Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DemoMan2 View Post
    Hi,
    I tried your new version V0.023 and got this strange error message
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
    at ut3converter.UT3ConverterApp.startup(UT3ConverterA pp.java:26)

Got any ideas what I did wrong? The last working version of your program for me was version V0.019 and I have converted a few maps with version V0.017 and earlier. Also, any hope for terrain conversion in future versions of your program? If the height map can come over, I can always rebuild the deco layers in UT3. Thanks in Advance
    it seems u haven't latest version of JAVA, do you have Java 1.6 installed on your computer?
    As for the terrain conversion, i'll work on it but for the moment i'm focusing on improving lightning. This might be possible to convert terraininfo actors, not sure yet,i'll give it a try.

Comment

i get this error saying:

F:\Program Files\UT2004\System\UCC.exe
      was unable to extract map to .t3d file.
      Failed to find object 'Calss Any.F:\Program Files\UT2004\maps\DM-IronDeity.ut2'

???????????????

i did all the configuring right and set the output to my documents and i have the latest java 1.6 too.
      no clue why its not working

Comment

Originally posted by theadvanced1 View Post
        i get this error saying:

F:\Program Files\UT2004\System\UCC.exe
        was unable to extract map to .t3d file.
        Failed to find object 'Calss Any.F:\Program Files\UT2004\maps\DM-IronDeity.ut2'

???????????????

i did all the configuring right and set the output to my documents and i have the latest java 1.6 too.
        no clue why its not working
        hmm it's because the filepath of your map has a space in it
        "Program Files". I'm going to check what's wrong and give u updated program for this kind of problem.

Comment

cool thanks for the feed back. ill try just reinstalling ut2k4 in its initial file path wich is just in the c: drive

Comment

hmm that's weird i put a map in a folder with space and it's working for me:
            Code:
            ********** .ut2,.unr -> .t3d (unconverted) ************
            E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System\UCC.exe batchexport "E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\The Map\AS-Do-Life-Trials.ut2" Level t3d C:\Users\hyperion\Documents\UT3Map
            Loading package E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\The Map\AS-Do-Life-Trials.ut2...
            Exported Level AS-Do-Life-Trials.myLevel to C:\Users\hyperion\Documents\UT3Map\myLevel.t3d
            Success - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
            UCC export done!
            hmm ...

what do you have in the log window?
            Update: yes got the error for upper folder wth space of the Unreal Tournament 2004 folder.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
              hmm it's because the filepath of your map has a space in it
              "Program Files". I'm going to check what's wrong and give u updated program for this kind of problem.
              ok i tried it again, it didnt give me that one error message but it didnt make an output file and its made this error text document:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\Jordan\My Documents\UT3Map\myLevel.t3d (The system cannot find the file specified)
              at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
              at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at ut3converter.converter.converter.GetMapName(conver ter.java:130)
              at ut3converter.converter.converter.Convert(converter .java:457)
              at ut3converter.UT3ConverterExportT3D.UT3ConverterExp ortT3D(UT3ConverterExportT3D.java:93)
              at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2.jbtnNextMouse Clicked(UT3ConverterConvertBox2.java:620)
              at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2.access$100(UT 3ConverterConvertBox2.java:28)
              at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2$3.mouseClicke d(UT3ConverterConvertBox2.java:514)
              at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
              at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent( Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(U nknown Source)
              at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unkno wn Source)
              at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

does it have something to do with the version of unreal or the default input folder or the output folder??? i just cant figure out what im doing wrong

Comment

YESSS! i got it to work man, i made the output folder file path with no spaces and i have 3 .t3d files in the folder called UT3map and a mylevel.t3d file outside of it is that suposed to be right??

