No announcement yet.

Classic Weapons (BETA 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoned Rhyno should now be a bit happier; Classic Weapons beta 2.1 now has an option for players to spawn with dual Classic Enforcers. Download from the same address as before.

Comment

Yeeeehaawww.

thx, I´ll try it out now.

What I meant about the Weapon Replacement Mutator:
      Configure it, you will see a choice of weapons, each one with a drop down menu. It is meant to switch each weapon with the selected weapon. But the weapons you can switch FROM are not only stock weapons, but also custom weapons. It makes only sense to switch TO custom weapons.
      Maybe it is a ini setting for the mutator, or maybe it is up to epic to fix it. I just wanted to mention that problem.

Comment

Another suggestion:

If you are fit in weapon modelling or at least know how to import UE2 weapon models:

- SpiderMine Launcher: UT2004Style (I know it is imba, but that is, what makes it fun in botmatches)

- FlameThrower: Unreal2Style (Primary: Standard Flamethrower, Secondary: lays an inflameable liquid carpet)

Comment

Excellent work. For the first time since UT99 I finally have my traditional enforcers again. I can think of only two things to add to this mutator: adding a configuration screen so the options can be changed from the game instead of only from the ini file and a rocket launcher version that's identical to the regular one, apart from the fact that queued rockets can be stored indefinitely.

Thanks again for making this and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by FalconNL2007 View Post
            Excellent work. For the first time since UT99 I finally have my traditional enforcers again. I can think of only two things to add to this mutator: adding a configuration screen so the options can be changed from the game instead of only from the ini file
            Definitely on the cards, but thanks to Epic futzing with the UI and implementing that godawful UIScene system that uses some nebulous and entirely enigmatic interaction with the actual configuration (and God help you if you want to find out how) and then proceeding to tell us NOTHING about the system, (some frigging documentation would be nice; Are we listening, Epic?) it's not likely to happen any time soon.

and a rocket launcher version that's identical to the regular one, apart from the fact that queued rockets can be stored indefinitely.
            If by "identical to the regular one" you mean the "primary fire single rocket, secondary fire load rockets, press primary while loading to cycle ammo used", not happening. I DETEST that system. Clumsiest f***ing thing I've ever had the displeasure of using.

(If you just mean something like my current Classic Rocket Launcher - primary rockets, secondary grenades - but that doesn't auto-fire, please disregard the preceding rant.)

Comment

Yeah, I meant the one you detest. Obviously we have different tastes when it comes to the rocket launcher. Personally I have no use for the grenades so all I need is primary fire - fire a single rocket, secondary fire - queue up rockets. Press primary fire to switch between line and circle, with circle being the default. Rockets aren't fired until secondary fire is released.
              No problem though, I'll just have to sit down and reacquaint myself with the process of making a mutator (the previous one was for UT99).

Comment

Allow me to grant you the benefit of my experience then; All you need to get such a rocket launcher is to create a subclass of UTWeap_RocketLauncher and, in the defaultproperties block, set GracePeriod to 0. How you create this subclass I'll leave as an exercise for the reader. You may also want to set ItemName and PickupMessage in your class, so that your new weapon class has a unique name when it's selected and when it's picked up.

Alternatively, you could make a mutator that simply alters the GracePeriod on all UTWeap_RocketLauncher actors when they spawn. Replication would make this more tricky though - GracePeriod isn't normally replicated to the client, so the changes would need to be sent to the client separately.

However, this mutator is Classic Weapons, not Tweaked Weapons, and such a rocket launcher wouldn't be classic in any conventional sense, so it won't be happening here.

Comment

I got a bug report: When I pick up ammo for the affected weapons before I pick up the weapon itself, I don't get the ammo. It happens on both the rocket launcher and the flak gun.

Comment

Wow nice.. this is exactly what I wanted!!!.. I just hope a lot of server will pick this mutator up.

Comment

Originally posted by Janes_Addiction- View Post
                      Wow nice.. this is exactly what I wanted!!!.. I just hope a lot of server will pick this mutator up.
                      I hope not, it'd screw my flak aim :P

After some getting used to, it's really comfortable and I actually hit quite often. It's not wrong, just different.

Comment

Originally posted by haslo View Post
                        I hope not, it'd screw my flak aim :P

After some getting used to, it's really comfortable and I actually hit quite often. It's not wrong, just different.

I'm going to have to agree with this ... I have gotten used to the way this weapon works in UT3 and I actually like it. And I still play UT2K4 enough so that I just treat it like a different weapon and it doesn't affect either game .. but that is just me. I am sure a lot of folks who have made the switch to UT3 completely would like to see the old way the Alt-fire worked which is fine. This is cool work man ... a good mutator, once you iron the bugs out this will be a really cool mutator to use.

Comment

Old thread, i know. But does somebody still have the Classic Weapons file ? (either beta or final)

Comment

Working...
                          X