Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xtremexp

To properly convert the terrain maps from UEd3 to UT3Ed you will need to directly convert the alpha channels of the textures into a text format.

Unfortunatly when Unreal 2k4 exports targa files it corrupts the header making the alpha channel unrecognizable to external apps. You can use the UEdTexKit found here http://www.foogod.com/UEdTexKit/ to correct this problem.
    I believe the auther included source files in the zip.

Code:
             Begin TerrainHeight	Exporter=TerrainHeightMapExporterTextT3D
                Count=23617	Width=209	Height=113
                32768	32768	32768	32768	32768	32768	32768	32768
                32768	32768	32768	32768	32748	32740	32726	32706
                32685	32661	32628	32597	32566	32552	32540	32516
    Could be extracted directly from the g16 bmp heightmap.

Code:
             Begin TerrainLayerData
                Count=3
                Begin TerrainLayer Index=0 Name=Snow
                   Begin TerrainLayerSetup Name=UN_Terrain.Deny.TLS_UN_Terrain_Deny_Snow_Setup
                   End TerrainLayerSetup
                   AlphaMapIndex=0
                   Highlighted=0
                   Hidden=0
                End TerrainLayer
                Begin TerrainLayer Index=1 Name=Rock
                   Begin TerrainLayerSetup Name=UN_Terrain.Torlan.TLS_UN_Terrain_Torlan_Rock01
                   End TerrainLayerSetup
                   AlphaMapIndex=1
                   Highlighted=0
                   Hidden=0
                End TerrainLayer
                Begin TerrainLayer Index=2 Name=snowy rocks
                   Begin TerrainLayerSetup Name=UN_Terrain2.Jumpgate.TLS_UN_Terrain_JumpGate_SnowyRocks
                   End TerrainLayerSetup
                   AlphaMapIndex=2
                   Highlighted=0
                   Hidden=0
                End TerrainLayer
             End TerrainLayerData
             Begin TerrainAlphaMapData
                Count=3
                Begin AlphaMap Index=0 Count=23617
                     0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0	  0
    The above was extracted from a terrain contained in avalanch
    I do not know much about java programming so I am not sure if your program can read in targa files to output a proper alpha map for UT3Ed.

I hope this is of some use to you and keep up the good work.

ps: Have you thought about doing this in unrealscript and adding a button to Ued3, you would have direct access to all the information.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Sc..._Brushbuilders

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Ranger View Post
      xtremexp

To properly convert the terrain maps from UEd3 to UT3Ed you will need to directly convert the alpha channels of the textures into a text format.

Unfortunatly when Unreal 2k4 exports targa files it corrupts the header making the alpha channel unrecognizable to external apps. You can use the UEdTexKit found here http://www.foogod.com/UEdTexKit/ to correct this problem.
      I believe the auther included source files in the zip.
      Thx for the info, but there also something different in UT3.
      It imports/exports textures with different standard resolution.
      For example where UT2004 uses 256*256 resolution (or other standard resolution), UT3 is using for terrain (256+1)*(256+1) texture resolution (257*257), same concept with 513*513,....
      What i've tried with my program is too compute average height values on the borders of the UT2004 grey scale texture to create this other extra pixel.
      The terrain imported correctly but without good terrain shape.
      I tried to understand how the UT3 terrain textures are created but couldn't figure out:
      Here is a simple 4X4 (squares) terrain i created with UT3 editor:

and the exported UT3 terrain texture:

I can't understand why there is a blue pixel at the center of the texture (blue pixel = higher point)
      I'd like to know how the pixels are ordered
      The exported t3d file: (heightmap values):
      Code:
               Begin TerrainHeight	Exporter=TerrainHeightMapExporterTextT3D
                  Count=25	Width=5	Height=5
                  33068	32768	32768	32768	33150	32768	32768	32768
                  32768	32768	32768	32768	33136	32768	32768	32768

Comment

Xtremexp: sorry to keep on repeating myself like this, but every map (UT99) i convert has those dreaded "black-Walls". what am i doing wrong?

