Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beauxcphus View Post
    One of the reasons UT2k4 was sooo successful is that it included all the 2003 maps and then brought more to the table - it was a great value.
    The major reason for this is because it wasn't a completely new game. The editor and engine where pretty much the same. I haven't done any maps for UT2003 or UT2004 so I really don't know the differences, but that can't be much different.

I just seen there where 2 more VCTF maps that have been converted to UT3 besides Basically and Binary Space.

This tool is a must have. Like xtremexp said, you can't have any spaces in your path to your UT folder or the folder they are extracted to.

I can't thank you enough for this.

Comment

So did anyone managed to get at least one working map?? If so plz gimme the link so i could try it)

Comment

i have a file that is .UTX from a game that uses Unreal engine. is it possible to convert those files? PM if you want to super explain and such..

Comment

I frequently get the error "Some meshes could not be exported" for almost every custom mesh I have imported into UT2K4. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it. Also, some existing packages that came with UT2k4 such as Desp_SMS_SM.usx do not export properly either. (Those are the Skaarj mothership meshes)

Comment

Originally posted by TubeJuice View Post
            I frequently get the error "Some meshes could not be exported" for almost every custom mesh I have imported into UT2K4. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it. Also, some existing packages that came with UT2k4 such as Desp_SMS_SM.usx do not export properly either. (Those are the Skaarj mothership meshes)
            i got this problem with some meshes which is very annoying.

If anyone can help me with this:

Code:
            G:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System>ucc batchexport ../Maps/AS-Glacier.ut2 StaticMe
            sh t3d
            Loading package ../Maps/AS-Glacier.ut2...
            Exported StaticMesh AS-Glacier.Base.opt_sg_Mech_gdrstruct to .\Base.opt_sg_Mech_
            gdrstruct.t3d
            Exported StaticMesh AS-Glacier.Base.wm_DecoThing2 to .\Base.wm_DecoThing2.t3d
            Exported StaticMesh AS-Glacier.Pillars.Support02CSExt64 to .\Pillars.Support02CS
            Ext64.t3d
            Exported StaticMesh AS-Glacier.Base.wm_DecoThing to .\Base.wm_DecoThing.t3d
            Exported StaticMesh AS-Glacier.Base.Support02CS_mod to .\Base.Support02CS_mod.t3
            d
            Exported StaticMesh AS-Glacier.Base.Support02CSExt64_mod to .\Base.Support02CSEx
            t64_mod.t3d
            Error exporting StaticMesh AS-Glacier.Base.opt_sg_Mech_gdr3: couldn't open file
            '.\Base.opt_sg_Mech_gdr3.t3d'
            Can't export StaticMesh AS-Glacier.Base.opt_sg_Mech_gdr3 to file .\Base.opt_sg_M
            ech_gdr3.t3d

History: UBatchExportCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
            I'm currently remaking program from scratch (as i have lost previous source code ),staticmesh convertion works but as the "/System/ucc.exe" can't export sometimes all meshes from a map (.ut2) or package (.usx) so my program can't therefore convert them all correctly.
            I tested with map AS-Glacier but as some meshes are not exported from AS-Glacier.ut2 and Rahnem_Glacier.usx files the converter map got lot of missing meshes.
            I'm wondering if there is any solutions to get rid of this export problem.
            I just want to get all staticmeshes used exported as T3D format (i have my T3D 2 ASE(3D ASCII Scene) converter ready).

Comment

I have this issue too. After trying to duplicate the mesh in UT2004-Editor, I found this message in the log:
              Code:
              Cmd: STATICMESH FROM SELECTION PACKAGE=myLevel  NAME=Test01
              ExecWarning: Could not import non .lwo format: 
              Log: BeginTrans STATICMESH FROM SELECTION
              I think it has to do with the UT2004-Meshpackages.

Comment

Will this new version be able to handle UV2 Texture coordinates like those found on many of the ShiptechHardware meshes? Many of these meshes contain a second set of texture coordinates that does not show up on export when using other tools such as UTPT. This is quite a problem because the default skins for these meshes are ridiculous-looking and the meshes themselves are a beast to reskin. Most of them, however, looked really cool in UT2K3/4 when they worked right. I suspect that there is some internal data hidden in the *.usx files that gives this extra set of texture coordinates. Is there any way to extract it?

Comment

I need beta-testers for the new version of UT3 Converter:

Changes since UT3Converter1:
                  Version 0.1 (UT2004 support only):
                  -new interface (show progress,improved help)
                  -Terrain converted (heightmap + layers / not decolayers yet)
                  -Lightning is no longer white after map rebuild.
                  -Improved lightning colors and brightness.
                  -Improved texture scaling
                  -Fixed: textures used by staticmeshes not all exported correctly.
                  -Added classes support: DECO_ExplodingBarrel,UseObjective,ProximityObjecti ve,ASVehicleFactory,ASVehicleFactory_MinigunTurret .
                  -Added detailled info about unconverted meshes and textures
                  -can now use external package (not save into ut3 map)

Program does not port shader textures, textures with panning,any material...

