Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't have any error with it.
    I think you had the error because the program has some problem yet to use twice the convertor (2 times with one launch of the program). Try relaunching program

Here's what i got.

Code:
    E:\UnrealAnthology\UnrealTournament\System\UCC.exe batchexport E:\UnrealAnthology\UnrealTournament\Maps\DOM-Ghardhen.unr Level t3d C:\Users\hyperion\Documents\UT3Map
    Loading package E:\UnrealAnthology\UnrealTournament\Maps\DOM-Ghardhen.unr...
    Exported Level DOM-Ghardhen.MyLevel to C:\Users\hyperion\Documents\UT3Map\MyLevel.t3d
    Success - 0 error(s), 0 warnings
    Ghardhen
    Map Title: Ghardhen
    Output UT3 t3d file: C:\Users\hyperion\Documents\UT3Map
    C:\Users\hyperion\Documents\UT3Map\UT3MAPPORT.t3d

Comment

Great job! i didnt realise you could do this sorta stuff hpy.

Comment

it still doenst work.
        see, when i try to convert it, it saves the UT99 t3d file in "C:\Dokumente" but i configured it to use "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\unrealed\Desktop"

your aplication extracts the ut99 file to "C:\Dokumente" only and when its trying to convert this file to a UT3 t3d file, it suppose this file to be in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\unrealed\Desktop\"

Comment

aLeX, read the whole thread, you can't use folders with spaces in them, that's already been established.

However, it still gives a lot of errors when importing the t3d file, and is missing architecture. Also the buttons tend to not work the first time you push them, hard to tell when it's actually doing something.

Comment

Nope doesn't work at all for me...

I went into UnrelED selected all brushes, transformed permanently and saved it as a different name, but when i want to convert, i get this:

Also when i want to port UT2K4 maps I get no output, no message and yes, i dont have it in folders with spaces and I am Administrator

Program: C:\UT3Conv
            T3D Output: C:\Users\hyperion\UT3Map

**This happens on Unreal, UnrealII and UT99 Maps**

I have Unreal Anthology and I'm running windows XP.

I got one map to work (ut99), but that same lighting problem, almost everything is black?

I rebuilded the whole map twice but nope, no hope...

Here is what i meen, all is in same view-angle, First is in editor Second is In-Game

even if i do apply textures, it doesn't change a thing

when you save the progress, lighting is some part that is visable looks awsome, but reopening the map to contineu editing everything is as bright as hell... even if the light is blue it shows as bright-in-your-face white, (after rebuild and texture applying)

Comment

Thx for support i was able to solve the problems you described.
              New version:
              V0.022:
              Fixed: Convertion failure with filename paths with space (e.g.:"C:\Documents And Settings");
              Fixed: Convertion Panel, can now keep using program and convert 2 maps without having 2 relaunch it.
              Fixed: Unreal 1 map imports, only support .t3d file import (no .unr support)

Originally posted by TheRalfZer0 View Post
              Nope doesn't work at all for me...
              I got one map to work (ut99), but that same lighting problem, almost everything is black?
              Try changiing the light type in UnrealED. I'm going to try to find the optimal settings for the lights for future version. The lightning system is quite a bit different in UT3 than in other UTx games.

Comment

have not tested the new version but thank you for the update again

if users expect black surfaces after rebuild in UT3 editor, they usually have to select all surfaces and have to change the lightning-properties (options "Accept Lightning", "Accept Dynamic Lights", "Force Lightmap" have to be checked)

i found another bug in the lighning-system and made a solution for it. currently after converting a UT99 t3d-file to a UT3 t3d-file, the lighning doesnt work correctly when imported into your UT3 map.

right after the import and rebuild at the UT3editor, the lighning looks fine and Radius,Color work correct, but if you save your map and reopen it after, all lights lost theier Radius and Color.. they will be reseted to a White Color and a default Radius of 1024.

