• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Überboard (Hoverboard Mutator) [Pics & Download] [NEW Release]

Name:
    Überboard
    Version:
    Description:
    Modifies the Hoverboard and lets you use it on all maps. Players on an Überboard can tow behind other Überboards and take more hits before falling off. The Überboard is also slightly faster than a regular Hoverboard.
    Credits:
    Based on the existing UTVehicle_Hoverboard from Epic
    Download:
    v0.2 on Filefront

Note to mirrors/repackagers: Please include the readme file and note any changes!
    Screens:

Please let me know your ideas & any issues you have with the Überboard!

Note: There is a problem with the PS3 cooks that have mutator menus. You can find a version without the menu in this thread.

Release notes:
    • Mutator config screen.
    • I probably fixed the bot translocator problem, so keep an eye out if some bot starts teleporting and report back.

Coming up next release:
    • configurable ways for 'board riders to deal damage!

gonna try soon, looks good

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Once I get more of my machines up and running with UT3 my brother and I will be taking some crazy screenshots of chained up 'boards. It should be possible to tow an entire team behind a fast vehicle, haha.

Comment

Uhh published is not in the mygmaes/ut3 folder thing

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Vipes View Post
            Uhh published is not in the mygmaes/ut3 folder thing
            Just make sure you extract to "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame". Published might not be there at first - just create it if it isn't there (the zip extract should do this automatically).

Comment

Finally, i can't wait for this to be finished, i love the hoverboard!

Comment

Nice. : D

You should add an option to remove the damage you get while latched to an allied vehicle that's moving to fast (ramming you into walls).

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Kurosawa View Post
                  Nice. : D

You should add an option to remove the damage you get while latched to an allied vehicle that's moving to fast (ramming you into walls).
                  I was actually playing around with the collision response junk a while ago. The next release should also make it harder to disconnect players being towed. Anyone have any tips on making a config UI for a mutator?

Comment

Epic, this is what the game SHOULD have came with

Comment

Ah, THIS is what mutators should be all about. Not changing the entire game, just giving it a different flavour. I love the idea!

Comment

Finally install this Mutator and play in TDM !

and Bot use too
                        thank you for fun Mutator !

Comment

I wouldn't mind a few wall slides or other advanced moves, not quite the variety of Tony Hawks or anything but the ability to grind the scenery a bit using your momentum. In the game, if you crouch and press left or right, you can spin around when you release crouch. This makes me think that Epic were going to add more functionality to the board but didn't get around to it.
                          If that's too much of a task then how about double clicking forward for some rocket power?

Thanks for the cool mutator Chameleon.

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                            Name:
                            Überboard
                            Version:
                            Description:
                            Modifies the Hoverboard and lets you use it on all maps. Players on an Überboard can tow behind other Überboards and take more hits before falling off. The Überboard is also slightly faster than a regular Hoverboard.
                            Credits:
                            Based on the existing UTVehicle_Hoverboard from Epic
                            Download: Screens:

I was experimenting with some ways to deal damage with the 'board but it's getting late and the current board is quite fun to play with as-is
                            Please let me know your ideas & any issues you have with the Überboard!
                            Hi Cham,I know this one is hard but for my sugestion/idea is... Use a weapon(s) while on the hoverboard,and to balance it better let us only use the Rocket Launcher.
                            So please remember if you manage to do that just let us use the RocketLaunch it would be very FUN with just it.
                            let me know what you think.

Comment

Is this mutator configurable from ingame? I'll give it a shot. If its not configurable ingame you should make it so it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X