No announcement yet.

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using the linked version above. Great job on this!!! Have managed to convert several maps, but with terrain lacking i stopped. Most of the maps i've been hoping to convert are outdoor CTF and BR ones.

Really looking forward to getting it working for Icefields, Serenity, Canyon, Bitfrost, and Magma. I've actually got most of these successfully converted (but Magma is a beast!). All static meshes that didn't texture probably due to the animated textures... Almost works with manual texturing, though.

Any updates on the progress? Need help, donations, etc haha? My buddies and i are really excited about getting this working!

Comment

Really waiting for it to come out.
      Btw, maybe someone could convert killbillybarn map with the older version of the tool ,cause i got an error when trying to do it myself. Would be really appreciated as i always wanted to see this map in ut3..

Comment

Originally posted by keyser325 View Post
        Any updates on the progress? Need help, donations, etc haha? My buddies and i are really excited about getting this working!
        I'm wondering the same. I'd love to get this going! Please post when you've got more info. And I'll be happy to donate to the cause as well. Thanks!

Comment

Any ideas when this converter will be complete? I would love to download it.

Comment

me too =)!

Comment

Also waiting for any news about it

Comment

Yes, everyone seems really interested in this. The alpha version worked pretty well, i managed to get BR-icefields converted decently! Brought it over from ut2004 and most meshes and bsp came over really well... I had to do some things manually, like the terrain, rebuilding some bsp so it would texture correctly, and other little stuff like that. It took me a while, but that's just because i'm not that great with the editor.

You can check it out here to see how it turned out...

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=671309

I tried converting 4 other cft stages, but they didn't work nearly as well as icefields. Maybe i got lucky, who knows. I'll try some more later this weekend...Been dying to get some of the older stages back into our rotation.

Please let us know if you need any help!

Comment

Any updates xtreme? Im able to convert some maps but 90% of them get stuck on 57% while its converting sound files. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix for it? I appreciate any help. thanks

Comment

Maybe the project is dead

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
                      Maybe the project is dead
                      No it is not dead, was just busy several months with other things with rl (project was paused).
                      I'm currently working on it again since about 3 weeks.
                      Just need to do more testing and it will be ok which should take about 1 week from now.

Comment

I just want to have decent converted light colors lol

Comment

Thx Xtreme!! If you need me to beta test again Im all for it. From the previous version that you gave me I was able to convert over 10 maps successfully and Im really looking forward to your next release of this. Keep us posted if u can. peeeeeeaaace

Comment

I can too made some beta testing, so if you up to... give me PM...

Regards

Comment

Do you think is there any chance to convert a MOD from 2004 to UT3 using this tool or developing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rino79 View Post
                                Do you think is there any chance to convert a MOD from 2004 to UT3 using this tool or developing it?
                                The tool converts maps using existing actors in ut2004, it will not convert custom actors (e.g.: custom weapons,monsters,..) from the mod.
                                It will port: brushes,staticmeshes,lightning and terrain

Comment

Working...
                                X