Comment

I am trying to convert some maps I made in ut2004.

The problem is the converter refuses to convert any textures. I see them getting extracted to my drive as .dds files but then they get deleted without getting converted to .psd

No errors or atleast none written in the conversion output log.

Is this tool developed as open source? I am a java developer myself if you need some help tracking down bugs while I try to convert my maps .

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Ranger View Post
            ps: Have you thought about doing this in unrealscript and adding a button to Ued3, you would have direct access to all the information.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Sc..._Brushbuilders
            i have no skill with UnrealScripting (just know about how to compile script)

Originally posted by TheRalfZer0 View Post
            Xtremexp: sorry to keep on repeating myself like this, but every map (UT99) i convert has those dreaded "black-Walls". what am i doing wrong?
            Try selecting all surfaces then press "F5"-> bAcceptLights = true

Originally posted by obidobi View Post
            I am trying to convert some maps I made in ut2004.

The problem is the converter refuses to convert any textures. I see them getting extracted to my drive as .dds files but then they get deleted without getting converted to .psd

No errors or atleast none written in the conversion output log.

Is this tool developed as open source? I am a java developer myself if you need some help tracking down bugs while I try to convert my maps .
            I checked out my self, it's working good, did u configure correctly the output folder ? If so what was your output folder?

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
              Try selecting all surfaces then press "F5"-> bAcceptLights = true
              I did, but still nothing, this only happens wheni convert UT99 Maps, UT2K4 works perfectly. I select all the brushes and right-click, navigate to "Transfrom" and select "Transform permanantly" save is as DM-*insertmapnamehere*.(iforgotextension) open your utility running the latest java, check my path setup for each game and made shure there is no spaces at all. Select the newly saved map and hit convert..... Got the converted t3d file.

Open UT3 Editor make a new map in "Subtractive mode" and navigate to "Import"and select "import into exsisting map" and select all brushes and go to "actor properties" and select bAcceptLights so that the green check mark is visible, hit build all...

Then after a rebuild I do it again for luck... and save map as DM-*insertmapnamehere*.(iforgotextension) and three times the chram rebuild it the last time. then i got to "play from here" and boom... blackwalls inbetween visible walls????

I tried applying textures but it still shows black, even if i put a new light right next to it...

I really think I'm doing something wrong...

***EDIT: I missread, lol, I was selecting brushes insead of surfaces to enable bAcceptLights, i'll try that at home tonight and will let you know? BTW. do you know of any other editors that had this problem or is it just me?

****EDIT: I got it! I selected the surfaces instead of the brushes andmade shure the three check boxes in the left-side is checked and not blocked

Comment

This does NOT work !
                When converting from UT99 to UT3 - it converts, but when I try to import, it starts to display errors ( they display about 10 times) and UT3Editor has stopped working.
                When I try to convert UT2004 to UT3 map (original UT2004 map (Face Classic)), It says: UCC.exe was unable to extract to .t3d file, because Failed loading package "skycity".
                How to fix this ?
                I'm not a mapper, I just wanted to convert UT3 "old school" map to the new UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by NUCLEAR-TNT View Post
                  When I try to convert UT2004 to UT3 map (original UT2004 map (Face Classic)), It says: UCC.exe was unable to extract to .t3d file, because Failed loading package "skycity".
                  How to fix this ?
                  Yes, UT3 Converter won't be able to convert your map if you haven't ALL ressources needed! In your case you have /textures/skycity.utx missing, also check you have selected correct input game, configuration panel,...

Comment

When i convert a UT2k4 map ,it says :

"D:\Programm Files\UT 2004\System\UCC.exe
                    was unable to extract map to .t3d file.
                    Failed to find object `Class Any.batchexport` "

I think its because i have a x64 operating system and the UCC.exe is x86
                    I tried to rename the UCC-win64.exe in UCC.exe and then it works ,no error
                    but also no convertion.....^^

Comment

Now I have put UT2004 Demo and tried to convert DM-Rankin, it did, but when I imported that to UT3 and made the map, anything is in black and I can only see the machine gun and it says 'Lighting needs to be rebuilt'. What to do here ?

