Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-1on1-Acquisition [Alpha][Download][Pics][Updated]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Nice screens, lokking forward to test it tonight wiv me dudes

    Comment


      #92
      So the other mapper with the smooth as silk layouts finally shows up ... so when can we expect a cool little 4 person level from you may I ask sir. You know how much us old PC players loved your work in UT2K4 and for the UCMP collections.
      Replying here to bump Slain's map, honest

      I'm just barely getting into UT3 & the new editor - in fact, had I not won a free copy of the game over at BU a couple weeks back, I prolly would not have the game. Now I just need a decent PC.../looks around...

      There's quite a lot to learn. and just creating a decent map layout can take a while. I can almost guarantee the first map I make won't get out to the public. I am truly in awe at some of the fine work coming out using these new tools.

      Comment


        #93
        ^^ Well thanks for replying ... you and Slain make such great maps ... and I am really looking forward to seeing both of you mature with this engine and also to seeing you remake a couple of your best levels from UT2K4 from the UCMP.

        Comment


          #94
          I won't be doing any remakes, old maps should stay where they belong.

          Comment


            #95
            Oh well, I'm going to miss all the old maps *sheds a tear* They were so great!.

            Oh, and Slainchild, i'm just getting into mapping and i looked at Acquisition in the editor so as to understand how mapping works, for i still haven't understood how it works, but thanks to your map i'm understanding how actual maps are rightly made... so i just wanted to say thanks. No if only i could figure out where the blocking volumes are.

            Still, Acquisition is a great map, the green overlay color works perfectly, but just wondering doesn't having the shock rifle in that curved corridor take away from its ability to hit (kind of accurately) from afar? (from a mapping point of view),

            Comment


              #96
              Wow nice map I personally think that the sniper and the flak cannon should switch places :>

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by Slainchild View Post
                I won't be doing any remakes, old maps should stay where they belong.
                So you are not going to remake ANY of your UCMP levels for UT3? Well would you give someone else permission to remake your levels for UT3 as long as they of course credited you with the original of course?

                Comment


                  #98
                  haha you're not joking about it being dark. If you put the lighting to where it was on the A2 beta we're in good shape. =)

                  Comment


                    #99
                    I just downloaded the A3 version (you should update your first post if possible) and have a dumb question. Don't we need an .ini file? Can we use the A2 version .ini?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Mojo View Post
                      I just downloaded the A3 version (you should update your first post if possible) and have a dumb question. Don't we need an .ini file? Can we use the A2 version .ini?
                      I was able to use it with an .ini

                      Comment


                        The game will auto-generate a default .ini file when you load the game. I will supply my own with the final map which includes map preview screenshot info etc.

                        Anuban, I would rather no-one remade any of my maps thanks.

                        I will be swapping the sniper and flak for the next version, and a couple other small changes.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Slainchild View Post
                          The game will auto-generate a default .ini file when you load the game. I will supply my own with the final map which includes map preview screenshot info etc.

                          Anuban, I would rather no-one remade any of my maps thanks.

                          I will be swapping the sniper and flak for the next version, and a couple other small changes.
                          Thanks, glad you took my opinion into consideration. BTW deffo one of my favourite maps, inspired, im going to start mapping again s00n !

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by woooo View Post
                            Thanks, glad you took my opinion into consideration. BTW deffo one of my favourite maps, inspired, im going to start mapping again s00n !
                            You mean after you finish with the Upickups mutator?

                            Comment


                              bump

                              update?

                              Comment


                                Not worked on it sorry.. Busy with work, other things, etc.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X