No announcement yet.

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, so the UT3Converter2 seems like ****, since it doesnt work at all...
    so i tried the UT3Converter1, and it seems to get more done:
    i can convert the UT2004 map to T3D, and i can import it into UT3ED, but when rebuilding, UT3ED seems to crash

how i got UT3Converter1 to convert the map:
    move my UT2004 folder to: C:\UT2004
    and convert the files to: C:\UT2004\converted
    this works, because there are no spaces in the adres

EDIT:
    it seems UT3ED can rebuild all, but lots of terrain is missing, all textures are gone and lots of lights are also missing...

Comment

Originally posted by Coreper View Post
      ok, so the UT3Converter2 seems like ****, since it doesnt work at all...
      so i tried the UT3Converter1, and it seems to get more done:
      i can convert the UT2004 map to T3D, and i can import it into UT3ED, but when rebuilding, UT3ED seems to crash

how i got UT3Converter1 to convert the map:
      move my UT2004 folder to: C:\UT2004
      and convert the files to: C:\UT2004\converted
      this works, because there are no spaces in the adres

EDIT:
      it seems UT3ED can rebuild all, but lots of terrain is missing, all textures are gone and lots of lights are also missing...

same result here mate..i can convert bsp, lights, volumes,and some weapons ; i have not succed to import static meshes....but at least a bsp is a better start than nothing haha

more success with both versions before patch 2.1

since patch 2.1; i still cant convert some maps even with the ut3converterV1....i just was abble to convert some materials

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
        same result here mate..i can convert bsp, lights, volumes,and some weapons ; i have not succed to import static meshes....but at least a bsp is a better start than nothing haha

more success with both versions before patch 2.1

since patch 2.1; i still cant convert some maps even with the ut3converterV1....i just was abble to convert some materials
        not a good start if a map is almost 90% static meshes
        that way you start with a few walls, also untextured :S

Comment

New link please? TIA

Comment

UT3Converter1 has a problem with naming staticmeshes.
            You will have to check the map.t3d file for the correct names.
            It is generally just changing a '-' for a '_' or vis-versa.
            Best to change only the names of the mesh.t3d files, fewer changes.

If you look at the Converter log you will find a list of meshes that were not exported, you can export these manually.
            To do this you will have to create a new map with a single subtraction brush and 1 each of the meshes you need all placed at the origin.
            It is best to use the converter log to insure you have all the needed meshes and for proper naming later.
            All meshes need to be set to 1 for drawscale and drawscale3d.
            Now you need to export the map directly from the editor as an obj file.

Now import the obj file into Max/Maya/Modtool7.5 or Blender delete the bsp.
            In Maya change the name of the Shapes (use the map.t3d file for the proper name) to match the staticmesh name then use Actorx as you normaly would.
            You may have to rotate the meshes 180 in Y prior to using ActorX.
            You now have ase files for import into UT3.

You can also export all textures that you have available in ut2004 by following the instructions layed out by Dragon Ranger over at 3DBuzz.

You will now need to convert from dds to bmp so head over to http://fly.to/mwgfx/ for some very useful utilities.

I hope that this helps.

Comment

I can't believe I have not seen this post until now. lol I should read more forum posts. especially the older ones.

I've almost finished a similar project dealing with UT to UT3 conversion. Will have to have a look at this one

Comment

So is there a new link. I was just gonna strip my map and export it w/o any materials or meshes in UT2004. Just brushes.

Comment

I have found that the terrain feature has some troubles with math.
                  Say you have a terrain that is 64x64 squares, you need a 65x65 array to contain the corner points or 4225 points. The converter will come up with the value of 4225 but only give you an array containing 4224 points.

I have not found out where I need to make changes but I think this is one of the locations.

Comment

Link is borken :9

Comment

http://start10g.ovh.net/~utcoop/foru...php?board=15.0

Unless of course you want the older versions. The Ver .19 has reached download limits, but the other ones a few pages back all work. I'm not sure what version your after?

Comment

I cant Find the installation file :/

Comment

Hi! im always getting this error!

D:\Program Files\UT2004\System\ucc.exe
                          was unable to extract map to .t3d file.
                          Failed to find object 'class any.D\Program Files\UT2004\DM-Flux2.ut2

Help!

Comment

you may not have the files in the correct folders. Some ut2k4 maps have external packages for textures, sounds, meshes and music. make sure you have those files and you should be good. If you need to know where they go let me know. Hope that helps!

Comment

Yeah! i do believe i put everything in the correct folders regarding the map files///but maybe i have missed something??

Comment

Originally posted by cryogen4000 View Post
                                Hi! im always getting this error!

D:\Program Files\UT2004\System\ucc.exe
                                was unable to extract map to .t3d file.
                                Failed to find object 'class any.D\Program Files\UT2004\DM-Flux2.ut2

Help!
                                i always have that error too :S and i also have all the required packages...

Comment

Working...
                                X