No announcement yet.

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea the 23b version works much better. I'm still having problems with the buttons not doing anything after clicking them (2nd or 3rd time clicking Next and it finally goes).

I noticed the scale feature isn't there anymore, but the level I ported came out really huge in the ut3 editor...like the stairs were so big you couldn't walk up them, does it auto scale now or am I missing something?

P.S. TY for all your work, this will make a lot of people's lives a lot easier

Comment

Ok, I got the UT2004 directory squared away and the program seems to be working fine. I may have discovered an interesting issue with the map I created since it used it's own .UTX file called "Bpo-Materials.utx" and not "Mylevel.utx". It appears that all of the textures names came through but the file sizes as "0" in size. It there a manual command that I can enter into UCC that will extract the textures? Also, if your interested, I can send you some interesting maps that I have made so you can test your program with them. I've been a map builder for a long time and probably have about anything you can imagine for "Troublesome" map conversions.......

BTW, thanks again for the tool. I got 4 maps already converted with your previous versions and If you like to have some "FUN" for a change I can send them to you so you can blast away those frustrations from programming on the bots. The "BOTS" have been programmed to put up a good fight so I hope your ready!

Comment

Here's some more observations from my latest attempts at level conversions with version 0.0023b

1.) Playerstarts no longer seem to be converted. I seem to recall that you had this working in previous versions. Did I do something wrong here?

2.) Simple volumes (i.e. water, slime, lava and ladder) do not convert. Would be a nice addition in future versions of program.

3.) Sometimes a brush does not convert properly from ut2004 to ut3. At first, I thought that this might be limited to the first brush in the map (usually a major subtraction brush) but this might not be the case.

4.) Some textures come out black.

Some possible solutions

A.) Texture file size of 0 (i.e. see previous post). This could be caused in my case because I used a custom texture with a "DETAIL" added on to the main texture. An example would be a simple wall with a "Stucco" pattern added as a detail texture onto the main wall texture. Some UT and UT2004 textures use this to simulate wood grain, metal or even dirt texturing. It's an option once you get a texture imported into UT99 or UT2004. If you need some more info on where to find this just let me know and I will dig up some more info for you.

B.) Black Textures. This seems to be caused when a surface in UT99 or UT2004 has had a special flag set. The most common ones are "SKYBOX" and "SPECIAL LITE". Skybox ones are easy to spot but special lite ones are used to highlight a texture. I used this in one of my maps to highlight signs in a city map that I built a while back. I posted some suggestions on how to set the conversion flags for UT3 to this forum a while back so you might want to check that out and see if it works.

If I help in any way please just ask. I think you got a great thing going here and I admit I personally would love to play "DM-Zeto" from UT99 again!!!!

Comment

New version!
          V0.024:
          Added: Semi-automatic texture port for Unreal Tournament
          Added back: playerstart imports

Note:
          The texture export (.utx->.pcx) fails for some texture packages but users can export them manually with editor.
          Code:
          Analyzing unexported textures ...
          13 textures couldn't be exported. You'll have to export them manually within the UT map editor.
          0---> bmetalbase
          1---> bmpanels8
          2---> bmFloor2
          3---> bmwall3d
          4---> bmdirtyt
          5---> bmFloor4
          6---> nmceiling5
          7---> pmbfloor-D
          8---> nbtrim3
          9---> inxmars1
          10---> inxmars3
          11---> bmFloor
          12---> Nebula1
          These textures can be found amoung these packages:
          [UTtech1, GenIn, GenFX, JWSky, GenFluid, SkyCity, XbpFX]
          A very few textures make the UT3 editor crash while importing them (.pcx->Package.upk)

Originally posted by DemoMan2 View Post

1.) Playerstarts no longer seem to be converted. I seem to recall that you had this working in previous versions. Did I do something wrong here?
          Yes it had been removed but now it's back (not activated by default)

2.) Simple volumes (i.e. water, slime, lava and ladder) do not convert. Would be a nice addition in future versions of program.
          I had been working on it 2 months ago but that caused some infinite loops. Will work back on it soon.

3.) Sometimes a brush does not convert properly from ut2004 to ut3. At first, I thought that this might be limited to the first brush in the map (usually a major subtraction brush) but this might not be the case.
          Yes some brushes do not port correctly and i have no idea why

4.) Some textures come out black.
          Need select all surfaces->F5->Enable Lights = true
          Some possible solutions

A.) Texture file size of 0 (i.e. see previous post). This could be caused in my case because I used a custom texture with a "DETAIL" added on to the main texture. An example would be a simple wall with a "Stucco" pattern added as a detail texture onto the main wall texture. Some UT and UT2004 textures use this to simulate wood grain, metal or even dirt texturing. It's an option once you get a texture imported into UT99 or UT2004. If you need some more info on where to find this just let me know and I will dig up some more info for you.
          i think it's because currently the program exports only .dds textures (compressed) so uncompressed textures are not yes available

B.) Black Textures. This seems to be caused when a surface in UT99 or UT2004 has had a special flag set. The most common ones are "SKYBOX" and "SPECIAL LITE".
          Maybe ..

Comment

Wow! Boy do you work fast!! I play with a map convert for a few hours and look what happens! Thanks again!

