Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VendorX View Post
    Tip: Use UCC dxtconvert ..\Textures\343T.utx to convert DXT5 to RGBA and you will be able to export to .tga. For DXT3 no chance... I have my own method how to recover alpha channel from DXT3, but this take some time...

BTW. I have plugin, which allow me to import .t3d file format in to Blender.
    ...Milkshape - you want most recent full version?
    Thanks.I don't need dxt3 texs unless it is already compressed when I use uptp to extract the texture.I just realised that I could use blender v2.57 with the .psk import plug-in and .ase export plug-in I could convert ut3 .psk files into .ase UT2k4 format.Will the .t3d import plug-in work in blender v2.57b?I only have the trial version of milkshape 3D v1.71(i think).Might be getting a licence for it....

Comment

With UTPT you can't export textures to .tga...

I need update Blender plugin since last compatible version was 2.56. As for MilkShape i can give you ms3d185beta2 with license.

Comment

Originally posted by VendorX View Post
        With UTPT you can't export textures to .tga...
        You can export texture to .tga with UTPT.

Comment

Download Milkshape...

Comment

Hi I am unable to completely convert the map in UT3 Converter 2 is someone willing to map and convert the converted files upload to a server?

Comment

Hey, Someone can reupload please?

Comment

UT3-Converter2-025c.zip (15.3MB) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/x2...rter2-025c.zip

Comment

please help convert deus ex map to ut2004

D:\DeusEx
                  дек 18, 2013 8:10:42 PM ut3converter2.ihm.map.IHMMapConverter$12 run
                  SEVERE: null
                  java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Neresar\Downloads\UT3Converter2-025c\conf\UT2004-Default.umc (Не удается найти указанный файл)
                  at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
                  at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
                  at java.io.FileReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
                  at ut3converter2.tools.umc.UMCReader.load(UMCReader.j ava:264)
                  at ut3converter2.tools.umc.UMCReader.<init>(UMCReader .java:62)
                  at ut3converter2.convert.DeusExToUT2k4Conv.prepareUT9 9Tasks(DeusExToUT2k4Conv.java:237)
                  at ut3converter2.convert.DeusExToUT2k4Conv.convert(De usExToUT2k4Conv.java:72)
                  at ut3converter2.ihm.map.IHMMapConverter$12.run(IHMMa pConverter.java:446)
                  at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
                  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                  at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPri vilege(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Comment

Originally posted by Neresar View Post
                    please help convert deus ex map to ut2004

D:\DeusEx
                    дек 18, 2013 8:10:42 PM ut3converter2.ihm.map.IHMMapConverter$12 run
                    SEVERE: null
                    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Neresar\Downloads\UT3Converter2-025c\conf\UT2004-Default.umc (Не удается найти указанный файл)
                    )
                    rename UT2004-Default.umc to UT2004-CoopDeuxEx.umc should be working i hope

Comment

Hey xtreme, good to see you still around.

Comment

eyy hello, first of all I wanna say thanks for this great app, now my question is i'm a developer of lineage2 game, the map used is with extention .UNR, now my question is why in log told me you the file is converted and when I go to folder to see that nothing there? is possible get a help to extract maps to T3D? ok thanks for attention and hope you can give me a hand with that, here is the shoot I do.

Comment

It's a great tool to have, look what it done for me after converting an UT99 map to UT2004 in this thread http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post31783951

Comment

Updates and also support for UT2003 to UT3

Whats up just wanted to ask when an update for UT3 Converter v0.25c is coming out it has been awhile.
                            and also have support for UT2003 to UT3 would be nice. Great utility for all UT FANS. Keep UP the GOOD Work
                            I tried my 2k3 map could not get it to work. Please make it from the menu to select it like the rest.\

Thanks,

speedy69x2

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                            1. Name: UT3 Converter (Author: Me (a.k.a Solarsys))
                            2. Version: 0.25c-01/22/2012
                            3. Requirements: Java 1.6+UTx game
                            4. Description: Helps converting U1/UT/UT2004 maps.
                            • U1->UT2004
                            • U1->UT3
                            • U2->UT3 (experimental)
                            • UT->UT2004
                            • UT->UT3
                            • UT2004->UT3

5. Screenshots:
                            • SpireVillage (U1->UT2004-0.24)
                            • DM-Peak (UT->UT2004-0.23)
                            • CTF-EternalCave (UT->UT3-0.23)
                            • Dm-Phobos (UT->UT3-0.23)
                            • WAR-Dria (UT2004->UT3-0.23)

See conversion here. (YouTube)
                            • MM-Sulferon-Assault (Unreal 2->UT3-0.25)

6. Tools/Librairies used:

Tools:

Librairies:

7. Download:
                            UT3-Converter2-025c.zip (15.3MB)
                            UT3-Converter2-025a.zip (15.3MB)
                            8 Installation:
                            • Decompress zip file to wherever you want keeping folder structure.