i made a diff between a ready-converted LightPoint t3d-file and a correct UT3editor exported LightPoint t3dfile

example of the ready-converted t3d-file produced by the ut3 converter:
                Code:
                      Begin Actor Class=PointLight Name=PointLight_1 Archetype=PointLight'Engine.Default__PointLight'
                         Begin Object Class=DrawLightRadiusComponent Name=DrawLightRadiusComponent_1 ObjName=DrawLightRadiusComponent_1 Archetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__DrawLightRadiusComponent'
                            SphereRadius=640.000000
                            LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True,Dynamic=True)
                            Name="DrawLightRadiusComponent_1"
                            ObjectArchetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__DrawLightRadiusComponent'
                         End Object
                         Begin Object Class=PointLightComponent Name=PointLightComponent_1 ObjName=PointLightComponent_1 Archetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLightComponent'
                            Radius=640.000000
                            CachedParentToWorld=(XPlane=(W=0.000000,X=1.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000),YPlane=(W=0.000000,X=0.000000,Y=1.000000,Z=-0.000000),ZPlane=(W=0.000000,X=-0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=1.000000),WPlane=(W=1.000000,X=-835.610535,Y=-226.505600,Z=561.775635))
                            PreviewLightRadius=DrawLightRadiusComponent'DrawLightRadiusComponent_1'
                            LightGuid=(A=-1946635277,B=1291433460,C=-1136913018,D=-2019198529)
                            LightmapGuid=(A=-1208743349,B=1135333063,C=1634879882,D=679050043)
                            Name="PointLightComponent_1"
                            ObjectArchetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLightComponent'
                         End Object
                         Begin Object Class=SpriteComponent Name=Sprite ObjName=SpriteComponent_1 Archetype=SpriteComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:Sprite'
                            Name="SpriteComponent_1"
                            ObjectArchetype=SpriteComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:Sprite'
                         End Object
                         LightComponent=PointLightComponent'PointLightComponent_1'
                         Components(0)=SpriteComponent'SpriteComponent_1'
                         Components(1)=DrawLightRadiusComponent'DrawLightRadiusComponent_1'
                         Components(2)=PointLightComponent'PointLightComponent_1'
                         Tag="PointLight"
                         Location=(X=-835.610535,Y=-226.505600,Z=561.775635)
                         Name="PointLight_1"
                         ObjectArchetype=PointLight'Engine.Default__PointLight'
                      End Actor
                if you repalce the following text-parts at the lightpoint-actor you have fixed the bug i mentioned above:
                Code:
                replace " Name=DrawLightRadiusComponent_[0-9]+ " with " Name=DrawLightRadius0 "
                replace " Archetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__DrawLightRadiusComponent'" with " Archetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius0'"
                replace "ObjectArchetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__DrawLightRadiusComponent'" with "ObjectArchetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius0'"
                replace " Archetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLightComponent'" with " Archetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent0'"
                replace "ObjectArchetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLightComponent'" with "ObjectArchetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent0'"
                note the regular expression in the first replace and the spaces.

after thats done, all lights will work corretly after a reopen of the map

Comment

Still doesn't work with utconverter in folders with spaces, testing the actual map now.

Still a lot of errors when importing, still missing a lot of architecture.

Comment

Originally posted by chickenthr33 View Post
                    Still doesn't work with utconverter in folders with spaces, testing the actual map now.

Still a lot of errors when importing, still missing a lot of architecture.
                    UT3 Converter DO NOT port staticmeshes

About the light actor, normaly, it's correct, here is my code:
                    Code:
                    public static String CreatePointLight(int LightNumber,float [] HSBValues,float Radius,float [] Location)
                        {
                            String LightData ="";
                            int LightColorRGB [] = new int[3];
                            LightData ="Begin Actor Class=PointLight Name=PointLight_"+LightNumber+" Archetype=PointLight'Engine.Default__PointLight'\n";

