Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 100GPing100 View Post
    well, one thing to say. when I converte DM-Azure2k6 to UT3, i follow all the steps it gives me and everything goes right, but when I need to import the t3d file, it syas that I need to import the file named Azure2k6UT3.t3d, but after importing and buil all, I only get a piece of terrain withouth high and a big subtracted cube around. if I import the mylevel.t3d file, when it finishes importing, and after a lot of errors, the editor crashes. could you help me? thanks
    hi, the right t3d file is "Azure2k6UT3.t3d", the "myLevel.t3d" file is the original T3D file (unconverted). I'll give a quick try @ this map to c what's wrong.

Update:
    it seems that /System/UCC.exe couldn't export the heightmap data image of the terrain resulting in partial conversion of t3d file.
    UT3 converter uses UCC.exe to export terrain data. Sometimes UCC have troubles exporting all textures from UT packages so map conversion fails.
    I'll give u the complete t3d converted file but without terrain info.

Update 2:
    Try with this t3d file after map conversion (let save package = "Azurekv"):
    Azure2k6_v2UT3.t3d (zip)

Comment

thanks. So i'll have to do the terrain, right? I am not with my PC, so I can't check it out yet, when I get home i'll do that. is there a way to export the terrain heightmap manually? thx and great job with this man. also if you haven't done it already you should change the umodel.exe to the new version, this if you haven't already.

Comment

so I tried it out, and it is pretty fine, now I only need the heightmap.

Comment

well, I exported the heightmap from UT2004, the I imported it into UT3, but the terrain doesn't fit in the rest of the map, and I would need to do the layers again. Do you have any sujestion, or a way to export the terrain from UT2004, that would export the terrain to a t3d file and that would export the layers textures, and then I would have to import it all and do some steps to get it right? thanks

Comment

Thank xtremexp for the update, i begin work on Sulferon.
            (j'aurais aimé que tu m'informe de la mise à jour par un message, mais ce n'est pas l'essentiel)

You can see my work on as-mothership for ut3 here, using your tool.

EDIT: "UT3Converter2-025a.zip" corrupted?

Comment

I didn't had a problem downloading it...if you're using a Download Manager, don't use it for this download, it may be corrupting the file, like my donwload manager has been corrupting all the files I download

Comment

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
                Thank xtremexp for the update, i begin work on Sulferon.
                (j'aurais aimé que tu m'informe de la mise à jour par un message, mais ce n'est pas l'essentiel)

You can see my work on as-mothership for ut3 here, using your tool.

EDIT: "UT3Converter2-025a.zip" corrupted?
                Yes it seems it was corrupted (partial upload)). It should be OK now.

Comment

Thx again for supporting this awesome tool Xtremexp .. <many thanks on behalf of the entire UT3 / GOW community>

Lets be sure we get that scaling deal implemented on the next release if we can.

Comment

I don't know if anyone has run into this but I had a texture import failure because of an illegal character. The only thing I saw in the texture name was an underscore "_"

Is that a problem? Is that something that can be handled?

Thanks.

Comment

When I try converting maps nothing saves apart from a few textures and the t3d file. No sounds no meshes nuthin. Really weird
                      Was converting 2004 to ut3 on Win 7

Comment

Originally posted by bastardbrain View Post
                        When I try converting maps nothing saves apart from a few textures and the t3d file. No sounds no meshes nuthin. Really weird
                        Was converting 2004 to ut3 on Win 7
                        yup im having the same problem as your having m8
                        I think this program works best in XP ive had no problems with it under that untill itryed it in win7 64bit

Also cjeck the log out i dont see any errors

* * * * * * * * * * C.O.N.V.E.R.S.I.O.N. I.N.F.O. * * * * * * * * * *
                        Input Map: CTF-Downunder.unr
                        Input Game: Unreal Tournament
                        Output Game: Unreal Tournament 3
                        Output T3D File: DownunderUT3.t3d
                        * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*** Export of Unreal map to T3D Level File ***
                        CTF-Downunder.unr->myLevel.t3d.. done!