Comment

lol DemoMan, I also messed around with Zeto in the convertor (just to see how it worked, I'm not good enough to actually complete it).

Would love to see a good Zeto remake

Comment

New version!
                V0.03:
                Changed: made lightning import optional
                Added:
                Unreal Tournament:
                Pickups:
                JumpBoots,Thighpads,Invisibility,UT_Invisibility,S hieldBelt,PowerBelt,
                PowerShield,Armor,Health,HealthPack,MedBox,Bandage s,NaliFruit,
                Weapons: ut_biorifle,UT_Eightball,UT_Flakcannon,PulseGun,Sn iperRifle,minigun2,
                WarheadLauncher
                Ammo:
                BioAmmo, RifleShell, FlakAmmo, ShockCore, RocketPack, Pammo, Miniammo, BulletBox, LinkAmmoPickup

Unreal Tournament 2004:
                Weapons: xWeaponbase,WeaponLocker

Comment

What can I say but, I love that old level. Maybe I will give it a try a conversion with the newest version of the converter. Might be interesting...

Comment

Thanks for a great app, but there seems to be a problem with the order of operations. It states after converting the UT2004 map, to create a new subtractive map, import all of your textures, then to import the t3d file. I spent hours exporting all of the textures from UT2004 ED and importing them into UT3 ED. I then just about put my foot through a wall just to see that when I imported the t3d file that the map came in with out any textures applied (no big deal) and that when I went to view the textures in the generic browser to start applying, THEY WERE ALL GONE. What's the deal with that? Is this a known bug, or should have I imported the t3d file then imported all of my textures?
                    -Cruce

Comment

Originally posted by aCruceSalus View Post
                      Thanks for a great app, but there seems to be a problem with the order of operations. It states after converting the UT2004 map, to create a new subtractive map, import all of your textures, then to import the t3d file. I spent hours exporting all of the textures from UT2004 ED and importing them into UT3 ED. I then just about put my foot through a wall just to see that when I imported the t3d file that the map came in with out any textures applied (no big deal) and that when I went to view the textures in the generic browser to start applying, THEY WERE ALL GONE. What's the deal with that? Is this a known bug, or should have I imported the t3d file then imported all of my textures?
                      -Cruce
                      yes u need to first import textures but but package=filename of map + creatematerial = true?
                      Once you have done this, u need to go to the generic browser and double click on all new materials created then move the texture panel a little bit and then the close the material window .You will be asked if you want to apply the material changes to the world/map. Press ok. So the grey default material sphere will become textured. Once you have done this for all material, import the .td3 file and rebuild. By default even if materials are auto created, they are not activated, this is the way the editor works, that sux but well that's it!
                      Note, u musn't save your map until you have imported the t3d file or else the UT editor will remove all unused ressource, which means, the materials ...

Comment

yes u need to first import textures but but package=filename of map + creatematerial = true?
                        Can you please, please explain this for clue tards like myself?

How do I import the textures? That step is *very* vague.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post
                          Can you please, please explain this for clue tards like myself?

How do I import the textures? That step is *very* vague.
                          Open Generice Browser, then File->Import:
                          If your map filename is CTF-MyMap.ut2
                          then key in these information for import:
                          Package: CTF-MyMap
                          CreateMaterial?: true

Comment

When I go to the generic browser, and click file->Import, I get a file open dialog with these options: *.dae, *.bmp, *.pcx, *.tga, *.float, *.psd, *.t3d, *.psk, *.wav, *.spd, *.ase, *.bik.

There is no option for my '.ut2' file like you describe. Sorry, I'm still lost You mean .ut3? Also, the exported textures are .dds. Does UE3 import dds? I don't think it does.

Thank you so much for this wonderful tool, btw. Even without textures it's a huge help.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post
                              When I go to the generic browser, and click file->Import, I get a file open dialog with these options: *.dae, *.bmp, *.pcx, *.tga, *.float, *.psd, *.t3d, *.psk, *.wav, *.spd, *.ase, *.bik.

There is no option for my '.ut2' file like you describe. Sorry, I'm still lost You mean .ut3? Also, the exported textures are .dds. Does UE3 import dds? I don't think it does.

Thank you so much for this wonderful tool, btw. Even without textures it's a huge help.
                              Allright more info then:
                              Let's say you have ported CTF-Face to UT3.
                              When the conversion is done, the .t3d file is here:
                              OutputFolder+//UT3Map
                              Which means if you have set output folder to c:\ (configuration panel), you will find CTF-Face.t3d file in c:\ut3map\ctf-face.t3d
                              As for the textures they can be found in :
                              c:\ut3map\textures

So in order to import textures, u need to go to this folder and select all .bmp (UT99) or .psd (for UT2004 ported map) textures when doing File->Import with the UT3 editor.
                              Note: the import of .psd files is much slower than the .bmp files.
                              I tried to convert .dds files to .bmp but the color rendered is totally different as the original texture

Comment

Ok, thank you soo much for you help! I think I have it working now ...

My problem was not your instructions. I tried converting twice, once with v022 of the converter, and then with the v4. The first time with v022 created a bunch of .dds files and that's what confused me. I was looking in the wrong folders

Comment

Working...
                                X