LightData += "     Begin Object Class=DrawLightRadiusComponent Name=DrawLightRadius"+LightNumber+" ObjName=DrawLightRadiusComponent_"+LightNumber+" Archetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius"+LightNumber+"'"+"\n";
                            if(Radius>0){LightData += "         SphereRadius="+Radius*LightRadiusFactor+"\n";}
                            else {LightData += "         SphereRadius="+64*LightRadiusFactor+"\n";};
                            LightData +="         LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True,Dynamic=True)"+"\n";
                            LightData +="         Name=\"DrawLightRadiusComponent_"+LightNumber+"\"\n";
                            LightData +="         ObjectArchetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius"+LightNumber+"'"+"\n";
                            LightData +="      End Object"+"\n";

LightData +="      Begin Object Class=PointLightComponent Name=PointLightComponent"+LightNumber+" ObjName=PointLightComponent_"+LightNumber+" Archetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent"+LightNumber+"'"+"\n";
                            if(Radius>0){LightData += "         Radius="+Radius*LightRadiusFactor+"\n";}
                            else {LightData += "         Radius="+64*LightRadiusFactor+"\n";}
                            //LightData +="           CachedParentToWorld=(XPlane=(W=0.000000,X=1.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000),YPlane=(W=0.000000,X=0.000000,Y=1.000000,Z=-0.000000),ZPlane=(W=0.000000,X=-0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=1.000000),WPlane=(W=1.000000,X="+Location[0]+",Y="+Location[1]+",Z="+Location[2]+"))\n";

LightData +="           PreviewLightRadius=DrawLightRadiusComponent'DrawLightRadiusComponent_"+LightNumber+"'"+"\n";

if(HSBValues[0]>0)
                            {
                                LightColorRGB = hsbToRgb(HSBValues[0],HSBValues[1],HSBValues[2]);
                                LightData +="           LightColor=(B="+LightColorRGB[2]+",G="+LightColorRGB[1]+",R="+LightColorRGB[0]+",A=0)\n";
                            }
                            else{LightData +="           LightColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=0)\n";}

//LightData +="           LightShadowMode=LightShadow_Modulate"+"\n";
                            LightData +="           Name=\"PointLightComponent_"+LightNumber+"\""+"\n";
                            LightData +="           ObjectArchetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent"+LightNumber+"'\n";
                            LightData +="      End Object \n";

LightData +="      Begin Object Class=SpriteComponent Name=Sprite ObjName=SpriteComponent_"+LightNumber+" Archetype=SpriteComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:Sprite'\n";
                            LightData +="           LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True,Dynamic=True)\n";
                            LightData +="           Name=\"SpriteComponent_"+LightNumber+"\"\n";
                            LightData +="           ObjectArchetype=SpriteComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:Sprite'\n";
                            LightData +="      End Object\n";

LightData +="      LightComponent=PointLightComponent'PointLightComponent_"+LightNumber+"'\n";
                            LightData +="      Components(0)=SpriteComponent'SpriteComponent_"+LightNumber+"'\n";
                            LightData +="      Components(1)=DrawLightRadiusComponent'DrawLightRadiusComponent_"+LightNumber+"'\n";
                            LightData +="      Components(2)=PointLightComponent'PointLightComponent_"+LightNumber+"'\n";
                            LightData +="      Tag=\"PointLight\"\n";
                            LightData +="      Location=(X="+Location[0]+",Y="+Location[1]+",Z="+Location[2]+")\n";
                            LightData +="      Name=\"PointLight_"+LightNumber+"\"\n";
                            LightData +="      ObjectArchetype=PointLight'Engine.Default__PointLight'\n";

LightData +="End Actor\n";