Comment

Do a rebuild all or 2.

Comment

What would you say the world-scale difference between 2k4 and UT3 is? BTW. This is great.

Comment

is there a way of putting a option where we can select what static meshes we want, sometime i only want to use a single static insted of everything?

Comment

First let me say excellent converter program

But I have a few problems with the format of the static mesh .ase files that are exported from the converter.
                              I use “3D object converter” & "gw obj import" to make the StaticMeshes importable into “3ds max9” Via Wavefront .Obj Format as tha max importer is rubish.

The conversion process is intolerant & errors occur in the conversion process. The problems are

1.) That the .ase files are in dos text format not windows which I must convert to using office 2003

2.) The converters refuse to convert the .ase files with the headers you have placed at the beginning. I have to remove all the headers spaces and line breaks to convert. You can place them all in the comments

3.) The last is MATERIAL_COUNT is set to “0” and should be set to 1
                              Otherwise it reverts to the default material in max on inport and I loose all the Multi/Sub-Object materials that were assigned to the model.

Correct Example

*MATERIAL_COUNT 1
                              *MATERIAL 0 {
                              *MATERIAL_NAME "Default Material"
                              *MATERIAL_CLASS "Multi/Sub-Object"

I have overcome most of the obstacles to import into max by manually editing the .ase files it just becomes very difficult converting 40+ ase files in one go. Also the files are still compatible with epics editor.

Hope this helps people wanting to import the StaticMeshes into a modelling application. And improving your converter.

Comment

Thalos
                                If you are going to import the mesh's into Max anyways you might want to do this.

Open UEd3 twice.

In the first open the map you want to get the static mesh's from.
                                select one SM and copy it [control-c] then right click the same mesh and [Select->Matching Static Meshes] and delete.

Now in the second UEd3 subtract a cube dead center of the map, that is large enough to hold the largest mesh, and paste the copied mesh here.
                                Be sure to write the name of the mesh down as you will need it later.

When there are no more static meshes you are done.

When you have all the meshes you want export the map as an obj.
                                you can now import this file into Max.

When in Max delete the cube, then using the object lister (I do not use Max so I am not sure what to call it) start at the top and start naming the objects in the order you pasted them into the map.

I do this with Maya and have no trouble.
                                To keep things organized I do this one package at a time.
                                All the UV's on the meshes are maintained doing it this way.

If you want to export textures you can try this.

I placed 2 .bat files in my texture folder and exported everything out.

The first batch file contained this.
                                Code:
                                exporttex.bat
                                C:\UT2004\System\ucc batchexport C:\UT2004\Textures\%1.utx Texture DDS D:\Textures\%1
                                Change this "C:\UT2004\Textures\%1.utx" to reflect where your texture folder is located.
                                And change this "D:\Textures\%1" to reflect where you want the exported files to go.

The second batch file has a list of the .utx files minus the .utx extension that you want to export.
                                Each line of the second file is in the form of "call exporttex filename"
                                Code:
                                call exporttex 1Torlanights
                                call exporttex 2K4Chargers
                                call exporttex 2K4Fonts
                                call exporttex 2k4Fonts_kot
                                call exporttex 2K4Hud
                                call exporttex 2K4Menus
                                call exporttex 2K4reducedTEXTURES
                                call exporttex 2K4TrophyTEX
                                call exporttex AbaddonArchitecture-epic
                                call exporttex AbaddonArchitecture
                                call exporttex AbaddonHardwareBrush
                                call exporttex AbaddonTerrain
                                call exporttex AdvancedArmor_Tex
                                By executing the second batchfile each file has its DDS Images exported to a folder with the same name as the .utx file they were exported from.

To Convert or view the exported files I use DXTBmp that can be found here

By using a little trickery involving Context and FrontPage I exported every DDS texture in my texture folder resulting in over 3 gig of textures being exported.

Comment

Working...
                                X