Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BioHaZarD View Post
    Cannot find main class, Program will exit?

Any idea why that?

Im on vista btw :F
    +1

Java 1.6.0_03 is installed. Java/Sun site says it is the newest. Just tried the your newest release, same thing...

[edit]

I just fixed it. Have to make a small batch file to make it work under Vista. I called mine RUN.BAT -- place it in the same folder as UT3Conveter.jar...

Code:
    java -jar UT3Converter.jar
    [/edit]

Comment

any chance you could fidn a way to convert static mesh packages? ctf face classic is made 50% fo them , and they wont export from 2k4 UED :/ only as .usx which ut3 wont accept

Comment

THX that fixed it :>

Comment

ur my hero

Comment

Originally posted by papabear View Post
            +1
            I just fixed it. Have to make a small batch file to make it work under Vista. I called mine RUN.BAT -- place it in the same folder as UT3Conveter.jar...

Code:
            java -jar UT3Converter.jar
            That's weird, i'm running on Vista too and i didn't have to make a batchfile.I just had to double-click and that's all!

Originally posted by Widz View Post
            any chance you could fidn a way to convert static mesh packages? ctf face classic is made 50% fo them , and they wont export from 2k4 UED :/ only as .usx which ut3 wont accept
            i'm currently working on it. The script would extract all staticmeshes and textures needed for the map on a separate folder but can't find a way for the moment to automatically creates the .upk packages with the staticmeshes and the textures in it with the ut3.exe program so user would have to furthermore import manually all staticmeshes and textures. Moreover i don't think i can create automatically Materials from textures but i'll give it a try.

Comment

Guess I'll be the (only) person to say that I find it a shame this tool is here. Porting maps'll never get you the result you'd want when you're looking to retain gameplay and such. Remakes are not ports, and ports generally suck when movement etc changes. But that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Even for approximate blueprinting a level, it's a shame. People get lazy and don't appreciate all the effort gone into making levels. (/rant)

Comment

But if you spent months and months of your time working on a 2k4 map and had the game play and brushes exactly where you want them, having a tool to move that part of the work over into UT3 is a great thing.

Remake or port it matters not. If someone likes their map they should be able to reuse their framework from 2k4, 2k3 or 99 without spending another 30 hours of their life doing it all over again from scratch.

Although I do think it is important to redo textures, lighting and meshes. My only comment is move what is needed, but do it right and make it look good.

Nice work on this tool. It is appreciated.

Comment

PWN! Dling! A great tool, ty for this.

LordStrider is right on though. Gives mappers a good start on remaking a map, but it still needs to be optimized/ brought up to ut3 visual quality.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                    Check that you have the latest version of Java installed: 1.6 version.
                    Also check you have kept the folder structure.
                    There is 2 files
                    /UTConverter.jar
                    /lib/swing-layout-1.0.jar

If you don't have swing-layout-1.0.jar in the lib folder, the program won't start.
                    Which computer do u have ? Windows/Linux?
                    sorry for the delay, I am using Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit; do I extract it into the Java folder? Or make its own folder? I did both using the structure you mentioned and it doesn't work, I am also using Java 6.0.3.

Comment

Originally posted by Xzodus View Post
                      sorry for the delay, I am using Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit; do I extract it into the Java folder? Or make its own folder? I did both using the structure you mentioned and it doesn't work, I am also using Java 6.0.3.
                      Just decompress the files where u want:
                      so you should have these files:
                      /MyFolder/UTConverter.jar
                      /MyFolder/lib/javaxwing.jar

then double click on UTConverter.jar
                      if u it doesn't launch make a run.bat file (with notepad):
                      then add this:
                      java -jar UTConverter.jar
                      save this file in "MyFolder"->/MyFolder/run.bat
                      then execute run.bat
                      shoud work.
                      hmm and about vista 64 bits well dunno how it works with 64bits OS.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                        Just decompress the files where u want:
                        so you should have these files:
                        /MyFolder/UTConverter.jar
                        /MyFolder/lib/javaxwing.jar

then double click on UTConverter.jar
                        if u it doesn't launch make a run.bat file (with notepad):
                        then add this:
                        java -jar UTConverter.jar
                        save this file in "MyFolder"->/MyFolder/run.bat
                        then execute run.bat
                        shoud work.
                        hmm and about vista 64 bits well dunno how it works with 64bits OS.
                        Here what I get:

C:/Users/Lethal/Desktop/UT3Converter>java -jar UTConverter.jar
                        'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                        operable program or batch file.
                        Here what I do:

Download UTConvert
                        Extract as -> UTConverter folder
                        swing-layout is in -> /UTConverter/lib/swing-layout-1.0
                        UTConverter.jar is in -> /UTConverter/UTCovnerter.jar
                        run.bat file is in -> /UTConverter/run.bat

Hopefully I am doing this right, but it doesn't work; I have UAC turned off so I know its not that. I will try once again to get it right, I really want to run this program.

Comment

Originally posted by Xzodus View Post
                          Here what I get:
                          C:/Users/Lethal/Desktop/UT3Converter>java -jar UTConverter.jar
                          'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                          operable program or batch file.
                          Thiis problem mean:
                          java is not installed on your computer
                          OR u are not logged in as admin.
                          OR java is not set as a default program.
                          Then try this:
                          Start>Control Panel>System>Advanced>Enviorment Variables

Then add "C:\Program Files\Java\<YourJavaVersionFolder>\bin" in the PATH environment variable
                          or you can just change the run.bat file:
                          "C:\Program Files\Java\<YourJavaVersionFolder>\bin\java -jar UTConverter.jar" (then you would need to put UTConverter.jar in "C:\Program Files\Java\<YourJavaVersionFolder>\bin\java " folder.

Comment

is anyone able to show a gameplay screenshot please

Comment

I have Vista and just installed Java.
                              I have UT3 (1.0) installed and the newest ver on UT2004,

I ran your program fine up to "File, Import, Into existing map"
                              It begins the import then I get a message that UT3 map editor has stopped working and it needs to be shutdown.
                              I Tried it 2X, same result. Any ideas or have you seen this before?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                                I have Vista and just installed Java.
                                I have UT3 (1.0) installed and the newest ver on UT2004,

I ran your program fine up to "File, Import, Into existing map"
                                It begins the import then I get a message that UT3 map editor has stopped working and it needs to be shutdown.
                                I Tried it 2X, same result. Any ideas or have you seen this before?
                                Some maps import correctly and others not, dunno y for the moment but i'm working on it.
                                Which map did u try to port? .. so i can c more deeply what's wrong. And which version of program did u use? (u should use last since in previous version there was some bad settings for lights that caused sometimes ut3 editor to crash)

Comment

Working...
                                X