*** Extracting Unreal Class (.uc) files ****
                        1/1-CTF-Downunder.unr ... Done!

*** Identifications of sounds used ... done!

*** Export of wave files from sounds packages ***

*** Identification of textures used ***
                        1/1-myLevel.t3d (T3D Level)... done!

**** Analysis of possible Textures replacements ******
                        1/15-GenFX.utx
                        2/15-GreatFire.utx
                        3/15-city.utx
                        4/15-GenIn.utx
                        5/15-ShaneSky.utx
                        6/15-Starship.utx
                        7/15-ShaneChurch.utx
                        8/15-Mine.utx
                        9/15-Xtortion.utx
                        10/15-Egypt.utx
                        11/15-GenEarth.utx
                        12/15-eol.utx
                        13/15-GenFluid.utx
                        14/15-DecayedS.utx
                        15/15-ShaneDay.utx
                        ... Done!

*** Textures replacements: ***
                        0 special textures will be replaced.

*** Exporting textures from UT Packages ***
                        1/17-Mine.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        2/17-ShaneSky.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        3/17-Xtortion.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        4/17-GenEarth.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        5/17-Starship.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        6/17-eol.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        7/17-GenFluid.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        8/17-DecayedS.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        9/17-GreatFire.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        10/17-Egypt.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        11/17-GenIn.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        12/17-ShaneChurch.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        13/17-ShaneDay.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        14/17-city.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        15/17-GenFX.utx -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        16/17-CTF-Downunder.unr -> \UT-Textures [bmp,](ExtractTextures Mode) ... Done!
                        17/17-CTF-Downunder.unr -> \UT-Terrain [bmp,tga,](UCC Mode) ... Done!

*** Transforming permanently T3D Level brushes ***
                        Scale factor: 1.0
                        myLevel.t3d->T3DLvlTransformed.t3d ... done!

*** Converting UT99/2k4 UV texture data to UT3 ... done! ***

*** Conversion of textures ***
                        1/38-ancpurp.bmp->ancpurp.psd ... done!
                        2/38-anctoast.bmp->anctoast.psd ... done!
                        3/38-AW_Gypt1.bmp->AW_Gypt1.psd ... done!
                        4/38-cloud1.bmp->cloud1.psd ... done!
                        5/38-Dbottm.bmp->Dbottm.psd ... done!
                        6/38-Dedoor1.bmp->Dedoor1.psd ... done!
                        7/38-Demwin6.bmp->Demwin6.psd ... done!
                        8/38-dmesh3m.bmp->dmesh3m.psd ... done!
                        9/38-Dterbas1.bmp->Dterbas1.psd ... done!
                        10/38-eb_deco1.bmp->eb_deco1.psd ... done!
                        11/38-eb_deco4.bmp->eb_deco4.psd ... done!
                        12/38-eb_floor1.bmp->eb_floor1.psd ... done!
                        13/38-eb_wall1a.bmp->eb_wall1a.psd ... done!
                        14/38-eb_wall1b.bmp->eb_wall1b.psd ... done!
                        15/38-EMarble4.bmp->EMarble4.psd ... done!
                        16/38-flare2.bmp->flare2.psd ... done!
                        17/38-flare5.bmp->flare5.psd ... done!
                        18/38-flare6.bmp->flare6.psd ... done!
                        19/38-flare7.bmp->flare7.psd ... done!
                        20/38-FLOOR8A.bmp->FLOOR8A.psd ... done!
                        21/38-gls_g.bmp->gls_g.psd ... done!
                        22/38-Lava3.bmp->Lava3.psd ... done!
                        23/38-LOPANELC.bmp->LOPANELC.psd ... done!
                        24/38-LOPANELD.bmp->LOPANELD.psd ... done!
                        25/38-mFloor.bmp->mFloor.psd ... done!
                        26/38-Msrock3.bmp->Msrock3.psd ... done!
                        27/38-sh_b2.bmp->sh_b2.psd ... done!
                        28/38-sh_en4.bmp->sh_en4.psd ... done!
                        29/38-sh_gr3.bmp->sh_gr3.psd ... done!
                        30/38-SkylineA1.bmp->SkylineA1.psd ... done!
                        31/38-SkylineA2.bmp->SkylineA2.psd ... done!
                        32/38-SkylineAbtm.bmp->SkylineAbtm.psd ... done!
                        33/38-SMoon.bmp->SMoon.psd ... done!
                        34/38-SMoon2.bmp->SMoon2.psd ... done!
                        35/38-STARS.bmp->STARS.psd ... done!
                        36/38-Tile10.bmp->Tile10.psd ... done!
                        37/38-Tile2.bmp->Tile2.psd ... done!
                        38/38-Tile6.bmp->Tile6.psd ... done!

