Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Converter2 - 0.25c / UT4 Converter 0.4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this converter is the worst thing that could happen to UT3... =(

Comment

I am speechless, we owe you one...

Comment

A stupendous mod! It's not perfect, but more than good enough! It's already saving me lots of time in rebuilding one of my UT99 maps for UT3.

Comment

Wait, is this a joke? 14 pages? Not a single screenshot? D:

Comment

Doesn't work for me, tried it several times already. Here's CTF_Dreary as it looks in UEd2 prior to export:

And here's the imported result in Ued4, as you can see everything is in there (and rotated, dunno why), but broken / out of place:

EDIT: used baadfood's "fix" for this, and now it works:
            Originally posted by baadfood View Post
            Just ignore it and insist mappers do the following before exporting the map to t3d: Select all Brushes, then right click on a brush and choose "Transform -> Transform permanently" from the context menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Kantham View Post
              Wait, is this a joke? 14 pages? Not a single screenshot? D:
              just what i thought. i was looking forward to seeing some stuff here. ah, well... i guess i'm gonna try this tool myself this weekend. this way, some of the layouts i've done recently in ued3 might still see the light of day

Comment

Works like a charm!! Thanks a lot for this nifty little app!!

Comment

Works fine getting the map into UE¤ but the scaling doesn't seam to work at all. I will continue to investigate but im not sure what it is at all.

Comment

This isnt working for me, 1: not sure what goes in the box that says Open.t3d: , 2: it says it was exported ok. 3. I open the editor and Create new map in SUBTRACTIVE mode. then do File->Import, then select the T3D file the program has created. (UT3PORT.t3d).......problem is i cant seem to locate a UT3PORT.t3d file anywhere. can someone do a simple step by step of the whole operation, i have like 30 great maps from MPC that would be cool in ut3 , if i can get them in there, thx guys!

Comment

Hmmm, this utility SOUNDS great, but it won't work if people just port and call it a day. The map will STILL have to be reworked because UT3 does not have a dodge jump. Plus, the jump height and duration in UT3 is severely nerfed compared to UT2004.

Comment

Originally posted by THEXFILES View Post
                        This isnt working for me, 1: not sure what goes in the box that says Open.t3d: , 2: it says it was exported ok. 3. I open the editor and Create new map in SUBTRACTIVE mode. then do File->Import, then select the T3D file the program has created. (UT3PORT.t3d).......problem is i cant seem to locate a UT3PORT.t3d file anywhere. can someone do a simple step by step of the whole operation, i have like 30 great maps from MPC that would be cool in ut3 , if i can get them in there, thx guys!

I've found that the UT3PORT file doesn't get created if the path it's supposed to be saved to has spaces in it. I don't know why, but it doesn't work for me unless there are NO spaces in the path.

Comment

I still have the problem of dark surfaces on my BSP when importing, the surfaces refuse to be lit.

Comment

My experience with the program is that the dark surfaces are caused by any surface that used special surface flags (i.e. Skybox or Special Lighting being the two big ones.) Since UT3 does not support these flags, the surfaces are unlit in UT3. To reset them, click on the surface and go to surface properties. Then look for the section on lighting and uncheck all three boxes (i.e. Accepts light, Accepts Dynamic Light & Force Lightmap) until they are cleared, then recheck them. Rebuild the level and you should be in good shape.

Comment

I've found that the UT3PORT file doesn't get created if the path it's supposed to be saved to has spaces in it. I don't know why, but it doesn't work for me unless there are NO spaces in the path.
                              What do you mean, how do i change this path?

Comment

is that imports static meshes, customs and all ? look excelent !

Comment

Working...
                                X