Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Bedroom_goldbeta (mini me, final beta !!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Final version is ready!
    Please visit http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...2#post25151782

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Idea for the 'CTF' maybe across your bed, but scale it at least x2

This looks like so much fun! Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love mini maps

We need tons of these.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ScottUT View Post
    Nice job.

ALways liked these "rat maps". Glad to see one coming out already.

Sniper servers are going to love this one.
    Sniper servers? How can i view/join those?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Check,for later viewing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Gold beta is now available! I've done it earlier that I expected :P Download and enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Final beta has got preview picture, number of players info, nice Christmas music (by SharpFish) and a lot of new things (Christmas Tree!).
    Bots are really good now, I add a lot of pathnodes and test map with friends and wife (:P) for a few days.
    I will release this gold(final) beta this friday. I want to add some new things on both shelves, like CDs etc. Stay tuned!

(And Big sorry for my terrible English :P)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, next beta will be "gold". I add today a lot of pathnode's- bots are now pretty good! Also I find a big bug near the mirror sniper arena- it's ok now.
    I know how to add preview picture and music, so I add it to new version 6. Coming next week.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree, this need a CTF version. There used to be a CTF Bedrooms map that was awesome. It had a backyard, hallway, two rooms with jumpads, a slide in the backyard. Even a big window up top with 2 giant models humping each other.

Anyone else remember that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    whoa whoa dont ever even think about doing music in that fasion anymore.

dont use ambient sounds as music its not needed anymore. You can actually push music the proper way. also if you do it though ambient sound it wont cook and will make the file size much bigger. If you do it correctly you can have almost cd quality music at 1.5 megs when the map is cooked. otherwise you have to down sample the music to low hrz and it will still make the map 10 megs or so in mostly music.

so do it the proper way since the option is available this time. its actually easyer then you think

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FreEp View Post
    What i need to know:
    * How to add custom music track to my map
    * How to add preview screen to UT3 menu
    Music - import mp3 in UPK and use it as ambient with unlimited radius. This is THE EASY WAY. I'm using it from UT2k4 :P

Preview - Take a screen or make a pic 512x512(ONLY this size) now import it into your UPK along with other textures.
    And open MAPNAME.ini.
    There you could find.
    PreviewImageMarkup=
    Change it like:
    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:YOURPACKAGE.YOURTEXTUREFILE>
    For example:
    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art_My.Map-Pic-DM-LOL>

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beta 5 is finished! I'll add changelog and download links in about 10-20 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FreEp View Post
    Woooo, as I said, I don't want to make extra-big-rat-map-without-any-details-around , so players can't walk on the ground. This is small map, just for 2-4 players. I will make bigger rat-map in future. This is just my first map, the begining

I know that the bots are stupid on DM-Bedroom, but I have no idea how to change it. Maybe someone from this forum can help me?

And remember- this is beta :P
    Oh ok np. To fix the bots I think you need to add bots paths- a lot for better bot play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Woooo, as I said, I don't want to make extra-big-rat-map-without-any-details-around , so players can't walk on the ground. This is small map, just for 2-4 players. I will make bigger rat-map in future. This is just my first map, the begining

I know that the bots are stupid on DM-Bedroom, but I have no idea how to change it. Maybe someone from this forum can help me?

And remember- this is beta :P

Leave a comment:

Working...
X