Überboard (Hoverboard Mutator) [Pics & Download] [NEW Release]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickilla View Post
    neat, but wouldn't it be cool if doing tricks into enemies will gib them? that would be slick, sliding by and when some idiot gets in the way do a spin and knock of his head.
    I had it set up to do this a long time ago but it was nearly impossible to land a trick on somebody.

The mod isn't dead, I've just put it on the backburner for now. The PS3 version is all screwed up because I have no clue how to cook it and still keep the stupid mutator config (somebody let me know if anyone ever figures this one out).

Anyone is welcome to base their mods off this or add new features, just make sure to drop a post here and let me know so I can see what cool stuff people are making with it

Comment

Love the uberboard, a buddy of mine has an early version.

I tried to install this mutator last night (downloaded from ut3mod.com. When I would try to use my board... it was like I was in spectator mode and my keys mapped differently or some other input problem. The only other mutator I had installed was gibolicious. Once I deleted uberboard, the bug went away.

Comment

Originally posted by I<3UT View Post
        Love the uberboard, a buddy of mine has an early version.

I tried to install this mutator last night (downloaded from ut3mod.com. When I would try to use my board... it was like I was in spectator mode and my keys mapped differently or some other input problem. The only other mutator I had installed was gibolicious. Once I deleted uberboard, the bug went away.
        I've personally ran my build with gibalicious and I know for sure that they are compatible. Try running the latest version that I built from this thread.

Comment

Still no joy. The import seemed to go okay, though the unpacking seemed to take a long time. After the import, the uberboard mod wasn't listed as being imported.

Comment

Still no joy. The import seemed to go okay, though the unpacking seemed to take a long time. After the import, the uberboard mod wasn't listed as being imported.
            What are you unpacking/importing? If you're using a PS3, please note that I don't have any way to support PS3 users at this time. Sorry

Comment

Yes, PS3. From here - http://www.ut3mod.com/search/label/MUTATORS I know at least one version worked, we still play it when my buddy hosts.

Comment

Yes, PS3. From here - http://www.ut3mod.com/search/label/MUTATORS I know at least one version worked, we still play it when my buddy hosts.
                Yeah, there is a version floating around that doesn't have the mutator config screen cooked in -- that's probably why mine doesn't load. On PC all versions that I've released so far work with the 12 or so mutators I have installed right now.

The latest one just fixes a little bot translocator problem and adds customizable stuff that the mutator screen controls, so you aren't missing much, lol.

Comment

Now that I found out the directory structure is no longer needed for ps3 import, I'll try again.

Comment

UT3 Crashes when I try to use the Spawn custom character with the Uberboard. What is up with that? Is there additional settings I need to worry about for custom characters? Anybody else seen this issue? Any work arounds?

Comment

Originally posted by xfuture View Post
                      UT3 Crashes when I try to use the Spawn custom character with the Uberboard. What is up with that? Is there additional settings I need to worry about for custom characters? Anybody else seen this issue? Any work arounds?
                      What exactly did you do? My mod just turns all the Hoverboards into Uberboard instances and flips on the hoverboard toggle and a bot switch or two. I'm not really sure why you're getting a crash, maybe you can give me some more details?

Comment

I will try and be more thorough. I will have to test it some more but what I can tell you at this time is I was playing the Uberboard mod with the Spawn no Mask (Armored) character and when I would try to switch to the hoverboard it would freeze up. The first time there was some weird tube graphic on the screen but that only happened once. Then if I would press the Q again to switch back things would pop back to normal after a brief (1 minute) pause or the game would crash. Out of curiosity I loaded up another character and everything worked fine. I am going to test again using a different custom character and try the regular hover board with the Spawn character and I will post my results.

Update. The uberboard works fine with other custom characters it's just the Spawn character that doesn't seem to work. Spawn doesn't work with the regular hoverboard either so it's not the Uberboard but the Character that is causing issues. Sorry for the trouble. Superlative mod by the way. Can't wait for the ablility to use weapons while riding the board.

Comment

I found the issue and feel pretty darn stupid. It is all in where I added lines to the custom character ini. Case closed people.

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                            I had it set up to do this a long time ago but it was nearly impossible to land a trick on somebody.

The mod isn't dead, I've just put it on the backburner for now. The PS3 version is all screwed up because I have no clue how to cook it and still keep the stupid mutator config (somebody let me know if anyone ever figures this one out).

Anyone is welcome to base their mods off this or add new features, just make sure to drop a post here and let me know so I can see what cool stuff people are making with it
                            Hey chameleon... great mod.

I'm trying the tweak Uberboard in various ways for the ps3... still experimenting but I'll be sure to post any release-worthy results.

I am having trouble getting my version to allow me to link to other hoverboards. In my version, I have overridden the IsGoodTowTruck function to return true. Is that all you had to do?

Comment

Originally posted by pacerx View Post
                              Hey chameleon... great mod.

I'm trying the tweak Uberboard in various ways for the ps3... still experimenting but I'll be sure to post any release-worthy results.

I am having trouble getting my version to allow me to link to other hoverboards. In my version, I have overridden the IsGoodTowTruck function to return true. Is that all you had to do?
                              Thanks! If you're working on your own, you'll need to do more than override IsGoodTowTruck (that's just for bots). To add an attach point set this in your defaultproperties:\

Code:
                              HoverBoardAttachSockets(0)="RearCenterThrusterSocket"
                              You could of course use a different socket but the rear thruster is in a perfect place. You can also use the defaultproperties to set stuff like speed and jumping variables. In NotifyDriverTakeHit you can see how I made it harder for a player to get knocked off the board:

Code:
                              /*****************************************************************
                              * Replace TakeDamage to modify how much damage a driver can take *
                              *****************************************************************/

function NotifyDriverTakeHit(Controller InstigatedBy, vector HitLocation, int Damage, class<DamageType> DamageType, vector Momentum)
                              {
                                      local class<UTDamageType> UTDmgType;

// if we take more than 'DamagePercentThreshold' of the driver's health, force a ragdoll
                                      if (Damage > DamagePercentThreshold*Driver.Health &&
                                      InstigatedBy != None && !WorldInfo.GRI.OnSameTeam(InstigatedBy, self))
                                      {
                                              UTDmgType = class<UTDamageType>(DamageType);
                                              if (UTDmgType != None && UTDmgType.default.DamageWeaponClass != None)
                                              {
                                                      // might be in physics tick and can't send things to ragdoll during that, so delay one tick
                                                      SetTimer(0.01, false, 'RagdollDriver');
                                              }
                                      }
                              }
                              Good luck! Feel free to post a link to your mod in this thread, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in a tweaked PS3 version :P

Comment

Yes! That did the trick. Thanks!

The first stage of my endeavor is just to combine all the mods we use on our clan server into a single mod. This will make launching the server easier (we have to reboot at least twice a day) Also we'd like to eliminate the "out of body experience" problem that occurs on the ps3 when the player has Uberboard installed and joins a server that uses it too. Hopefully having this custom implementation will eliminate conflicts with the real Uberboard. If it does, maybe I'll release a stand-alone "Uberboard-PS3-ServerEdition" for other hosts who want it.

Thanks again for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                                X