Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not working for me - no output file is created, despite it saying it was successful :/

Comment

same issue here, no exported t3d files. looking forward to the next updated version.

Comment

The .t3d file is placed in the folder you unzipped the convertor to...it saves it as: \UT3Converter-V0019\UT3Converter\UT3PORT.T3D

Comment

Remember, there can't be any spaces in the path so don't place it in my documents or some folder like that.

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
            Remember, there can't be any spaces in the path so don't place it in my documents or some folder like that.

yes i kno this..............the path is actually E:/ut2004 <----------- no spaces............I am using XP SP2 all latest updates, and the most current Java installed as per their website. I will try under Vista 64 and see if gives me a .t3d file.

Comment

Me too.

Originally posted by -tolga- View Post
              Guys need help. i made all of the steps right to convert a UT2k4 map to UT3 map but it gives 1000 or more errors in map editor. what is the problem ??? thnx ...
              Same thing here, tried 2 maps so far and nothing but the 1000 errors and then a crash.
              Also I noticed on my Windows Xp machine that the t3d went to "C:/Documents".
              The folder appeared without my direction and spontaneously when the .t3d was created. If you do not find it there do a search for "*.t3d" and you should be able to find it.
              Hope that helps.

Comment

i've just began to work back on my program and just found why some maps give a 0Kb file once convert is done.
                It seems that the "ucc" exporters sometimes format files in different format.
                While reading .t3d file, this format is correct:
                Code:
                Begin Map
                Begin Actor Class=LevelInfo Name=LevelInfo0
                    TimeSeconds=549.624878
                    Title="AS-7Co-TheEgyptianPyramid-Final"
                    Author="|7Co|HQF"
                But with some maps the program reads the .t3d files like this
                Code:
                         T a g = " I n v e n t o r y S p o t "

P h y s i c s V o l u m e = D e f a u l t P h y s i c s V o l u m e ' A S - A F S - S i e n c e - V 2 - D E 7 . D e f a u l t P h y s i c s V o l u m e 1 0 '

L o c a t i o n = ( X = 2 1 4 9 6 . 1 7 9 6 8 8 , Y = 8 7 4 . 6 8 2 3 7 3 , Z = 4 7 . 0 0 0 0 0 0 )

E n d   A c t o r

B e g i n   S u r f a c e

E n d   S u r f a c e

E n d   M a p
                that's y program with some maps can't recognize actors and convert properly.
                I dunno why the executable file ucc (that converts .ut2 files to .t3d) sometimes give this kind of format to .t3d file.

I'm going to try to fix this problem.

Comment

If I convert a UT99 MAP but the lights doesn't work not even if i redo them

any help... please

I created a .t3d file for a UT2004 Map because browsing to the map and using the other method got me no where, no output file
                  so i just pointed to the .t3d file and it works but still, the lights doesn't, not at all... and yes i did rebuild all it...

and no meterial on serfaces, but i think that will happen seeing that the refrences to material will be different, but thos annoying lighting...

Comment

Updated program.

V0.020:
                    -Totally new interface!
                    -Added: direct import from Unreal 2 (.un2),Unreal Tournament (.unr),Unreal 1 maps (.unr).
                    -Added: Can export textures used by maps (UT2004 maps only)-Does not convert textures yet, only texture extraction.
                    -Fixed: bad file format output with UCC.exe program with some maps that caused the program not being able to convert map.

Originally posted by TheRalfZer0 View Post
                    and no meterial on serfaces, but i think that will happen seeing that the refrences to material will be different, but thos annoying lighting...
                    UT3 Converter does not support texture conversion yet and this won't be possible for UT99 and Unreal Tournament maps
                    You can delete all lights if you want

Comment

I put it in a folder with no spaces, fixed the initial freezing when clicking "NEXT" after selecting my map to convert... however I had export textures checked....it brought up a menu telling me what was going to be converted, I clicked next and it froze again.

So I reloaded and tried the same map without exporting textures and froze as soon as I clicked NEXT.

