No announcement yet.

Überboard (Hoverboard Mutator) [Pics & Download] [NEW Release]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dag beat me to the punch, ooh well. I was going to have just the balance system, heh, not the towing and map additions.

If I may make a suggestion, the system I implemented had a threshold, and an accumulated amount of damage. The accumulated amount of damage would reset itself if whoever was pegging the boarder took to long to hit them each consecutive time.

Comment

is final version coming soon ??

also any other fun vehicle Mutators from you ?

Comment

This is a great idea! Can't wait to try it

Comment

looks very good!
          i hope this one gets on a lot of servers so we can use it a lot online!

about the weapon suggestion: maybe you can use the primairy-fire to connect to vehicles, and the alt-fire to fire a link gun alike beam [or a plasma shield thingy], straight ahead
          this way the hover/uber board gets a high tactical value and you wont be completely defenseless on a hoverboard
          an good idea maybe?

Comment

Very fun mutator. One tiny bug. When I use it with CTF, the bots cheat by using the hoverboard and the translocator. Suggest having the mutator disable the translocator.

Comment

Originally posted by Coreper View Post
              the alt-fire to fire a link gun alike beam (or a plasma shield thingy), straight ahead
              this way the hover/uber board gets a high tactical value and you wont be completely defenseless on a hoverboard
              We were discussing something like this a while back, but we never hit on the point that you could use the alt fire to shoot it. Great idea!

Originally posted by polymer View Post
              If I may make a suggestion, the system I implemented had a threshold, and an accumulated amount of damage.
              Mine uses a percentage of your health (right now its about 40%). As you get weaker it makes it easier to knock you off.

Originally posted by cel4145 View Post
              One tiny bug. When I use it with CTF, the bots cheat by using the hoverboard and the translocator. Suggest having the mutator disable the translocator.
              Once I figure out how the UI works I can make a config to change all sorts of fun stuff. Thanks for letting me know about the translocator bug!

PS: I haven't been working on the mutator very much because I've been doing finals for the past week. If anyone could help me out with some info on mutator UIs or if anyone wants to check out my source files, just let me know.

I'm also waiting for the flipping Linux client to come out so I don't have to reboot every time I want to work on it.

Comment

Hey cham, i'm reallly excited to try this mutator, any chance you could post a PS3 compatible link up so i can check it out?

Comment

nice little mutator man

dling now

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                    Once I figure out how the UI works I can make a config to change all sorts of fun stuff. Thanks for letting me know about the translocator bug!
                    I was glad to help. It's a great mod

One suggestion if you do figure the config stuff. It would be real fun to play Warfare and VCTF maps with the hoverboard only. In fact, I know I'd much rather play the VCTF maps without the other vehicles (maybe I'm weird--lol). Could be this is the way to configure the mutator by default, so that Hoverboard is enabled for all maps and translocator and all other vehicles disabled. Then it becomes the Überboard UT3 gametype!

BTW: I understand about finals. I don't take 'em. I give 'em and grade 'em Best of luck!

Comment

I love the Uberboard!

However, I've designed my own vehicle deathmatch - still working on it...

http://files.filefront.com/DM+Vehicl.../fileinfo.html

But the uberboard doesn't work in it. It there some actor that has to be on the level for the uberboard to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaaaaaaaalie View Post
                        I love the Uberboard!

However, I've designed my own vehicle deathmatch - still working on it...

http://files.filefront.com/DM+Vehicl.../fileinfo.html

But the uberboard doesn't work in it. It there some actor that has to be on the level for the uberboard to work?
                        I don't think so, the mutator uses the following to turn on the hoverboard for any gametype:
                        Code:
                        function InitMutator(string Options, out string ErrorMessage)
                        {
                                if ( UTGame(WorldInfo.Game) != None )
                                {
                                        UTGame(WorldInfo.Game).bAllowHoverboard = true;
                                }

Super.InitMutator(Options, ErrorMessage);
                        }

function ModifyPlayer(Pawn Other)
                        {
                            if ( UTPawn(Other) != None )
                            {
                                UTPawn(Other).HoverboardClass=Class'Uberboard.UTVehicle_Uberboard';
                            }
                            Super.ModifyPlayer(Other);
                        }
                        It does extend UTVehicle_Hoverboard, though, so I'm thinking the problem might be in there somewhere. I wonder if the regular Hoverboard depends on something in the map... I'll have to look into it myself when I have a little more time - you can check out one of the Epic maps and see if they use any funny actors or anything. AFAIK it doesn't, because my mutator works great on DM maps, etc. Best of luck, keep me updated if you figure it out!

Comment

I added this mutator to my server with additional muts and everytime I switch to the uberboard it sends me out to space, me floating around...must be a conflict with the other muts im using.

Comment

IMHO you mutator is awesome on my server. Never had any problems what so ever!! What would make it better is just 1 thing..........

Add the ability to fire weapons while on hoverboard! Is this possible?????

Comment

Good news!
                              It turns out that it does work on my map after all. I hope you didn't lose any sleep over this issue.

When you publish a map for the first time, it deletes everything in your "published" folder, which included the Uberboard script, however, the uberboard config file was still in the "config" folder, so it still showed up as a mutator, it just didn't do anything, because there was no script there.

I've re-installed it and it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                                Add the ability to fire weapons while on hoverboard! Is this possible?????
                                I'm definitely thinking about it! It's a little tough to work with U3 right now because some of interesting the functions run in the engine itself, where you can't modify them. For instance, the stuff that searches for points you can hook up to on the hoverboard is coded into the engine (as far as i could see), which shot down a few of my ideas.

Originally I had the idea that a player doing stunts could land headshot damage on someone, but it turned out that its REALLY tough to land a hit when you're doing a stunt.

I'm considering using the beam to do things like cut other player's heads off or something like that, along with better control when you're being towed. If anybody has suggestions or ideas, let me know! This thread would be a great place to brainstorm.

Originally posted by Chaaaaaaaalie View Post
                                Good news!
                                It turns out that it does work on my map after all. I hope you didn't lose any sleep over this issue. . . . I've re-installed it and it works fine.
                                Don't worry, I'm lazy enough that I haven't even looked at the code yet. I'm glad to hear you got it working!

Comment

Working...
                                X