No announcement yet.

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do the ut2004 maps get exported to?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUT View Post
      Where do the ut2004 maps get exported to?
      it's written at the end of the conversion, it says where you can find the .t3d file.
      Check File->Configure->Conversion->OutputFolder
      .t3d files are stored into <OutputFolder>/UT3Map

Comment

New version!
        V0.1:
        Added: StaticMesh conversion! (No collision volumes and texturing yet)-UT2004

StaticMeshes are exported from .usx packages to .t3d files then converted to .ase format (3D Studio ASCII files).
        Note:
        texturing of static meshes is not yet ported
        staticmeshes have no collision volume yet
        The staticmesh conversion is kinda slow (depends how many staticmeshes are into the map)

Will work on staticmeshes texturing and collision now
        I'm also thinking about converting terraininfo actors, as well as vehicles

Comment

Wow! Static mesh conversion. Very Cool addition! Thanks again for a great tool!

Comment

Will work on staticmeshes texturing and collision now
            I'm also thinking about converting terraininfo actors, as well as vehicles, any mode idea?

That would be cool because it might be possible to convert your typical ONS map to the WARFARE gametype. It will probably also require converting the power nodes from UT2004 (i.e. Team and neutral nodes) to the UT3 counterparts. I am not sure if you will be able to convert the link setup (i.e. travel from node a to b to c) but I am sure that can be done manually in UT3 fairly quickly. Terrain might be done by a simple export of the terrain heightmap from UT2004 and import into UT3. While it will not get the decolayers or foilage type meshes converted, it would be a great starting point.

Comment

As said staticmeshes are not textured yet:
              Here are some staticmeshes ported, when i use the converter for AS-TempleOfTrial-v4 (UT2004):
              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

BTW, I noticed on my latest round of map conversion that textures in the MYLEVEL.utx file do seem to get converted. Did I do something wrong?

Also, does your program convert static meshes contained in user made custom packages?
                I have some maps that do this and some that have meshes installed inside the map itself.

Comment

Originally posted by DemoMan2 View Post
                  BTW, I noticed on my latest round of map conversion that textures in the MYLEVEL.utx file do seem to get converted. Did I do something wrong?

Also, does your program convert static meshes contained in user made custom packages?
                  I have some maps that do this and some that have meshes installed inside the map itself.
                  yes, you are right, it wasn't implemented yet.
                  I just added it 30mn ago, download the new file (haven't changed number version).
                  Tell me if it's working good or not. Normally should be ok.
                  V0.11:
                  Fixed texture scaling and alignement for StaticMeshes!

Comment

i still have the issue with the lights getting super bright every when i reload the map. when i first rebuild it all the lights look fine but when i save it and close the editor and open it back up all the light are crazy bright. is there a way to fix this????

Comment

what program can one use to create meterial for the static meshes? For beginniers though ?

Comment

Hello Again,
                        I just tried out version .11 on my killer level (i.e. Fragtown-Hillsdale) and here's what happened.

Static Meshes
                        Mesh geometry seems to be converting over well. They seem to be having some trouble with final map positioning (i.e. final position, rotation, yaw, pitch and scaling within the map). However, the good news is that the converter does seem to be reading my custom mesh packages and converting those over to UT3 (i.e. my Billboards, Fences and Telephone poles for my city themed ut2004 level).

Textures
                        I am still having trouble getting these into the maps properly (i.e. My fault). I need to spend some quality time doing this some more before I can give you some good feedback in this area of the conversion program. More to come, stay tuned to this station for more details.....

Pathnodes
                        These seem to have disappeared in the last two versions. I suspect that you commented that section of the code out for testing purposes and it just needs to be re-activated. Used to do that myself for many years of creating custom programming for various clients.

You might want to consider creating a small beta group of testers (i.e. 5 - 7 people) who can give you some feedback on your software. For what it's worth, I think your doing a great job on what it a very difficult and complex problem to solve. I've looked at the .td3 source and it's pretty complex even for simple levels. Hang in there, and I'll try to keep giving you some feedback on my feeble efforts on level conversion.

Cheers

P.S. My level Fragtown-Hiilsdale is a city themed level that contains custom textures and meshes but no terrain actors. This makes the level an idea choice for trying out the converter at this time. When you get to terrain conversion, I got some terrain levels and it will be fun seeing if we can get those rascals converted over to UT3.

Comment

For the guy who wanted to know what a good program is to create static meshes, here's a surprise.....

I use the Editor in UT2004. That's right, it can be used to create static meshes!!

However, there is a trick to doing it this way. First, you can not use any subtractive brushes when building the source for the new mesh (i.e. you want to build an elevator). Also, don't overlap any brushes since the program will have trouble figuring which brush has priority over the other. Once your finished, select the brushes and use the option in UT2004 to save selection as a mesh. Now, why did I do it this way, you ask? Simple. I couldn't afford the time to learn those fancy programs like Maya, 3DMax or Lightwave and secondly, I couldn't afford them in the first place. So, you can give these ideas a try in UT3 and see if they work.