LightCompNumber += 1;
                            return LightData;
                        }
                    and a light made with UT3 directly:
                    Code:
                    Begin Actor Class=PointLight Name=PointLight_1 Archetype=PointLight'Engine.Default__PointLight'
                             Begin Object Class=DrawLightRadiusComponent Name=DrawLightRadius0 ObjName=DrawLightRadiusComponent_1 Archetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius0'
                                SphereRadius=1024.000000
                                ObjectArchetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius0'
                             End Object
                             Begin Object Class=PointLightComponent Name=PointLightComponent0 ObjName=PointLightComponent_1 Archetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent0'
                                CachedParentToWorld=(XPlane=(W=0.000000,X=1.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000),YPlane=(W=0.000000,X=0.000000,Y=1.000000,Z=-0.000000),ZPlane=(W=0.000000,X=-0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=1.000000),WPlane=(W=1.000000,X=-48.000000,Y=-48.000000,Z=128.000000))
                                LightGuid=(A=387540955,B=1126558659,C=-624666485,D=1611508735)
                                LightmapGuid=(A=638752956,B=1248207360,C=-1185676143,D=1003260981)
                                ObjectArchetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent0'
                             End Object
                             Begin Object Class=SpriteComponent Name=Sprite ObjName=SpriteComponent_4 Archetype=SpriteComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:Sprite'
                                Name="SpriteComponent_4"
                             End Object
                             Components(0)=SpriteComponent'SpriteComponent_4'
                             CreationTime=2.804200
                             Tag="UT3LIGHT"
                             Location=(X=-48.000000,Y=-48.000000,Z=128.000000)
                             Name="PointLight_1"
                          End Actor

Comment

I still don't get an output file when porting a UT2K4 Map

Originally posted by aLeX View Post
                      if users expect black surfaces after rebuild in UT3 editor, they usually have to select all surfaces and have to change the lightning-properties (options "Accept Lightning", "Accept Dynamic Lights", "Force Lightmap" have to be checked)
                      I did that, even before my first build, but still, mostly dark...

I tried to deselct "castshadows" but also, it was a no-go
                      then i deselected anyhing to do with shadow (pointlights) still nothing
                      I set the radius of the pointlights still not
                      I even selecte Force Dynamic Light...

I must add, when i get an output for an UT2K4 Map (happened to me once)
                      the lighting works 100% untill I reopen it (wich you are formiliar with all ready)

*uhm, I must oppoligiez about the UT2K4 map, I pointed to the wrong folder, sorry**

I wonder, everytime I start UT3 Editor it warns me about Pixel Shader V2, can that be a possible reason for my black-wall-syndrome?

Comment

hey guys finally got this program to run but... when i convert a map i get this

03-Feb-2008 22:43:26 org.jdesktop.application.SessionStorage restoreTree
                        WARNING: No saved state for javax.swing.JTabbedPane[jTabbedPane1,10,11,492x286,layout=javax.swing.plaf .basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI$TabbedPaneLayout,alignmen tX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=201326944,maxi mumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=,haveRegistere d=false,tabPlacement=TOP]
                        03-Feb-2008 22:43:31 org.jdesktop.application.SessionStorage restoreTree
                        WARNING: No saved state for javax.swing.JTable[jTable1,0,0,358x0,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,bo rder=,flags=251658568,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,pr eferredSize=,autoCreateColumnsFromModel=true,autoR esizeMode=AUTO_RESIZE_SUBSEQUENT_COLUMNS,cellSelec tionEnabled=false,editingColumn=-1,editingRow=-1,gridColor=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResource[r=128,g=128,b=128],preferredViewportSize=java.awt.Dimension[width=450,height=400],rowHeight=16,rowMargin=1,rowSelectionAllowed=true ,selectionBackground=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResou rce[r=51,g=153,b=255],selectionForeground=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResou rce[r=255,g=255,b=255],showHorizontalLines=true,showVerticalLines=true]
                        ********** .ut2,.unr -> .t3d (unconverted) ************
                        C:\UT2004\Maps\System\UCC.exe batchexport "C:\UT2004\Maps\DM-Deck17.ut2" Level t3d C:\Users\Matt\Documents\T3D files\UT3Map
                        java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\UT2004\Maps\System\UCC.exe": CreateProcess error=3, The system cannot find the path specified
                        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
                        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
                        at ut3converter.UT3ConverterExportT3D.UT3ConverterExp ortT3D(UT3ConverterExportT3D.java:53)
                        at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2.jbtnNextMouse Clicked(UT3ConverterConvertBox2.java:576)
                        at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2.access$100(UT 3ConverterConvertBox2.java:28)
                        at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2$3.mouseClicke d(UT3ConverterConvertBox2.java:457)
                        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent( Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(U nknown Source)
                        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unkno wn Source)
                        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
                        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
                        Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=3, The system cannot find the path specified
                        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
                        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
                        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
                        ... 30 more
                        Cannot run program "C:\UT2004\Maps\System\UCC.exe": CreateProcess error=3, The system cannot find the path specified
                        can you please help me with this this program will help me greatly and it looks so good please help