*** Conversion of wave sounds files to 44.1K sample rate ***

*** Converting UT99 movers in T3D Level to InterpActor(UT3 mover) and LightVolume actors ***
                        Default Staticmesh: NodeBuddies.3D_Icons.NodeBuddy__BASE_SHORT
                        T3DLvlUVTexUpdated.t3d->C:\Users\STARTR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\T3DLvlMovers Converted9047771369638199296.t3d ... done!

*** Scaling T3D Level File (1.25X) ... done!

*** Replacing LevelName ("CTF-Downunder->"myLevel") ... done!

*** Updating actors in T3D Level File (UT99ToUT3-Default.umc) ... done!

*** Conversion of UT99 T3D Level to UT3 T3D Level ***

*** Updating texture names (texname->Downunder.texname_Mat) ... done! ***
                        ... done!

*** Deleting files NOT containing "44k" in filename (0.0 Bytes saved) ... done! ***

*** Renaming files in E:\UT3Converter2-025a\ConvertedMaps\Downunder\UT-Sounds... Done!

**** Deleting temporary created files *****
                        1/5-T3DLvlMoversConverted9047771369638199296.t3d ... Done! (1.04 MB deleted)
                        2/5-T3DLvlScaled3297933490221445149.t3d ... Done! (1.07 MB deleted)
                        3/5-T3DLvlNameChanged362497081055080076.t3d ... Done! (1.06 MB deleted)
                        4/5-T3DLvlAmbientSoundsAdd4059486811206005418.t3d ... Done! (1.06 MB deleted)
                        5/5-T3DLvlUMCParsed5466334397389041053.t3d ... Done! (906.19 KB deleted)
                        (0.0 Bytes deleted) ... done! ***

*** Deleting .bmp files in UT-Textures (65.05 KB saved) ... done! ***

Comment

Would really like a solution to this.
                          I`m on Win7 64 also, all that converts are the BSP and lights.
                          No meshes
                          No terrain
                          No sounds
                          Sometimes maybe a few textures

End of my log

Error while parsing data from T3D Level File:
                          -----> C:\Users\Homers\Desktop\ut3 convert\ConvertedMaps\DE\Logs\T3DLvlUMCParsed65005 45552607508847.t3d
                          Line #21344 Original Line String:
                          " AmbientSound=OutdoorAmbience.BThunder.rain3"

*** Updating texture names (texname->DEElecFiel.texname_Mat) ... done! ***
                          ... done!

*** Replacing LevelName ... done!

*** Renaming files in C:\Users\Homers\Desktop\ut3 convert\ConvertedMaps\DE\UT-Textures... Done!

*** Deleting .t3d files in UT-StaticMeshes (0.0 Bytes saved) ... done! ***

*** Renaming files in C:\Users\Homers\Desktop\ut3 convert\ConvertedMaps\DE\UT-StaticMeshes... Done!

*** Deleting files NOT containing "44k" in filename (0.0 Bytes saved) ... done! ***

*** Renaming files in C:\Users\Homers\Desktop\ut3 convert\ConvertedMaps\DE\UT-Sounds... Done!

1/2-T3DLvlUMCParsed6500545552607508847.t3d ... Done! (1.07 MB deleted)
                          2/2-UT3T3DConverted5220523654577672809.t3d ... Done! (1.04 MB deleted)

*** Deleting 8 unused files in C:\Users\Homers\Desktop\ut3 convert\ConvertedMaps\DE\UT-Terrain (0.0 Bytes deleted) ... done! ***

*** Deleting .bmp files in UT-Textures (0.0 Bytes saved) ... done! ***
                          Input Map: CTF-DE-ElecFields.ut2
                          Input Game: Unreal Tournament 2004
                          Output T3D File: DEUT3.t3d

Comment

Originally posted by bastardbrain View Post
                            Would really like a solution to this.
                            I`m on Win7 64 also, all that converts are the BSP and lights.
                            No meshes
                            No terrain
                            No sounds
                            Sometimes maybe a few textures

