoMag", "Enforcer","doubleenforcer",
                              "ImpactHammer", "ASMD", "Rifle", "Minigun", "SuperShockRifle" (instagib)
                              * [UT99->UT4] Added teleporter conversion
                              * [UT99->UT4] Added conversion for powerup "invisibility", "ut_invisibility",
                              "ut_stealth", "nalifruit" (replaced with normal health),
                              "bandages" (replaced with healthvial), "PowerBelt"
                              * [UT99->UT4] Added conversion for ammo "Sludge", "EClip", "FlakShellAmmo", "ASMDAmmo",
                              "RifleAmmo", "RifleRound", "RifleShell", "Minigun", "SuperShockRifle" (instagib)
                              * [UT99->UT4] Removed unecessary auto-created notes for unconverted actor
                              for PathNodes, InventorySpot, TranslocDest
                              Apr 25, 2015 10:37:22 AM ut3converter2.ihm.map.IHMMapConverter$11 run
                              SEVERE: null
                              java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Avery\Documents\UT4-Converter-0.2.1\conf\UT2k4ToUT3-Default.umc (The system cannot find the path specified)
                              at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
                              at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
                              at java.io.FileReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
                              at ut3converter2.tools.umc.UMCReader.load(UMCReader.j ava:264)
                              at ut3converter2.tools.umc.UMCReader.<init>(UMCReader .java:62)
                              at ut3converter2.convert.UT2k4ToUT3Conv.prepareTasks( UT2k4ToUT3Conv.java:220)
                              at ut3converter2.convert.UT2k4ToUT3Conv.convert(UT2k4 ToUT3Conv.java:52)
                              at ut3converter2.ihm.map.IHMMapConverter$11.run(IHMMa pConverter.java:427)
                              at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
                              at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                              at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPri vilege(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

So your missing Sox.exe as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterman View Post
                                Apr 25, 2015 10:37:22 AM ut3converter2.ihm.map.IHMMapConverter$11 run
                                SEVERE: null
                                java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Avery\Documents\UT4-Converter-0.2.1\conf\UT2k4ToUT3-Default.umc (The system cannot find the path specified)
                                at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
                                at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
                                at java.io.FileReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
                                at ut3converter2.tools.umc.UMCReader.load(UMCReader.j ava:264)
                                at ut3converter2.tools.umc.UMCReader.<init>(UMCReader .java:62)
                                at ut3converter2.convert.UT2k4ToUT3Conv.prepareTasks( UT2k4ToUT3Conv.java:220)
                                at ut3converter2.convert.UT2k4ToUT3Conv.convert(UT2k4 ToUT3Conv.java:52)
                                at ut3converter2.ihm.map.IHMMapConverter$11.run(IHMMa pConverter.java:427).
                                From the logs as i see,
                                it seems that you have tried to launch UT3Converter binaries within UT4 program folder.
                                UT3 and UT4 converter must be in separate folders.
                                UT3 Converter is for converting maps to UT3. Correct file to launch is UT3Converter2.jar (or runUR3Converter.bat)
                                UT4 Converter is for converting maps to UT4. Correct file to launch is UT4-Converter-0.2.1.jar (or RunUT4Converter.bat)

Comment

Working...
                                X