Comment

you have set bad folder game:
                          it's "C:\UT2004\" not "C:\UT2004\Maps\"
                          check the configuration panel.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
                            About the light actor, normaly, it's correct, here is my code:
                            Code:
                            public static String CreatePointLight(int LightNumber,float [] HSBValues,float Radius,float [] Location)
                                {
                                    String LightData ="";
                                    int LightColorRGB [] = new int[3];
                                    LightData ="Begin Actor Class=PointLight Name=PointLight_"+LightNumber+" Archetype=PointLight'Engine.Default__PointLight'\n";

LightData += "     Begin Object Class=DrawLightRadiusComponent Name=DrawLightRadius"+LightNumber+" ObjName=DrawLightRadiusComponent_"+LightNumber+" Archetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius"+LightNumber+"'"+"\n";
                                    if(Radius>0){LightData += "         SphereRadius="+Radius*LightRadiusFactor+"\n";}
                                    else {LightData += "         SphereRadius="+64*LightRadiusFactor+"\n";};
                                    LightData +="         LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True,Dynamic=True)"+"\n";
                                    LightData +="         Name=\"DrawLightRadiusComponent_"+LightNumber+"\"\n";
                                    LightData +="         ObjectArchetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius"+LightNumber+"'"+"\n";
                                    LightData +="      End Object"+"\n";

LightData +="      Begin Object Class=PointLightComponent Name=PointLightComponent"+LightNumber+" ObjName=PointLightComponent_"+LightNumber+" Archetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent"+LightNumber+"'"+"\n";
                                    if(Radius>0){LightData += "         Radius="+Radius*LightRadiusFactor+"\n";}
                                    else {LightData += "         Radius="+64*LightRadiusFactor+"\n";}
                                    //LightData +="           CachedParentToWorld=(XPlane=(W=0.000000,X=1.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000),YPlane=(W=0.000000,X=0.000000,Y=1.000000,Z=-0.000000),ZPlane=(W=0.000000,X=-0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=1.000000),WPlane=(W=1.000000,X="+Location[0]+",Y="+Location[1]+",Z="+Location[2]+"))\n";

LightData +="           PreviewLightRadius=DrawLightRadiusComponent'DrawLightRadiusComponent_"+LightNumber+"'"+"\n";

if(HSBValues[0]>0)
                                    {
                                        LightColorRGB = hsbToRgb(HSBValues[0],HSBValues[1],HSBValues[2]);
                                        LightData +="           LightColor=(B="+LightColorRGB[2]+",G="+LightColorRGB[1]+",R="+LightColorRGB[0]+",A=0)\n";
                                    }
                                    else{LightData +="           LightColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=0)\n";}

//LightData +="           LightShadowMode=LightShadow_Modulate"+"\n";
                                    LightData +="           Name=\"PointLightComponent_"+LightNumber+"\""+"\n";
                                    LightData +="           ObjectArchetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent"+LightNumber+"'\n";
                                    LightData +="      End Object \n";

LightData +="      Begin Object Class=SpriteComponent Name=Sprite ObjName=SpriteComponent_"+LightNumber+" Archetype=SpriteComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:Sprite'\n";
                                    LightData +="           LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True,Dynamic=True)\n";
                                    LightData +="           Name=\"SpriteComponent_"+LightNumber+"\"\n";
                                    LightData +="           ObjectArchetype=SpriteComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:Sprite'\n";
                                    LightData +="      End Object\n";