Interesting Side Note:

Did you know that prefabs work in UT3? I didn't until I tried it the other week. It's very cool since you can include static meshes, BSP brushes, Pathnodes and Lights in a Prefab actor. This is great for building things that you might use over and over again in a level like a Streetlight for a level. Give it a try......

Comment

Originally posted by theadvanced1 View Post
                            i still have the issue with the lights getting super bright every when i reload the map. when i first rebuild it all the lights look fine but when i save it and close the editor and open it back up all the light are crazy bright. is there a way to fix this????
                            Yes this is an important problem. For the moment i have no idea where it comes from. You better delete all lights and make yours. Will work back on lightning later.

Hello Again,
                            Static Meshes
                            Mesh geometry seems to be converting over well. They seem to be having some trouble with final map positioning (i.e. final position, rotation, yaw, pitch and scaling within the map).
                            Thx for info will dig into the .t3d files to see where the problem comes from.

Hello Again,
                            Textures
                            I am still having trouble getting these into the maps properly (i.e. My fault). I need to spend some quality time doing this some more before I can give you some good feedback in this area of the conversion program. More to come, stay tuned to this station for more details.....
                            I notices the myLevel textures are exported but then deleted (just need a little fix)

Pathnodes
                            These seem to have disappeared in the last two versions. I suspect that you commented that section of the code out for testing purposes and it just needs to be re-activated. Used to do that myself for many years of creating custom programming for various clients.
                            Yes you are right .Will activate it back for next version.

Thx for support guys.

For next version:
                            StaticMeshes texturing at least

Comment

Static Meshes look awsome, but how do I apply the the right meterial to it, is there a way to convert it to brush and back to static mesh???

Comment

Nice program!

I have same problems with static meshes and the right positioning. Also some meshes are not scaled right.

Why some static mesh packages are exported and some not? What about the static meshes that are contained in the map itself (myLevel)? They dont export for the moment.

Code:
                                1/18----->,ScaleMultiplier=(X=(Min=0....Error: Some meshes couldn't be exported.
                                2/18----->,ScaleMultiplier=(X=(Min=2....Error: Some meshes couldn't be exported.
                                3/18----->ONS-Bionyx....Error: Some meshes couldn't be exported.
                                4/18----->BenTropicalSM01....Done
                                5/18----->SG_LO_meshes....Done
                                6/18----->Pipe_Static....Done
                                7/18----->TowerStatic....Done
                                8/18----->CP_Nightmare1_Epic....Done
                                9/18----->AntalusStatic....Done
                                10/18----->ArboreaLanscape....Done
                                11/18----->str_plant_meshes....Done
                                12/18----->AbaddonHardware....Done
                                13/18----->BenMesh02....Done
                                14/18----->XGame_rc....Error: Some meshes couldn't be exported.
                                15/18----->HourAdara....Error: Some meshes couldn't be exported.
                                16/18----->2k4ChargerMeshes....Done
                                17/18----->ONSFullStaticMeshes....Done
                                18/18----->StreamlineTakeOff1....Error: Some meshes couldn't be exported.
                                Deleting unused files...53039.0Kb have been saved!

4031.0Kb of StaticMeshes have been exported
                                No .t3d->.ase conversion yet available, check futures versions of UT3 converter!
                                Converting StaticMeshes to 3D Studio Max Ascii Export Format (.ase)...
                                0/27--->AntRockAHigh.t3d...(Est. Time:12.8776 s)..Done!
                                Estimated conversion rate: 51.84219 Kb/sec
                                1/27--->AntStoneC.t3d...(Est. Time:1.732122 s)..Done!
                                2/27--->AntTalon.t3d...(Est. Time:3.575659 s)..Done!
                                3/27--->Arches.fogring1.t3d...(Est. Time:0.20346363 s)..Done!
                                4/27--->ChargerMeshes.HealthChargerMESH-DS.t3d...(Est. Time:2.283044 s)..Done!
                                5/27--->ChargerMeshes.WeaponChargerMesh-DS.t3d...(Est. Time:3.2365339 s)..Done!
                                6/27--->Cliff02.t3d...(Est. Time:3.081409 s)..java.util.NoSuchElementException
                                	at java.util.StringTokenizer.nextToken(Unknown Source)
                                	at ut3converter.UT3ConverterT3DToASE.T3DToASEFile(UT3ConverterT3DToASE.java:52)
                                	at ut3converter.UT3ConverterExportStaticMeshes.UT3ConverterExportSM(UT3ConverterExportStaticMeshes.java:135)
                                	at ut3converter.UT3ConverterExportT3D.UT3ConverterExportT3D(UT3ConverterExportT3D.java:100)
                                	at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2.jbtnNextMouseClicked(UT3ConverterConvertBox2.java:784)
                                	at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2.access$100(UT3ConverterConvertBox2.java:29)
                                	at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2$3.mouseClicked(UT3ConverterConvertBox2.java:660)
                                	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                                	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                                	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
                                For the terrain. Its easy to manually ex- and import the heightmap of terrain to UT3. It would be nice if your program can re-texture it and restore decolayers position.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X