Classic Weapons (BETA 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Weapons (BETA 2)

Are you fed up of the inexplicably high arc of the flak cannon altfire? Do you think the rocket launcher's firing methods are needlessly clumsy? Then here is the mod for you!

Classic Weapons is a mutator meant to bring some of the flair of the original Unreal Tournament weapons to the newest entry in the franchise.
    Classic Weapons replaces three weapons with Classic counterparts; the Enforcer, the Flak Cannon, and the Rocket Launcher.
    The Classic Enforcer's primary fire is unchanged, but the secondary fire uses the "gangsta" sideways firing mode; this method of attack trades off accuracy for a faster fire rate.
    The Classic Flak Cannon's primary fire, like the Classic Enforcer's, is unchanged. The alternate fire grenade, however, will be ejected from the barrel at a straight linear velocity, instead of being fired in an arc artificially heightened above that induced by aim. In other words the altfire will now go where you aim it, rather than going higher.
    The Classic Rocket Launcher is the most drastically-altered weapon in the pack. Primary fire will launch rockets, while alternate fire will fire grenades. Tapping either fire button will fire one rocket or grenade. Holding the button down will load up to three rounds, which will be fired either when the trigger is released, or 0.96 seconds after the final round is loaded, whichever is first.
    Rounds will be fired in a linear spread by default. By pressing the other fire button, the mode can be toggled to spiral mode. Pressing the alternate fire button while loading primary fire will cause the rockets to be launched in a spiral, and pressing the primary fire button while loading alternate fire will cause the same to happen to the fired grenades.
    Pressing this fire button again before the rounds are fired will cause the mode to toggle back to the spread pattern.

Installation instructions are included in the readme.

Compatibility: Classic Weapons has been tested in standalone play only, with patch 101beta installed; However, it is not expected that other situations will cause faults, provided the usual requisite action is taken. (such as ensuring the package is named in ServerPackages if used online, for starters) I do not have the means to test this in netplay; Feedback would be appreciated.

DOWNLOAD FROM http://www.dawrecka.pwp.blueyonder.c...sicWeapons.zip (17KB)
    Screenshots
    http://www.dawrecka.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Unreal/UT3/ScreenShot00000.jpg

http://www.dawrecka.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Unreal/UT3/ScreenShot00001.jpg

http://www.dawrecka.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Unreal/UT3/ScreenShot00002.jpg

http://www.dawrecka.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Unreal/UT3/ScreenShot00003.jpg

(These were supposed to show up with thumbnails, but apparently phpBB doesn't support nested tags)

Changes in beta 2
    -----------------
    • Enforcer accuracy increased. (Note that accuracy still drops off rapidly with sustained fire)
    • Flak shell speed increased from 1200 to 1400
    • Two new Rocket Launcher types added; Classic Eightball and Millennium Eightball.
    • Configuration options have been added, configurable from UTClassicWeapons.ini
      These options are:
      1. bUseClassicEnforcer
        bUseClassicFlakCannon
        Self-explanatory; If true, then the game will use Classic Enforcers and Flak Cannons (respectively) instead of the standard UT3 equivalents. Both settings default to true.
      2. ClassicRLType
        A little stickier, this parameter has four possible values
        • ERL_Keep
          Similar to false for the above; This setting causes UT3 to use the stock Rocket Launcher, rather than replacing it.
        • ERL_ClassicRL (default)
          This setting causes UT3 to use the Classic Rocket Launcher in place of the UT3 Rocket Launcher. The Classic Rocket Launcher is designed to emulate the UT2003/2004 Rocket Launcher to an extent, in that this weapon will load up to three rockets or grenades; However, the classic mode selection is present, in that primary fire loads rockets and secondary fire loads grenades, rather than using primary fire for single rockets and alternate fire to load up multiple rockets.
        • ERL_ClassicEightball
          UT3 will use the Classic Eightball instead of the stock rocket launcher. The Classic Eightball does not use the "flocking" effect of the Classic RL or the UT3 RL, causing rockets to be fired in a circular pattern with no movement towards each other. The Classic Eightball also loads up to 6 rockets or grenades at a time.
        • ERL_MillenniumEightball
          A nod to U4E's Millennium Eightball, this is identical to the Classic Eightball in most ways, but the Millennium Eightball can hold its load indefinitely.