9. Execution:
                            • Double click on UT3Converter2.jar or the .bat file

If the program not launching, install java @ www.java.com

***VIDEOS ***
                            Notes:
                            UT/U1->UT2004/UT3:
                            Install latest Unreal 1 patch from www.oldunreal.com
                            If the original map is using some custom texture package use the "Add Custom Packages" button to select the custom UTX files that are used in your map.
                            E.G: CTF-Bedrooms][ in UT99 is using custom package Bedrooms.utx so you will have to add it so the converter can correctly identify and convert textures.

Code:
                            *** KNOWN BUGS/LIMITATIONS ***
                            -UT2004->UT3 - Some staticmeshes can't be converted. ("ucc batchexport mypackage.usx StaticMesh t3d" cmd bug)
                            -It will not convert custom scripts/actors
                            -Can't convert maps using UTF16-LE or UTF16-BE t3d file encoding. Check that mapname doesn't have exotic chars such as {%^,.. but only alphanumeric values (a->z,0->9) then save your map.
                            V0.25c - 01/22/2012
                            Added message if not unreal game install paths not found in settings
                            Some fixes (i don't remember them)

V0.25a - 09/23/2010
                            [UT2004/U2->UT3]-Skips terrain conversion if invalid terrain heightmap data texture
                            (so at least will get all other stuff converted)

V0.25
                            [UT2004/U2->UT3]-Fixed terrain conversion not working when texture package both used in terrain and brushes/staticmeshes
                            causing UT3 Unreal Editor converted map import failure
                            [UT2004/U2->UT3]-Fixed terrain conversion failure when no heighmap data
                            [UT2004/U2->UT3]-Fixed multiple terrain import not working (due to same terrain name)
                            [U2->UT3]-Fixed no sound while importing t3d level into UT3 editor
                            [U2->UT3]-Removed PhysicsVolume conversion that caused t3d import failure
                            [U2->UT3]-Fixed no staticmeshes set to InterpActors (movers)
                            [All]-Fixed brushes with no csgOper value set causing import fail.
                            [All]-No longer analyze twice some packages for texture replacements.
                            [U2->UT3]-Added SunLight conversion
                            [UT2004/U2->UT3]- Replaced DirectionalLight -> SkyLight for Sunlight
                            [UT2004->UT3]-Added newWeaponBase conversion support

History:
                            see history.txt file ... so many changes

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                              Hey xtreme, good to see you still around.
                              Thank you

Originally posted by speedy69x2 View Post
                              Whats up just wanted to ask when an update for UT3 Converter v0.25c is coming out it has been awhile.
                              and also have support for UT2003 to UT3 would be nice. Great utility for all UT FANS. Keep UP the GOOD Work
                              I tried my 2k3 map could not get it to work. Please make it from the menu to select it like the rest.\

Thanks,

speedy69x2
                              Hi speedy,
                              ty for support! Sorry for late reply. Unfortunately i'm bit busy with some other stuff (and life),
                              so development of UT3 Converter is kinda "paused".
                              There are some little fixes that had been done quite some long time ago but never released.
                              I may consider release new version soon just for fixes.
                              But i may consider try adding support for UT2003 as well, this should not be so difficult as it's close to UT2004.
                              My main problem is that i dunno where i have my UT2003 CD install. I did not play UT2003 for long time since UT2004 came out quite quickly after.
                              Well i'll give u info about that if i do some work about it! (can't promise yet that i'll do)

Originally posted by CriticalError View Post
                              eyy hello, first of all I wanna say thanks for this great app, now my question is i'm a developer of lineage2 game, the map used is with extention .UNR, now my question is why in log told me you the file is converted and when I go to folder to see that nothing there? is possible get a help to extract maps to T3D? ok thanks for attention and hope you can give me a hand with that, here is the shoot I do.

Well unfortunately i don't have lineage2 game and there is no planned work to make it compatible with it.
                              To which game you wanted to convert it?

Comment

Hey,
                                You will add Unreal Engine 4?
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X