Comment

Ok, I upgraded to Java 1.6 from 1.5

Looks like it's starting to work. Program fires up and attempts map conversion but now I get this message

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
                  at ut3converter.UT3ConverterApp.startup(UT3ConverterA pp.java:26)
                  at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Applica tion.java:171)
                  at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
                  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierar chy(Unknown Source)
                  E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System\UCC.exe batchexport "C:\Games\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\Maps\DM-Bpo-CommunicationArray.ut2" Level t3d C:\Users\hyperion\UT3Map
                  java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System\UCC.exe": CreateProcess error=21, The device is not ready
                  at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
                  at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
                  at ut3converter.UT3ConverterExportT3D.UT3ConverterExp ortT3D(UT3ConverterExportT3D.java:53)
                  at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2.jbtnNextMouse Clicked(UT3ConverterConvertBox2.java:620)
                  at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2.access$100(UT 3ConverterConvertBox2.java:28)
                  at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2$3.mouseClicke d(UT3ConverterConvertBox2.java:514)
                  Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=21, The device is not ready
                  at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
                  at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
                  at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
                  ... 30 more
                  Cannot run program "E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System\UCC.exe": CreateProcess error=21, The device is not ready
                  youpi!
                  ********* Map Title Search ********
                  java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\hyperion\UT3Map\myLevel.t3d (The system cannot find the path specified)
                  at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
                  at ut3converter.converter.converter.GetMapName(conver ter.java:130)
                  at ut3converter.converter.converter.Convert(converter .java:457)
                  at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2.jbtnNextMouse Clicked(UT3ConverterConvertBox2.java:653)
                  Feb 4, 2008 1:52:52 PM org.jdesktop.application.SessionStorage restoreTree
                  WARNING: No saved state for javax.swing.JTabbedPane[jTabbedPane1,10,11,494x286,layout=javax.swing.plaf .basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI$TabbedPaneLayout,alignmen tX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=201326944,maxi mumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=,haveRegistere d=false,tabPlacement=TOP]
                  Feb 4, 2008 1:55:01 PM org.jdesktop.application.SessionStorage restoreTree
                  WARNING: No saved state for javax.swing.JTable[jTable1,0,0,361x0,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,bo rder=,flags=251658568,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,pr eferredSize=,autoCreateColumnsFromModel=true,autoR esizeMode=AUTO_RESIZE_SUBSEQUENT_COLUMNS,cellSelec tionEnabled=false,editingColumn=-1,editingRow=-1,gridColor=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResource[r=128,g=128,b=128],preferredViewportSize=java.awt.Dimension[width=450,height=400],rowHeight=16,rowMargin=1,rowSelectionAllowed=true ,selectionBackground=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResou rce[r=10,g=36,b=106],selectionForeground=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResou rce[r=255,g=255,b=255],showHorizontalLines=true,showVerticalLines=true]
                  E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System\UCC.exe batchexport "C:\Games\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\Maps\DM-Bpo-CommunicationArray.ut2" Level t3d C:\Games\UT3Converter-v023\UT3Map
                  java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System\UCC.exe": CreateProcess error=21, The device is not ready
                  at ut3converter.UT3ConverterExportT3D.UT3ConverterExp ortT3D(UT3ConverterExportT3D.java:53)
                  ... 30 more
                  Cannot run program "E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System\UCC.exe": CreateProcess error=21, The device is not ready
                  Feb 4, 2008 1:56:19 PM org.jdesktop.application.SessionStorage restoreTree
                  WARNING: No saved state for javax.swing.JTable[jTable1,0,0,361x0,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,bo rder=,flags=251658568,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,pr eferredSize=,autoCreateColumnsFromModel=true,autoR esizeMode=AUTO_RESIZE_SUBSEQUENT_COLUMNS,cellSelec tionEnabled=false,editingColumn=-1,editingRow=-1,gridColor=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResource[r=128,g=128,b=128],preferredViewportSize=java.awt.Dimension[width=450,height=400],rowHeight=16,rowMargin=1,rowSelectionAllowed=true ,selectionBackground=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResou rce[r=10,g=36,b=106],selectionForeground=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResou rce[r=255,g=255,b=255],showHorizontalLines=true,showVerticalLines=true]
                  E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System\UCC.exe batchexport "C:\Games\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\Maps\DM-Bpo-CommunicationArray.ut2" Level t3d C:\Games\UT3Converter-v023\UT3Map
                  ... 30 more
                  E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System\UCC.exe batchexport "C:\Games\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\Maps\DM-Bpo-Fragtown-HillsDale.ut2" Level t3d C:\Games\UT3Converter-v023\UT3Map
                  ... 30 more

