Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant convert map DM-Gael staticmeshes wont convert correctly help

Comment

Originally posted by dariush_theunreal View Post
      cant convert map DM-Gael staticmeshes wont convert correctly help
      i just check myself with program it seems that mesh "TubeSupportECollision.t3d" has some bad output format.
      Code:
      33/34--->TubeSupportECollision.t3d...(Est. Time:0.0 s)..java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "-1.#QNAN0"
      coming from this line
      Code:
              Vertex 1 622.956116 655.146057 -210.798523 0.000000 -1.#QNAN0
      Normaly there shouldn't be any char in the last field so when program is trying to cast -1.#QNAN0 as float it produces error.
      Remove ".#QNAN0" from file /UT3Map/StaticMesh/TubeSupportECollision.t3d then save it to a temporary folder. When converting map, when staticmeshes have been exported
      Code:
      5548.0Kb of StaticMeshes have been exported
      quick replace TubeSupportECollision.t3d with the new one.

I know this is not very handy but this is the only solution for you for the moment, and i have lost source code of latest version so can't provide fix for the moment,i'm recoding program nearly from scratch now ..

Comment

i cant convert DM-gael please help . when i import staticmeshes the editor closes Heeeelp.

Comment

I tried to convert UT99 map, but Editor crashed when trying to import textures??????

Comment

I find out that you can't change Read-only folder to not-Read-Only folder

Comment

Hey, I tried, finally, your 3D Converter. It seems to export assets just fine, except for what I need exported; custom meshes. I have tried every method I can thik of, including changing the custom texture to a stock texture, makes no difference They will not export!! Does your converter have a build in mesh data base it works from? Any ideas on exporting custom meshes?

Comment

Originally posted by UnWheelModeller View Post
                Hey, I tried, finally, your 3D Converter. It seems to export assets just fine, except for what I need exported; custom meshes. I have tried every method I can thik of, including changing the custom texture to a stock texture, makes no difference They will not export!! Does your converter have a build in mesh data base it works from? Any ideas on exporting custom meshes?
                the converter hasn't database of staticmeshes used here how it workds:
                1. it identifies staticmeshes packages names used in the t3d map file (ucc batchexport mymap.ut2 t3d level -> mymap.t3d (ut2004 t3d)
                2. Export staticmeshes used to t3d format (ucc batchexport mymesh.usx t3d staticmesh)
                3. Convert t3d sm files to .ase format (Ascii Scene Exporter) adding extension "_Mat" to material names used in the staticmeshes. (when importing textures into the editor, if you set "Create Material"n material name is the formatted as this: "Texturename"+_Mat.
                4. Then converting UT2004 SM actor to UT3 SM actor in the T3D map file (mylevel.t3d)

What are you trying to convert maybe i can have a look?
                Note: have lost major source code of latest version so can't upgrade it for the moment. I'm rebuilding program from scratch but will offer more flexibility (being able to export single package,staticmesh viewer....)

Comment

Thanks for responding so quick The map is an UnWheel map for UT2004, actually, I tried several UnWheel maps of mine, but none completed the conversion process, they hung the program on the last step.

You could try any of these maps, found here; http://download.beyondunreal.com/bro...=unwheel/maps/

UWRC-OceanRun2.rar
                  UWRL-Suicide.rar
                  UWRL-TrainRaceBeta.zip

Thanks for the help, Steven

Edit; to add some info, I renamed all the custom meshes for the map to mylevel with no group names, same with the custom textures, I also renamed the map DM- .

Comment

wow cant wait for VCTF-TrainRace !

looks nice already for me !
                    this map going to be real time game map

Comment

Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
                      UCC.exe was unable to extract map to .t3d file. Failed to find object 'Class Any.batchexport'

Can anyone help?
                      I'm having the same problem. Anyone?

Comment

I can't make it work!
                        when I press next (i'm trying to convert DM-Deck17, ut2k4) it doesen't give me any error but it doesn't tell me where's the .t3d file.
                        I know that it put the files it my games/ut3map but inside of it there are two .t3d files (mylevel.t3d and dm-deck17.t3d). The staticmeshes and sounds folders are empty, the textures are exported well and i can import them in ut3 editor.
                        Anyway, when I try to import dm-deck17.t3d into the map (subtractive saved with the correct naming, and with the textures imported with materials) i get an "UT3.exe has stopped working" error and ut3 closes, the same happens after some "unresolved casts" if i try to import mylevel.t3d.
                        this happens with every map i try to convert (even custom ones).
                        can anyone help me?
                        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MinisterFish View Post
                          I'm having the same problem. Anyone?
                          It happens if your UT99 game or U game is installed in C:\Program Files.
                          UCC.exe file (used by program) doesn't handle correctly folder with spaces ("program_files") for UT99 and U1.
                          Solution for you is to move your UT folder to another one with no spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by dosse View Post
                            I can't make it work!
                            when I press next (i'm trying to convert DM-Deck17, ut2k4) it doesen't give me any error but it doesn't tell me where's the .t3d file.
                            I know that it put the files it my games/ut3map but inside of it there are two .t3d files (mylevel.t3d and dm-deck17.t3d). The staticmeshes and sounds folders are empty, the textures are exported well and i can import them in ut3 editor.
                            Anyway, when I try to import dm-deck17.t3d into the map (subtractive saved with the correct naming, and with the textures imported with materials) i get an "UT3.exe has stopped working" error and ut3 closes, the same happens after some "unresolved casts" if i try to import mylevel.t3d.
                            this happens with every map i try to convert (even custom ones).
                            can anyone help me?
                            thanks
                            I've had the same trouble. I found that telling the converter to do only BSP got it to work, but then I'm left without everything else (most importantly, the meshes). At least the BSP will load though.

Comment

It won't download.
                              D-=

Comment

One of the reasons UT2k4 was sooo successful is that it included all the 2003 maps and then brought more to the table - it was a great value.

I was really dissapointed to see that not hold true with UT3 - but this project brings that hope back.

I imagine that, given the difficulties i have read in this thread, not everyones conversions of the ol maps will end up identical. Has any thought been given to making a repository of 'official' converted versions of old maps so that we can all amke sure that we have the same version and facilitate compatible online play?

if one already exists, where is it?

-Beaux

Comment

Working...
                                X