Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used this tool alot and i figured out the best way to get everything ported over
    in ut2004
    1.put all meshes textures in mylevel but make sure to leave the group blank
    all shader textures you will have to replace after the port
    2.make sure to get rid of stuff like flags nodes and cores to avoid errors on import in ut3
    3.if your going to rename the map do it in ut2004 to avoid problems when u import into ut3

in ut3
    1.make a new map in subtract and name it the same as the map name in ut2004 for example DM-MEMEMEME
    is the map from ut2004 and save the map
    2.DM-MEMEMEME is now your mylevel in ut3 so import your files in that
    3.import textures in DM-MEMEMEME make the ball material and make sure u import some of the textures that u can see in the bmp folder
    4.import meshes in DM-MEMEMEME ***if you deleted the group name in ut2004 then u will see the textures on your meshes
    5.import your DM-MEMEMEME map
    6.rebuild and save
    you should see all your meshes in the map now some textures may need adjustment
    i hope this helps u guys it worked for me

Comment

UCC.exe was unable to extract map to .t3d file. Failed to find object 'Class Any.batchexport'

Can anyone help?

Comment

Hurrm your download link dosnt seem to work....

Comment

Originally posted by Hushpuppy View Post
          Hurrm your download link dosnt seem to work....
          updated to new working link:
          http://dl.free.fr/b3p4POz1N/UT3Converter-v0.22.zip

Comment

who that s work?
            how i can execute the program?please?

Comment

so far as i can tell, it doesn't work. even after assigning the default input, and default output and map to convert, it only makes an empty folder and an error message. friggin annoying when i can see that many people have been able to make it work just fine. i just want some of the old static meshes and textures, but can't even figure that out. sigh. what i would really like to see is a step by step tut written for this app that anyone can understand. i would really appreciate that.

Comment

when the ut2004 vehicles as converted for ut3 ?

Comment

this is awesome, there are soooo many conversions to make

EDIT:I am getting this sooo slow, 3.3 kb per sec *sigh*
                  Anyway, does this convert ONS to WAR maps?
                  cuz that would be awesome
                  and if so
                  do you have to re-add all the vehicles and stuff? cuz i am sooo not a mapper and that would probably be hard for me.
                  And if you dont is it possible to change the vehicle so n one side of the map (so like i can have a Necris vs Axon vs of some ONS maps)?

EDIT#2: Pfft
                  i have no clue what i am doing
                  i give on this , maybe i can get a friend to convert these maps i want for me

Comment

any back converting?

Comment

I tried importing a UT2k4 map that I had created some years ago, but when I loaded it up in UED3, all of the meshes' references were set to "null." I created a "MyLevel" package with no grouping and with all of the meshes that I had used previously, but it still didn't work. I also created a duplicate package with the same name as the map, but that didn't work either.

*edit*
                      I get two meshes imported correctly but the rest are set to "null." Do I have to change the remaining meshes' properties manually in order to get them to appear? That would be really, really annoying because my map has well over 400 meshes in it.
                      *edit*

Comment

I still can't get the static meshes to import into their original locations and with their original geometry. It would be really nice if someone could write up a tutorial on how to do this. The delay is keeping me from finishing my map in UT3. I know that many people know how it's done. It's just that nobody (except one person) has been willing to share how they've achieved their goal.

Comment

Originally posted by TubeJuice View Post
                          I still can't get the static meshes to import into their original locations and with their original geometry. It would be really nice if someone could write up a tutorial on how to do this. The delay is keeping me from finishing my map in UT3. I know that many people know how it's done. It's just that nobody (except one person) has been willing to share how they've achieved their goal.
                          Hi,
                          i gonna make manual for this tool.
                          I know for the moment it's a bit confusing after conversion is done.
                          Be patient, manual is coming

Comment

Totally WickeD SiiK work dude, thanx

Comment

Update:
                              1)I figured out why staticmeshes did not import correctly when importing t3d file. This is due to bad naming of .ase files (filenames should not have contained "_" char but "-" char only).
                              So you can find in new archive little program (ut3converterfix) that renames those files correctly.
                              2)Added manual for UT3Converter usage. Will probably be less confusing now

Comment

cant convert map DM-Gael help

Comment

Working...
                                X