Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    glad this is not dead xtremexp really looking forward to having a mess with this when its released

    Comment


      Hi ExtremeXp

      I've had some time to play with the converter and found some things you might be interested in. First, I am converting 2 custom maps from Ut99 -> Ut2004

      Lighting is fantastic! - Great Job!
      Special lit surface seem fine - Wow!
      BSP looks great.
      Skyboxes work on conversion

      Now here's some things that didn't convert over
      Sniper-rifle - needs to go to ut2004 classic sniper rifle
      Rocket-launcher
      Flak Cannon
      Mini Gun
      Ripper - remap to lighting gun???

      Medium health - may be other health items as well I can't verify that in my maps
      UDamage - may be other items in this class as well.

      Hope you got another version in the works. This is a great tool! Thank you. I did convert some ut2004 maps to ut3 with your older version of the program. I seem to be having trouble with terrain conversion on the new version since my package doesn't seem to get saved properly. One thing, you might want to add some conversion instructions when running ut2004 -> Ut3 like you did for UT99 -> ut2004. These were very helpful in getting things up and running.

      Comment


        Is it possible to export the second UV set of UT2004 static meshes with this tool? (for static meshes textured in "skin mode")

        Comment


          I get the error "failed to find object class any"

          Comment


            Originally posted by DemoMan2 View Post
            Now here's some things that didn't convert over
            Sniper-rifle - needs to go to ut2004 classic sniper rifle
            Rocket-launcher
            Flak Cannon
            Mini Gun
            Ripper - remap to lighting gun???

            Medium health - may be other health items as well I can't verify that in my maps
            UDamage - may be other items in this class as well.
            Thx for noticing this,Will try to replace correct actors for next version.

            Originally posted by DemoMan2 View Post
            I seem to be having trouble with terrain conversion on the new version since my package doesn't seem to get saved properly.
            Do you save the ressources to an external package or into map? Which map did u try to convert?

            Originally posted by DemoMan2 View Post
            One thing, you might want to add some conversion instructions when running ut2004 -> Ut3 like you did for UT99 -> ut2004.
            These were very helpful in getting things up and running.
            There are instructions, just click on the instructions will make you appear sample pic.


            Originally posted by Narayana View Post
            Is it possible to export the second UV set of UT2004 static meshes with this tool? (for static meshes textured in "skin mode")
            Do you have some sample staticmesh i can look into?
            I think its not yet converted. Thanks for noticing it this will add skins/material info for UT3 staticmeshes in future version.


            Originally posted by TheProfileth View Post
            I get the error "failed to find object class any"
            Check that the path of your map hasn't spaces in it (e.g: "C:\Program Files\UT2004\mymap.ut2").

            Comment


              I just installed the converter but it won't convert the map i want it to. I get this error

              C:\UnralAnthology\UT2004\System\ucc.exe
              was unable to extract map to .t3d file.
              Failed to find object 'Class Any.C:\UnralAnthology\UT2004\Maps\DM-Phobos2.ut2

              Do you know why this error occurs. I hve the latest version of java and my root file is this C:\Unreal Anthology\UT2004

              Comment


                Originally posted by UTGangster View Post
                I just installed the converter but it won't convert the map i want it to. I get this error

                C:\UnralAnthology\UT2004\System\ucc.exe
                was unable to extract map to .t3d file.
                Failed to find object 'Class Any.C:\UnralAnthology\UT2004\Maps\DM-Phobos2.ut2

                Do you know why this error occurs. I hve the latest version of java and my root file is this C:\Unreal Anthology\UT2004
                Yes /System/Ucc.exe program used by UT3 converter have problem with handling paths with spaces.
                Rename your "Unreal Anthology" folder to "UnrealAnthology",update your settings in UT3 converter (Options->Settings)


                Edit:
                I tested Dm-Phobos2,
                i recommend you waiting for next release since there are lot of staticmeshes with skins which current version can't handle for the moment.

                Comment


                  On the Ut2004 -> Ut3 conversion it was a custom map with Terrain in the mylevel package. What I ended up with was a directory called UT-Terrain with files created in the directory. I suspect that I didn't import them correctly into the UT3 editor. Simply put, I must be missing something since I'm not sure which of these files to import into UT3. Your documentation mentions that a package name is used during the Ut2004 -> UT3 process. I either didn't get one created or it went to some other directory. Most likely this is a problem on my part in understanding how this part of the converter works.

                  Comment


                    just crashes the editor

                    Comment


                      well after testing the converter for awhile i finaly got the map converted

                      but it had some meshes and textures missing
                      http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8964/roadrage.jpg

                      if it crashes on you you probaly didnt follow the directions the converter gave you it gives you step by step instructions to get everything in the editor pretty cool xtreme

                      Comment


                        Okay, dumb question:

                        I followed the instructions exactly and had it all working and could play it in the editor. The next time I load up the map in the editor it sets a bunch of stuff to NULL since it is referencing the package that your instructions say to create. What is the best way to recover from this situation?

                        Normally when I work on a map, I'm typically using the maps own package and never have this problem. I tried duplicated things over but I don't know how to "reset" all of the meshes to point to maps own package.

                        On another note, this looks like it is going to ROCK! I tried your original converter but didn't have much luck and the textures came over very lossy. This seems to be working much better. Incredible job on this!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by DemoMan2 View Post
                          On the Ut2004 -> Ut3 conversion it was a custom map with Terrain in the mylevel package. What I ended up with was a directory called UT-Terrain with files created in the directory. I suspect that I didn't import them correctly into the UT3 editor. Simply put, I must be missing something since I'm not sure which of these files to import into UT3. Your documentation mentions that a package name is used during the Ut2004 -> UT3 process. I either didn't get one created or it went to some other directory. Most likely this is a problem on my part in understanding how this part of the converter works.
                          The program does not create the package for you. You have to create it following the instructions (import textures,staticmeshes,... into package)


                          Originally posted by bn_avit View Post
                          just crashes the editor
                          Which map was it? Did u save the package (.upk file)? Did you create the TerrainlayerSetup actors in package?If not will probably crash when importing terrain info in t3d file into UnrealEditor.


                          Originally posted by unrealloco View Post
                          well after testing the converter for awhile i finaly got the map converted

                          but it had some meshes and textures missing
                          yes this is known bug not coming from program it self but from /System/ucc.exe program that sometimes doesn't suceed to export staticmeshes to t3d files from .usx packages
                          resulting in a few or a lot meshes missing in converted map. This is one of my top priorities for next versions (my own staticmeshes extractor)



                          Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                          Okay, dumb question:

                          I followed the instructions exactly and had it all working and could play it in the editor. The next time I load up the map in the editor it sets a bunch of stuff to NULL since it is referencing the package that your instructions say to create. What is the best way to recover from this situation?
                          This is probably because you didn't save the package into your UT3 folder (MyGames/UT3/UTGame/..) so when loading map the editor couldn't find meshes because they belong to your .upk package not in UT3 folder ..

                          If you really don't suceed to convert map plz give me a dl link for your map so i can test or copy Window Log (output frame window).

                          Comment


                            I saved the file to C:\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC. Should I move it up to the UTGame root?


                            *Edit*: I got it working by using the following path:
                            C:\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Environments

                            Great stuff. Thanks!

                            Comment


                              alright, so i converted the map, and i get this t3d file and 5 empty folders, what do i do with them?

                              Comment


                                follow the instructions the converter gave you

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X