End of my log

Error while parsing data from T3D Level File:
                            -----> C:\Users\Homers\Desktop\ut3 convert\ConvertedMaps\DE\Logs\T3DLvlUMCParsed65005 45552607508847.t3d
                            Line #21344 Original Line String:
                            " AmbientSound=OutdoorAmbience.BThunder.rain3"

*** Updating texture names (texname->DEElecFiel.texname_Mat) ... done! ***
                            ... done!

*** Replacing LevelName ... done!

*** Renaming files in C:\Users\Homers\Desktop\ut3 convert\ConvertedMaps\DE\UT-Textures... Done!

*** Deleting .t3d files in UT-StaticMeshes (0.0 Bytes saved) ... done! ***

*** Renaming files in C:\Users\Homers\Desktop\ut3 convert\ConvertedMaps\DE\UT-StaticMeshes... Done!

*** Renaming files in C:\Users\Homers\Desktop\ut3 convert\ConvertedMaps\DE\UT-Sounds... Done!

1/2-T3DLvlUMCParsed6500545552607508847.t3d ... Done! (1.07 MB deleted)
                            2/2-UT3T3DConverted5220523654577672809.t3d ... Done! (1.04 MB deleted)

*** Deleting 8 unused files in C:\Users\Homers\Desktop\ut3 convert\ConvertedMaps\DE\UT-Terrain (0.0 Bytes deleted) ... done! ***

*** Deleting .bmp files in UT-Textures (0.0 Bytes saved) ... done! ***
                            Input Map: CTF-DE-ElecFields.ut2
                            Input Game: Unreal Tournament 2004
                            Output T3D File: DEUT3.t3d

ok ive found out that its all depends on the map your converting ive try 3 maps in Ut99 to UT3 1 didnt do much like your self and the otheir 2 converted all of the map completely, so their must be a map scurity lock or a lock of some sort to stop any converting of them maps

any 1 could confirm this would be create thanks

Comment

Don't work for U1 to UT2k4 (can't exoprt Unreal maps to .t3d)
                              Log:
                              Input Map: DmDeathFan.unr
                              Input Game: Unreal 1
                              Output Game: Unreal Tournament 2004
                              Output T3D File: DmDeathFanUT2K4.t3d

*** Export of Unreal map to T3D Level File ***
                              DmDeathFan.unr->myLevel.t3d.. done!

*** Extracting Unreal Class (.uc) files ****
                              1/1-DmDeathFan.unr ... Done!

*** Identifications of sounds used Feb 19, 2011 9:49:15 PM ut3converter2.export.T3DLevelToUTFiles ConvertUTRessources
                              SEVERE: null
                              java.io.FileNotFoundException: I:\UT3Converter2-025a\ConvertedMaps\DmDeathFan\myLevel.t3d (The system cannot find the file specified)
                              at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
                              at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
                              at java.io.FileReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
                              at ut3converter2.identification.SoundsIdentificator.i dentifyLvlSounds(SoundsIdentificator.java:76)
                              at ut3converter2.export.T3DLevelToUTFiles.IdentifyExp ortAndDelUnusedSounds(T3DLevelToUTFiles.java:228)
                              at ut3converter2.export.T3DLevelToUTFiles.IdentifyExp ortAndDelUnused(T3DLevelToUTFiles.java:75)
                              at ut3converter2.export.T3DLevelToUTFiles.ConvertUTRe ssources(T3DLevelToUTFiles.java:64)
                              at ut3converter2.convert.MapConverter.processTasks(Ma pConverter.java:1000)
                              at ut3converter2.convert.U1UT99ToUT2k4Conv.Convert(U1 UT99ToUT2k4Conv.java:113)
                              at ut3converter2.ihm.map.IHMMapConverter$6.run(IHMMap Converter.java:341)
                              at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

*** Transforming permanently T3D Level brushes ***
                              Scale factor: 1.0
                              myLevel.t3d->T3DLvlTransformed5605547135965738112.t3d

Comment

I had the same problem trying to convert CTF-DE-LavaGiant2 from UT2k4 to Ut3.

Comment

Working...
                                X