DM-(1v1)Juggernaut[BETA]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    that's on the list of things to do, along with the flat utk4 floor . I had actually added some deco to the ceiling, but it was conflicting with the dodge jump to the beserk. I added this in rather late, so i decided that i wanted to get at least a playable build out there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, for the love of God fix the ceilings! UT2k4 style ceilings (flat) don't fit UT3 at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by *Snoopy* View Post
    looks nice, but i think amplifier and berserker isnt great for duel! replace it with shield belt/armor
    well, armor/shield belt are pickups that empower the player, just defensively. i wanted to do something different, and i'd also have to change the name of the map to DM-Shield & Armor. this map was inspired soley by the JUGGERNAUT!!!! announcement. It is quite possibly the best announcement (other that HHOOOOLLLY SHHHHHHHH....) which unfortunately didnt make the cut into ut3.

thanks to all for the constructive feedback. I'm going to be releasing a full here shortly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks nice, but i think amplifier and berserker isnt great for duel! replace it with shield belt/armor

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
    Good start, but PLEASE lose this grungy metal. We're so stinking sick of it already. Brighten the whole thing up and change the entire texture package/theme to something more light colored...and not metal.
    I'm not sick of it! Maybe you could make your own map full of light pink Unicorns to suite your tastes...

Try changing the package you're using. The package was overused before anyone used it in a user-created map. Should have never made it off the drawing board if you ask me.
    Constructive criticism is for other peoples drawing boards, negative criticism may just drive a budding designer away - leaving us all with less maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try changing the package you're using. The package was overused before anyone used it in a user-created map. Should have never made it off the drawing board if you ask me.
    Err, my map was started way before his, tbh. (At least the same day, I started mapping mine, when the german version was out on the 13th)

This map was first posted today. Mine was posted last week.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not bad. Opening the ceiling with shafts or windows would help solve the light problem while retaining shadows around the edges, and make it feel less claustrophobic. Also, consider forcing shadow maps on a few meshes, that lit ledge under the sniper looks a little funny.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lookin good so far ^^

i personaly wouldnt bother changing the pack, after all theres only about 5 packs to choose from :/ lol

dark maps never get played too often because its just so hard to see, try lighting the map well, but exagerating the lights that are there to give the impression of darkness throughout the rest of the level

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    Looking good. But I think I really need to hurry to release my map before everyone overused the LT packages.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking good. But I think I really need to hurry to release my map before everyone overused the LT packages.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good start, but PLEASE lose this grungy metal. We're so stinking sick of it already. Brighten the whole thing up and change the entire texture package/theme to something more light colored...and not metal.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic DM-(1v1)Juggernaut[BETA]

DM-(1v1)Juggernaut[BETA]

Name: DM-(1v1)Juggernaut
    Version:Beta
    Compatibility: UT3
    Description: The name says it all. Dominate the map by grabbing the Beserk and U Damage and own all that stand before you!
    Comments: A small, two room map designed for Duel/1v1... but hey, the more the merrier! And in case you're wondering... becoming a Juggernaut takes some work, you can't just walk up to the pickups and start blasting everything in sight. There's a lift jump and a wall dodge jump involved.
    This is my first go at a UT3 map, I've done some BR maps for UT2004, but none were posted here. I tried to build the map with only static mesh, i think i did a decent job? The lighting and bot pathing need work. I wanted a dark ambience, but i'm thinking the final may be a bit more lit. The bots seems to span the map well, except for the lift. I haven't pathed it, as I am contemplating modifying the layout of the lift/catwalks a bit. Really designed this for Duel in particular. I also need to learn how to make the detail textures on static mesh not fade out... or at least change fade out distance. Comments/ Feedback welcome!
    Screenshots:
    [screenshot]http://porcupine.cutlassweb.com/files/UT3/DM-(1v1)Juggernaut/ScreenShot00011.JPG[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://porcupine.cutlassweb.com/files/UT3/DM-(1v1)Juggernaut/ScreenShot00012.JPG[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://porcupine.cutlassweb.com/files/UT3/DM-(1v1)Juggernaut/ScreenShot00014.JPG[/screenshot]
    Credits: Epic, for making this awesome game! 3DBuzz for the video tutorials. and me of course.
    Download: http://porcupine.cutlassweb.com/file...rnaut-beta.zip
Working...
X