If anyone interested in providing bug support, pm me and i'll provide dl link.

For future versions:
                  StaticMesh convertor (allow to port only one single .usx package to UT3)
                  Support for other UT games
                  Bug,fixes,improvements,...

Comment

héhé ...wooooow nice tool.....next dayz i hav in projekt to do a morpheus3 remake(the more exact as possible)
                    ....and i just found this thread...wasnt abble to imagine better found
                    i m going to try ur tool to built it...**** it look very usefull...cant wait

big thx

Comment

i hav begin the "remake"...got all bsp

-still hav some probs to hav the static meshes....i had a lot of "not posible conversions"
                      -i hav no idea how to run the "converter fix" to rename the static meshes ....
                      -theres nothing in the sound file...perhaps did i another thing wrong lol

in always and even if i can only get the bsp working big thx for the tool

Comment

Originally posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
                        i hav begin the "remake"...got all bsp

-still hav some probs to hav the static meshes....i had a lot of "not posible conversions"
                        -i hav no idea how to run the "converter fix" to rename the static meshes ....
                        -theres nothing in the sound file...perhaps did i another thing wrong lol

in always and even if i can only get the bsp working big thx for the tool
                        Old version is buggy (UT3Converter1)and i have lost source code that's y i removed dl link and making new whole version with better code.
                        I have sent u (PM) dl link for new version (UT3 Converter2-V0.1b).

About staticmesh conversion here is how it works:
                        Export to .t3d from .usx package->Convert to .ase

The problem is that the ucc.exe program can't export some meshes from some package so if there is a single mesh that cause problem then ucc.exe just stops and doesn't try to convert the other meshes which sux ....(would have been better if Epic had coded ucc.exe so it skips bad meshes files ...)

So which leads to a staticmesh conversion rate between 70 and 95% (which means about 20% of staticmeshes are not converted).

The first solution i see (untested for the moment) would be to open thestaticmesh package in UED and remove the mesh from it that causes the problem, then save.
                        Second solution would be to convert all meshes to brush then to reimport to a new staticmesh package.
                        Third solution would be to make my own staticmesh extractor (if i can handle the .usx file structure,...)

As for the terrain there is really some good progress:
                        Heightmap ported
                        Texlayers ported
                        Visibilitymap ported

You can see how it looks here with one the sample maps i try to convert (for program testing,bug fixes):
                        ONS-Dria:

I just added fog actor (heightfog), all the other stuff has been done by the converter.

You can note:
                        Some meshes have default gay texture (some texturespackages can't be exported correctly or these are special textures (shaders,pan tex,...).

Originally posted by TubeJuice View Post
                        Will this new version be able to handle UV2 Texture coordinates like those found on many of the ShiptechHardware meshes? Many of these meshes contain a second set of texture coordinates that does not show up on export when using other tools such as UTPT. This is quite a problem because the default skins for these meshes are ridiculous-looking and the meshes themselves are a beast to reskin. Most of them, however, looked really cool in UT2K3/4 when they worked right. I suspect that there is some internal data hidden in the *.usx files that gives this extra set of texture coordinates. Is there any way to extract it?
                        I've looked a bit with these UV2 coordinates it's an extra parameter in staticmesh actor properties. I didn't find any correspondance yet with UT3. It seems that it is as like adding skin to staticmshe (so override materials)

Comment

impressive work !...and thx for new version...cant wait to try it....but i need to sleep..lol....i ve "play" with oldest version all night long

Comment

Originally posted by Dribler View Post
                            So did anyone managed to get at least one working map?? If so plz gimme the link so i could try it)
                            I've been able to convert VCTF-NorthPole and VCTF-Christmas2004. You can find them on the Hedsteem's VCTF server. We've also got a version of VCTF-ChristmasTown.

I am currently working on a VCTF-FestiveRidge.

Comment

Originally posted by 1337_Sniper View Post
                              I've been able to convert VCTF-NorthPole and VCTF-Christmas2004. You can find them on the Hedsteem's VCTF server. We've also got a version of VCTF-ChristmasTown.

I hope you at least CREDIT the author of those maps for their hard work?

Comment

Originally posted by 1337_Sniper View Post

why cant you post that maps you make and other pll at hedsteem post them at this forum too ther are some good maps iif i whant them i have too play at the server

Comment

Working...
                                X