No announcement yet.

DM-1on1-Acquisition [Alpha][Download][Pics][Updated]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as far as i remember hourences told about being busy (RL) and that there will most likely be a second mappack one day...no words on anything else

Comment

I have made progress with it, but slowly. I have done some cool things with it but nothing really worth showing yet.

It wont be in HOLP2. Its not exactly low poly. But yes HOLP2 is in development, Hourences will not be involved this time, as he has no time to be involved. I haven't checked with the other members about the pack progress, and they haven't checked with me about my progress (i'm working on a tdm map for it). So I can't be sure when that will be ready.
      The first HOLP just came about when Hourences was pimping his ego on IRC as usual when he jokingly said "lets make a mappack!" and I half-jokingly replied "sure!". Of course then everyone else active in the channel over the next few days started to warm to the idea and we went from there. It was just a one-off cool idea basically. I don't think anyone really expected it to warrant a sequel.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... One custom mesh so far. Probably won't be any more (its a one-use-only rock/cave type thing). One custom decal texture too. 98% Stock content for this map. I have tweaked some of the Epic materials for my own uses but yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
        Where? I wanna see a link to this.
        Wow ... as long as you have known me and now you doubt my word?

here then if you really need proof:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...t=Holp&page=11

Comment

I know, I trust your word, but heck, its nice to see the written statement on it.

Comment

Time for an update I guess...

This isn't really a very "clean" release. I just wanted to post something.

-There aren't blocking volumes where there should be.
            -Only around 50% of the map is "decorated". Will be fairly obvious when you're running around which areas are done and which are not.
            -Its dark. Almost Doom3 dark. This is because I deleted most of the lights.
            -Dunno what to do with the area you can see outside the glass room (50a). Any suggestions..?

Any feedback on anything is welcome.

Screenshots:

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/91.jpg[/screenshot]
            [screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/92.jpg[/screenshot]
            [screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/93.jpg[/screenshot]

LINK http://www.slainchild.com/files/DM-1...isition_a3.zip

Comment

The latest version is really nice and looks like it is coming along just fine. Nothing was off to me ... just saw the bots get stuck kind of often next to the stairs that lead to the chest armor on the way back from getting the shield belt. So yeah so far no complaints ... I like the color scheme ... just curious as to what kind of visual trim you are going to add. Also maybe this map should be taking place in a run down future city so the outside will have some city stuff, trashed cars, run down park, etc. No space station stuff please ... got plently of those maps.

Comment

Thanks Anuban. No it won't be a space station. It's definitely part of some random refinery or something like that.

Added some screenshots for y'all.

Comment

nooooooooo! i'm not at home! can't try the new version! have to wait till thursday!

the screens look great, though

Comment

Honestly, still adore this map gameplay-wise, but not a fan of the new visual style. Too dark and dreary... too much like stock DM maps. =/

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                      Too dark and dreary... too much like stock DM maps. =/
                      Well I have to respectfully disagree here ... the level is exactly what we need ... the gameplay of UT2k4 Slain maps married to the new theme and graphics engine of UT3. Man I couldn't be more pleased with how this is turning out. I for one don't want a map that looks like it should be in UT2K4 ... not an original anyway. But hey this is just my opinion ... as always the final say so is going to be up the dev ... in this case Slainchild.

Comment

I like it, my only thing is the shock room felt disconnected from everything else, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                          Well I have to respectfully disagree here ... the level is exactly what we need ... the gameplay of UT2k4 Slain maps married to the new theme and graphics engine of UT3. Man I couldn't be more pleased with how this is turning out. I for one don't want a map that looks like it should be in UT2K4 ... not an original anyway. But hey this is just my opinion ... as always the final say so is going to be up the dev ... in this case Slainchild.
                          I definitely agree that it should utilize graphics like the rest of Ut3; no need to go HOLP here. I'm talking more about the lighting than anything. If anything, I preferred the previous versions well-lit simplicity.

Comment

Yes it looks a bit similar to the stock maps, but thats kinda what you have to go with if you use only stock meshes. The lighting is indeed dark like I mentioned, it will be a tad brighter when I'm done.

Comment

Coming along nicely, Slain. I'm having fun with the lift jumps, but still getting used to the changes in UT3, mind you...they seem a tad too fast.

For outside, it definitely looks like it should be a mostly barren world, based on the refinery theme and the gritty dust feeling. Two suns, of course.

Not too keen on this setup, for the shield belt....I think the jump pad route makes it too easy, plus the room over all is too small it seems.

In the next picture, you see the thigh pads in same view as the shield belt... they may be too close to each other, imo.

Comment

^^^ So the other mapper with the smooth as silk layouts finally shows up ... so when can we expect a cool little 4 person level from you may I ask sir. You know how much us old PC players loved your work in UT2K4 and for the UCMP collections.

Comment

Working...
                                X