I hope this is not Greek to you. Looks like it can't find UCC.exe program. It's in the directory so I don't know what it's trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DemoMan2 View Post
                    E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System\UCC.exe batchexport "C:\Games\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\Maps\DM-Bpo-CommunicationArray.ut2" Level t3d C:\Users\hyperion\UT3Map
                    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\System\UCC.exe".
                    you haven't set the correct folder for UT2004.
                    Menu: File->Configuration, select your ut2004 folder:
                    "C:\Games\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\"
                    you have set wrong folder ""E:\UnrealAnthology\UT2004\" that's y it does not work.
                    I'll add lot of checks on futures versions to make sure the program have all settings good to start conversion.

Comment

xtremexp, thanks for the help man... anyways as far as the lighting goes, did you figure out the re-open lighting problem, where all the lights turns white and bright rather then the original colour it had?

Comment

i have an issue with lights. when i first import the t3d file and build its looks just fine. but then when i save it and close it then re open the editor and reload the file the lights get all goofy, the turn really really bright and some have a D/S icon instead of an S

again it only appears like this when i reload to map in the editor when i first build it everything looks just fine

Comment

Originally posted by theadvanced1 View Post
                          i have an issue with lights. when i first import the t3d file and build its looks just fine. but then when i save it and close it then re open the editor and reload the file the lights get all goofy, the turn really really bright and some have a D/S icon instead of an S

again it only appears like this when i reload to map in the editor when i first build it everything looks just fine
                          That's what i was talking about, see, what I also got was, when i re open the map and i select all lights and copy them (ALT+Drag) instead of being the colour they must be they revert to white and default radius,

I have made a new pointlight next to another and gave it the colour it must be and set the setting like the original light and deleted the original, rebuild and boom... got the orriginal effect, closed UnrealED reopened the map, and guess what, the re-made lights are still working... but does this meen i must redo 200+ lights

If that's what it takes then off I go (luckily all the lights with the same colours has the same settings, so it'll be mostly configure one and copy)

Comment

Originally posted by TheRalfZer0 View Post
                            That's what i was talking about, see, what I also got was, when i re open the map and i select all lights and copy them (ALT+Drag) instead of being the colour they must be they revert to white and default radius,

I have made a new pointlight next to another and gave it the colour it must be and set the setting like the original light and deleted the original, rebuild and boom... got the orriginal effect, closed UnrealED reopened the map, and guess what, the re-made lights are still working... but does this meen i must redo 200+ lights

If that's what it takes then off I go (luckily all the lights with the same colours has the same settings, so it'll be mostly configure one and copy)
                            yea i was kind of planning on re doing all the lights anyways for the level im remaking (DM-IronDiety) becuase some areas are really dark or solid black, just sucks because there are so many lights and it will take a while

Comment

Please someone remake DM-Antalus

Comment

Hmm i get this error
                                I have the newsest Java installed.

Code:
                                Feb 5, 2008 4:25:37 PM org.jdesktop.application.SessionStorage restoreTree
                                WARNING: No saved state for javax.swing.JTable[jTable1,0,0,363x0,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=251658568,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=,autoCreateColumnsFromModel=true,autoResizeMode=AUTO_RESIZE_SUBSEQUENT_COLUMNS,cellSelectionEnabled=false,editingColumn=-1,editingRow=-1,gridColor=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResource[r=128,g=128,b=128],preferredViewportSize=java.awt.Dimension[width=450,height=400],rowHeight=16,rowMargin=1,rowSelectionAllowed=true,selectionBackground=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResource[r=49,g=106,b=197],selectionForeground=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResource[r=255,g=255,b=255],showHorizontalLines=true,showVerticalLines=true]
                                F:\XP Games\UT2004\System\UCC.exe batchexport "F:\XP Games\UT2004\Maps\DM-Corrugation.ut2" Level t3d "C:\Documents and Settings\Coldfire\Desktop\UT3Map"
                                Failed to find object 'Class Any.F:\XP Games\UT2004\Maps\DM-Corrugation.ut2'

History: UObject::StaticFindObjectChecked <- UBatchExportCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
                                nvm reinstalled 2k4 now it doens't give errors :P

Comment

Working...
                                X