DM-Shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Also I think there has been some confusion regarding how to use the lift, should this be set to touch instead of use?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I GOT MY PREVIEW PIC TO WORK HALLELUJAH THANK YOU JESUS!

Will post my final beta, but first, should I add a full range of music(ambient and such) or just leave it with looping action music?

(Betav3)--->http://files.filefront.com/DM+Shaft+.../fileinfo.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, beta 2, here ya go -->Now Betav3 see next post.
    Changes:

Lighting has been slightly altered.

Ring trim on the main level is smaller and does not impede dodging.

Removed generators in corners by lifts in favor of wall wire deco and trims.

Added a second lift button in the basment area.

Added recommended player count.

To Do:

Preview pic, still annoying me to no end, I'll probably just open up an Epic map and see what they did.

A full range of music(Only have action sequence at the moment.)

Fix unlit water.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    EDIT: Sorry guys who read what was previously here I'm gonna have to call false alarm on that. Now I just need to get my preview pic up and I'll release v2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fun map and with enough players it get pretty hectic in a good way when the teams are on opposit levels. After the fixes I'm going to be playing this one a lot. My only real complaint was the not really knowing how to get to the different levels but now I know so no biggy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright, things are coming along pretty good. I have almost finished up with the fixes and will be releasing a new version soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, if you took out the generators and added some wires/other deco to the walls I think it would be better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    K, thx for the feedback, I knew I should've made that "round thing" no collision. oh and at the bottom there should be a green button on one of the posts, perhaps I should put it on both sides. I'm currently experienceind some LOD texture popping that is quite severe, working out the kinks. Oh yeah and in the area with the generators, maybe some trims and wires on the walls instead?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ Jonny: Lol.

K, I just tested it out. It looks ok, but I ran into a few gameplay problems.

The center area at the bottom, when I tried to run out of it I would occasionally get stuck on the round "thing" (for lack of a better name).

Also, I couldn't figure out how to get out of the lower level! At one point all of the other bots were on top, and me and the bots on my team were stuck on bottom... :\

There were a couple things that stuck out of the walls that felt awkward running by...

Try removing the generators in the corners by the lifts, I think it'll give some much needed space.

Waiting patiently for the next version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jagnot View Post
    ...I was making a map called Shaft! Lol, I better start thinking of a new name..

Nice pics, btw.
    Call it "Weeh chikka woew shkka shkka shkka wow" like the Shaft intro music

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks good. Will test in a moment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll try it, give me a little bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    C'mon guys gimme some help and map testing. I really don't want to move on before I polish up this map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks pretty cool. A step away from all the dark brown grungy maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ...I was making a map called Shaft! Lol, I better start thinking of a new name..

Nice pics, btw.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X