• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assorted Vehicle Mutators [beta]

(FlagsInVehicles and NoVehicleLocks)

Name: Assorted Vehicle Mutators

Version: 0.2 (alpha)

Compatibility: UT3 (tested on build 3487)

Description: Two vehicle-related mutators for UT3:
    • Flags in Vehicles: carry flags and orbs in chosen vehicle types
    • No Vehicle Locks: vehicles in team bases, at cores or nodes are not locked and can be therefore hijacked by the other team

Credits:
    Author: Ondra "Ravu al Hemio" Hošek
    Thanks: Epic Games, Michiel "El Muerte" Hendriks, Epic forum member Jrubzjeknf

Known issues:
    • No localization (due to what looks like a design error in UT3-3487 -- mutator GUI info localizations must be placed in UTGame.int)
    • Flags in Vehicles and No Vehicle Locks have no default options
    • Flags in Vehicles has no GUI configuration menu (the menu system looks pretty baroque at this point; I'll see if things get better after the first patch)

Please read the README before you ask me why Flags in Vehicles is not working!

Download: AssortedVehicleMutators-0.2.zip

The list of mutators included in this package might grow over time. I will try not to reimplement existing mutators, though, to avoid conflicts of interest.

Nightshade carries flags too, eh? How does that work when it's stealthed? Does the flag still show?

Could I ask you how you wrote these mutators? I'm trying to move into UT3 modding. Does compiling still require ucc commands?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
      Could I ask you how you wrote these mutators? I'm trying to move into UT3 modding. Does compiling still require ucc commands?
      Have a look in the coding forum.

Comment

To tell you the truth, I haven't tried it with a Nightshade yet.

I found another issue, though... turrets are unlocked too. I don't think people want that. I'll look into fixing that... soonish.

EDIT: Nighshade cloaks, flag stays visible. Not sure if I should really work around that behavior...

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
        Yes, compiling requires "ucc" commands, but this time, you use the fat engine executable (ut3.exe) instead of the lean-and-mean ucc.exe. If you want to see my code, just do a "ut3 batchexport" on the .u file. (See also "ut3 help batchexport".)

ANOTHER EDIT: You can now specify a "blacklist" for the "unlocker". See the README. Yay for version 0.2!

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
          Have a look in the coding forum.
          We have a coding forum now? Oops. Thanks for the pointers, both of you.

Comment

Yeah, it was added yesterday. It was where I was told how to compile... and could at last start work on my mutators proper.

Comment

Nice mutator, I'll be sure to pick this one up (cause i like having the scorpion with the flag) when UT3 comes out on Monday over here (Canada).

Comment

thats really sweet!!!! thanks a lot dude its nice to be able to start changing the game already

Comment

Well, some of my first thoughts after launching a demo game on VCTF-Suspense were, "Why the <expletive> can't I carry the mother<expletive>ing flag in a <expletive>ing Scorpion like I could in UT2k4? And what <expletive>ing vehicle can I carry the mother<expletive>ed flag in anyway?" My friend was friendly enough to guide me through that time of exasperation: "Press Q." Unhappy with the Hoverboard's lackluster performance, I swore right then that the first piece of code I'd write for UT3 would be a mutator allowing me to put my flag in a real vehicle -- such as a nimble and slightly safer Scorpion.

And since the vehicle lock remover was such a popular mutator for UT2k4, I decided to add that to the mix. And because I'm such a fan of options and configurability (<expletive> you, five-options-are-too-much UT3 menu!!!), I decided to add options for server administrators to choose which vehicles the mutators should act on.

That's the backstory. It tells you more about my cursing habits than about the mutators itself, but... I don't know how to finish this sentence.

Anyway, thanks for all the positive feedback! Sorry to hear that you're getting the game later than us living in the bounds of Germany, Austria and probably Switzerland, but you do get a slightly better initial experience since you already have access to a few community modifications.

Comment

Hey, I dont ahve the game yet, but Im glad someone did this.

For people that like 2k4 vctf, this is the way to play it. I never really saw a point to disabling vehicle flag runs other than to encourage grappling and to disable scorpion booster runs.

Also, if you could make a mutator option in this mtuator to disable scorp boosting with flag, that would be cool as well.
                    Im not too sure how playing vctf with the scorp will play out, so having that option in this mutator would address scorp boosting if it ends up being a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravu al Hemio View Post
                      Well, some of my first thoughts after launching a demo game on VCTF-Suspense were, "Why the <expletive> can't I carry the mother<expletive>ing flag in a <expletive>ing Scorpion like I could in UT2k4? And what <expletive>ing vehicle can I carry the mother<expletive>ed flag in anyway?" My friend was friendly enough to guide me through that time of exasperation: "Press Q." Unhappy with the Hoverboard's lackluster performance, I swore right then that the first piece of code I'd write for UT3 would be a mutator allowing me to put my flag in a real vehicle -- such as a nimble and slightly safer Scorpion.
                      Good choice for a mutator Ravu, i'm forever indebted to you (well virtually anyways), can't wait to see this bug free (hey, i like things to not have problems).

Comment

Nice job, I will post links to this thread when people complain about VCTF

Comment

Do bots understand this mutator?

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                            Do bots understand this mutator?
                            Yes, the bots DO understand that they can use selected vehicles when they have the flag.

My current problem is that opposing vehicles are still locked.

Comment

never mind... got it working

Comment

Working...
                              X