LightData +="      LightComponent=PointLightComponent'PointLightComponent_"+LightNumber+"'\n";
                                    LightData +="      Components(0)=SpriteComponent'SpriteComponent_"+LightNumber+"'\n";
                                    LightData +="      Components(1)=DrawLightRadiusComponent'DrawLightRadiusComponent_"+LightNumber+"'\n";
                                    LightData +="      Components(2)=PointLightComponent'PointLightComponent_"+LightNumber+"'\n";
                                    LightData +="      Tag=\"PointLight\"\n";
                                    LightData +="      Location=(X="+Location[0]+",Y="+Location[1]+",Z="+Location[2]+")\n";
                                    LightData +="      Name=\"PointLight_"+LightNumber+"\"\n";
                                    LightData +="      ObjectArchetype=PointLight'Engine.Default__PointLight'\n";

LightData +="End Actor\n";

LightCompNumber += 1;
                                    return LightData;
                                }
                            and a light made with UT3 directly:
                            Code:
                                     Begin Object Class=DrawLightRadiusComponent Name=DrawLightRadius0 ObjName=DrawLightRadiusComponent_1 Archetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius0'
                                        SphereRadius=1024.000000
                                        ObjectArchetype=DrawLightRadiusComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:DrawLightRadius0'
                                     End Object
                                     Begin Object Class=PointLightComponent Name=PointLightComponent0 ObjName=PointLightComponent_1 Archetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent0'
                                        CachedParentToWorld=(XPlane=(W=0.000000,X=1.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000),YPlane=(W=0.000000,X=0.000000,Y=1.000000,Z=-0.000000),ZPlane=(W=0.000000,X=-0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=1.000000),WPlane=(W=1.000000,X=-48.000000,Y=-48.000000,Z=128.000000))
                                        LightGuid=(A=387540955,B=1126558659,C=-624666485,D=1611508735)
                                        LightmapGuid=(A=638752956,B=1248207360,C=-1185676143,D=1003260981)
                                        ObjectArchetype=PointLightComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:PointLightComponent0'
                                     End Object
                                     Begin Object Class=SpriteComponent Name=Sprite ObjName=SpriteComponent_4 Archetype=SpriteComponent'Engine.Default__PointLight:Sprite'
                                        Name="SpriteComponent_4"
                                     End Object
                                     Components(0)=SpriteComponent'SpriteComponent_4'
                                     CreationTime=2.804200
                                     Tag="UT3LIGHT"
                                     Location=(X=-48.000000,Y=-48.000000,Z=128.000000)
                                     Name="PointLight_1"
                                  End Actor

well, everythink looks correct in your code, i have no idea why i got those wrong light-actors i was sure they came from the ut3converter but they dont. maybe somethink strange with the unrealED

Comment

New version!
                              V0.023:
                              Added: Semi-automatic Texture port!
                              Fixed: some cast errors and java errors.

Note:
                              The scale info for texture isn't ported yet for some unknown reason but will work on it.
                              I would have liked to make the conversion of .dds textures to .psd/.tga automatic but the nvidia dxtools program wasn't able to decompress the .dds textures of UT2004 ... :S

Screens:
                              Original UT2004 Map
                              Converted to UT3 now with textures

Comment

Hi,
                                I tried your new version V0.023 and got this strange error message

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
                                at ut3converter.UT3ConverterApp.startup(UT3ConverterA pp.java:26)
                                at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Applica tion.java:171)
                                at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
                                at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierar chy(Unknown Source)
                                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
                                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Got any ideas what I did wrong? The last working version of your program for me was version V0.019 and I have converted a few maps with version V0.017 and earlier. Also, any hope for terrain conversion in future versions of your program? If the height map can come over, I can always rebuild the deco layers in UT3. Thanks in Advance

Comment

Working...
                                X