Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it won't import,

vehicles, terrain, textures or static meshes and thats only for ut2004.

Comment

didnt work for me, made my editor crash.

Comment

This is great utility, but I have one problem. I don't know if it was asked somewhere, so sorry if it was.

Problem: Converting works fine, I open the editor, import brushes,but when I rebuild... all the geometry is turned on a bad direction. In 2D view it's right, but in 3D it's wrong
        I hope you know what I mean.

Comment

I know what you mean, i can't remember what page, may be 13, one of the people mention a fix that they used from someone else.

It was definably a page near the end.

Its page 14, although i think that only works ut99 maps, i dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
            I know what you mean, i can't remember what page, may be 13, one of the people mention a fix that they used from someone else.

It was definably a page near the end.

Its page 14, although i think that only works ut99 maps, i dunno.
            Thanks!!! Yes I had this problem with UT99 maps

Comment

Sorry for the dum question, but I don't know where to find the .t3d files, and even if I could I don't know where does is save the converted files?
              Please help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spect View Post
                This is great utility, but I have one problem. I don't know if it was asked somewhere, so sorry if it was.

Problem: Converting works fine, I open the editor, import brushes,but when I rebuild... all the geometry is turned on a bad direction. In 2D view it's right, but in 3D it's wrong
                I hope you know what I mean.
                For Unreal 1/UT99/UT2003/UT2004 Maps:
                Open your editor (Unreal 1 editor or UT99 editor,...)
                Open your Map.
                For UT99/Unreal 1 maps:
                Originally posted by baadfood View Post
                - Do the following before exporting the map to t3d: Select all Brushes, then right click on a brush and choose "Transform -> Transform permanently" from the context menu.
                Then: File->Export,save the .t3d file

normally should work.

I'm aware of some problems that may occur when using program (no .t3d files, editor crash). Will try to fix that as soon as i got some time.

Comment

I ran into that problem alot with UT99 years ago. When you scale a brush it sticks within the map and looks ok, but anytime you try to modify it or copy it over into 2k4 or anything else you often got misaligned or brushes that were sized funny.

I don't think this is anything wrong with the conversion utility, I think it is the inherent nature of UT99 brushes that were scaled. It may be the same in 2k4, but I don't remember for sure.

So yes selecting brushes and using "Transform permanently" is the right approach.

Comment

Yo,
                    Any word on an updated version for your conversion program? What you working on for this round?

Comment

So when is the unlit texture thing gonna be fixed?

Comment

hey, this is fantastic idea and a real help to map makers, but i just cant seem to import a map from ut99! can you see anything wrong with my process?

in ut99 editor go select all brushes, and transform permanently.
                        go brush>export to t3d in ut99 editor.
                        run program to convert to ut3 .t3d
                        go brush>import in the ut3 editor..

when i do this i get the brushes into ut3, and i can see them in the orthographic viewports, but when i rebuild the perspective viewport shows nothing except lights. When i select something in the orthographic viewport the outlines of the brush appear, but how do i get a material onto them if i cant select the surfaces?

Comment

Create new map in SUBTRACTIVE mode.?
                          Did you do this, by default all maps are Additive.
                          I ported a level from UT99 and I am sure that I did it as a Additive, but I had to make a BIG BOX for the ground area to get it to work right.
                          Any how I guessing its something to do with the mode.

Comment

Guys need help. i made all of the steps right to convert a UT2k4 map to UT3 map but it gives 1000 or more errors in map editor. what is the problem ??? thnx ...

Comment

Ha, nice one, i'll give a try to this converter ..

Comment

Where is the out put file? Ive tried several ut2k4 maps, and my ut2k4 installation path is G:\Games\Unreal Tournament 2k4 Where is the file I need to import into unreal ed?

Comment

Working...
                                X