Note that in the absence of alternate models, (the older meshes would look out of place) the Classic RL, Eightball, and Millennium Eightball all look and sound like the UT3 RL, even though they do not behave like it.

Changes in beta 2.1
    -------------------
    • Added the Classic Dual Enforcers. By setting bUseClassicDualEnforcers to TRUE in the INI, players will spawn with dual classic Enforcers.
      Note that bUseClassicDualEnforcers overrides bUseClassicEnforcer. If bUseClassicDualEnforcers is TRUE, players will spawn with dual Enforcers even if bUseClassicEnforcer is false.

if you could show some pics it'd be nice

Comment

Originally posted by VACkillers View Post
      if you could show some pics it'd be nice
      How can you post pictures of something that's not visible, at all?
      If you've read the post then you see its only about firingmodes, the rocketlauncher for example.
      Anyway, its just how the weapons were in the old UT.

Nice work anyway! Will test this later when i come home.

Comment

Originally posted by Phyloni View Post
        How can you post pictures of something that's not visible, at all?
        If you've read the post then you see its only about firingmodes, the rocketlauncher for example.
        Just as the gentleman says, it's not something which CAN be screenshotted. Unless you want me to take a screenshot of the "Classic Rocket Launcher" that shows when you switch to the thing, or the same for the other two weapons, which is about the visible difference.

I suppose I could've taken a screenshot of firing the dual Enforcers in altfire mode, but that's about it.
        EDIT: Added screenshots of dual altfiring Enforcers to the original post.

Comment

good job! i was looking forward for this. But some tips:
          i think flak's primary can be fired with more angle.
          biorifle's trajectory need changing like flak too i think.
          PLEASE 6 ROCKETS AT ONCE!!! i know will be problems with animation, but anyway, 6 please!!!
          and why did you forget about sniper? big firerate please ;D And maybe turn off this trace, idk.

and im looking forward for classic sounds in final version!

Comment

this mutator brings joy tears to my eyes..... Thank you very much

Comment

I would like to help you out with the sounds, but sadly I have no clue how to get the UT99 sounds from the .uax. I also don't know exactly how to make those into a package (.upk) PM me if you're interesting in my ideas for sounds though I would be glad to help.

Comment

to save sounds in UT99, just open them in Editor, and make "extract to" i think
                will be saved in wav/

Comment

Uploaded a new beta; Added the info to the first post.

Comment

Please add to notice that:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=588439

(idea about classic stinger)

Comment

wow looks just like in UT99

here is original looks like

Comment

Now imagine those same meshes in UT3. Doesn't look too hot, does it? That's why I made no attempt to bring the meshes across.

Comment

I've just noticed I uploaded a version of Classic Weapons where the INI had no name or description for the mutator. (In my defence, I WAS falling asleep at the time) This has been corrected.

Comment

Please add Classic Dual Enforcers !!! (at respawn)

Can the entries of the Custom Weapons be removed from the Weapon Replacement Mutator, without removing them from the available choices? (I mean: You usually switch a Stock Weapon with a Classic Weapon, it makes no sense to switch a Classic Weapon with a Stock Weapon)

Comment

Originally posted by Stoned Rhyno View Post
                              Please add Classic Dual Enforcers !!! (at respawn)
                              Excellent idea. One I hadn't thought of. T'will be implemented next version.
                              Can the entries of the Custom Weapons be removed from the Weapon Replacement Mutator, without removing them from the available choices? (I mean: You usually switch a Stock Weapon with a Classic Weapon, it makes no sense to switch a Classic Weapon with a Stock Weapon)
                              I'm...Not quite sure what you're getting at here. More info, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X