Here's a screenshot, just freezes with the NEXT button depressed:
                      [screenshot]http://home.comcast.net/~chicken3/mapconvert.jpg[/screenshot]

P.S. Didn't have any issues like this with v.19

Comment

I tried another map, did the same thing, it's been frozen now using 100% CPU for 10 minutes and doesn't look like it's comin out of it. Any suggestions?

Comment

I've fixed an important issue. You were right that was uber slow.
                          Now it's 100x faster.

Comment

Ok the conversion process works but when I import it it is giving me 100s of:
                            ObjectProperty Engine.Actor:Base: unresolved cast in 'LevelInfo'UT3MAPPORT.LevelInfo0"

After clicking OK about 100 times it imports the lighting and some actors but no brushes.

Tried another map (DM-Compressed from ut2004), which crashed unrealed.

Comment

Originally posted by chickenthr33 View Post
                              Ok the conversion process works but when I import it it is giving me 100s of:
                              ObjectProperty Engine.Actor:Base: unresolved cast in 'LevelInfo'UT3MAPPORT.LevelInfo0"

After clicking OK about 100 times it imports the lighting and some actors but no brushes.

Tried another map (DM-Compressed from ut2004), which crashed unrealed.
                              It's fixed.
                              UT3Converter-v021a.zip
                              Tested myself, brushes are back now as well as less cast errors.
                              Thx for support.

Comment

thank you for keeping this aplication up-to-date

i testet the new aplication on a second machine (virtual maschine with a clean java and UT99 setup) and got some errors at the command-line output...

i tried to convert a UT99 map to a UT3-importable file:

Code:
                                C:\Programme\UT3Converter-v021>java -jar "UT3Converter.jar"
                                02.02.2008 20:43:59 org.jdesktop.application.SessionStorage restoreTree
                                WARNUNG: No saved state for javax.swing.JTable[jTable1,0,0,356x0,alignmentX=0.0,
                                alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=251658568,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=,
                                autoCreateColumnsFromModel=true,autoResizeMode=AUTO_RESIZE_SUBSEQUENT_COLUMNS,ce
                                llSelectionEnabled=false,editingColumn=-1,editingRow=-1,gridColor=javax.swing.pl
                                af.ColorUIResource[r=128,g=128,b=128],preferredViewportSize=java.awt.Dimension[w
                                idth=450,height=400],rowHeight=16,rowMargin=1,rowSelectionAllowed=true,selection
                                Background=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResource[r=10,g=36,b=106],selectionForeground
                                =javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResource[r=255,g=255,b=255],showHorizontalLines=true,sh
                                owVerticalLines=true]
                                UT
                                C:\UnrealTournament\System\UCC.exe batchexport C:\UnrealTournament\Maps\DOM-Ghar
                                dhen-permanently.unr Level t3d C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\unrealed\Desktop\U
                                T3Map
                                Loading package C:\UnrealTournament\Maps\DOM-Ghardhen-permanently.unr...
                                Exported Level DOM-Ghardhen-permanently.MyLevel to C:\Dokumente\MyLevel.t3d
                                Success - 0 error(s), 0 warnings
                                java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\unrealed\Desktop\U
                                T3Map\myLevel.t3d (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)
                                        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
                                        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
                                        at ut3converter.converter.converter.Convert(converter.java:175)
                                        at ut3converter.UT3ConverterExportT3D.UT3ConverterExportT3D(UT3Converter
                                ExportT3D.java:91)
                                        at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2.jbtnNextMouseClicked(UT3Converte
                                rConvertBox2.java:580)
                                        at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2.access$100(UT3ConverterConvertBo
                                x2.java:28)
                                        at ut3converter.UT3ConverterConvertBox2$3.mouseClicked(UT3ConverterConve
                                rtBox2.java:455)
                                        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                                        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                                        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
                                it seems your aplication cant handle the path's correctly yet, hope this helps you fixing the aplication

btw you should also test your aplications on a clean virtual-machine with a clean setup before publishing it cause there are also many other path's with unreal antology related adresses presaved

Comment

Working...
                                X