Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Orbital-2007 [DOWNLOAD - DONE]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking really nice. Any idea when you will have a functional beta to test?

Comment

Maybe tomorrow

Comment

I've enjoyed Orbital2 in ut2k4, and it will be great to see (and play ofc) it again in UT3. Good luck Necro.

Comment

I get the feeling a lot of people defending the 2k4 version have never played the original from 99...

You may have "liked" or "enjoyed" the 2k4 version, but the UT99 version was freaking AWESOME. It was one of the best CTF maps ever made in my humble opinion.

Comment

bizzity bump

Comment

Im going to release the beta of this map today, atm Im adding only minor details like lifts, textures, weapons and deco.

Comment

Looks like its coming together quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by NEcRo- View Post
                  Im going to release the beta of this map today, atm Im adding only minor details like lifts, textures, weapons and deco.
                  Yay, can't wait. Is that glass on the bottom middle area?

Comment

look...color!

Comment

Download link added!
                      (first page)

Comment

ran a few run thrus seems ok. Never played 2k* version of orbital but i have one quesion. Does this version only have shock rifle ammo but no shock rifle or am i mistaken?

Comment

I placed 2 shockrifles, no idea why they disappeared

Comment

Rename it Orbital3 and these "remake it like UT99 Orbital" people will go away. I played a lot of instagib on the UT2003/UT2004 Orbital2 map and I think the layout is great. Aside from the obviously missing things like lifts and the proper sounds when walking through different surfaces/substances I only disliked a couple things.

I felt the area below the rocket gun platform was too "smashed". Walking under this area it seems too tight....ceiling too low type of thing. Also it felt like the "ceiling" needed to be raised a bit above the whole green fluid/goo area. Both of those spots just seemed a little cramped. Personally I think you're off to an awesome start, keep it up.

Comment

I like the addition above flak and it feels just about the right size. I look forward to a version with collision and lifts to give it a go. These would be my suggestions to make this map a success.

Missing health in flagroom, link.

Have you thought about placing boots somewhere in the middle? Ala OrbitalClassic. This may ruin the map, but its an interesting concept.

Some corners feel a bit too dark. Mainly upper pulse side and some out in mid.

Alignment issue wall to floor across from armor in lower flak area, both bases.

Coming out of base low to right there is a goofy box that blocks the path, I assume thats not meant to be there cause its too impeding.

The middle walkways on the sides often have issues where you cannot cross them by walking and have to jump over the cracks. I assume when you work on collision this would be fixed, but just wanted to give you the heads up.

Coming in the base low from shock where the lift will be going to flag, if you stand on the high outside curbs and run you are pushed off by wall above you that comes down. This should allow you to walk purely across up against the facing wall so you can piston up to the main flag area. Just too cramped I suppose. I consider this to be a fairly large flaw compared to the original version and hurts the overall flow quie a bit. I am not sure if I feel like the entire area here is slightly off. The floor beneath the rockets also seems so close to the walkway above. A double jump causes you to get caught on it.

Hopefully you take all these constructively cause it has a lot of potential. I will keep running around and search for more suggestions. If you want any more help testing or anything feel free to contact me in irc or via email.

Comment

Originally posted by dura1198 View Post
                                Rename it Orbital3 and these "remake it like UT99 Orbital" people will go away. I played a lot of instagib on the UT2003/UT2004 Orbital2 map and I think the layout is great.
                                No, he'd have to rename it Orbital2 not 3. Orbital2 was in 2k3/2k4.

THIS is not CTF-Orbital. Orbital2 was a sad abortion of the original Orbital concept and it never took off at all....mainly because it sucked. It's pretty much rare to find anyone sticking around to play it online.

Comment

Working...
                                X