DM-Valon (The making of...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Very nice! I love the "old school" look, with the trim and lots of varying vertical options. Can't wait to play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The map as been release earlier today in the beta thread here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    From what I found out when mapping in UT3's UEd: Apparently the BSP Cut view still exists under the view options (called a bit differetnly though and no more under viewport options). Maybe it will help you to spot the origin of the issue by looking at the cuts?
    Ah, THX for the hint bud. But I've manage to get rid of the issue, hopefully

I'll release the pre-final tomorrow & it's about time after all the months I've worked on it !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    From what I found out when mapping in UT3's UEd: Apparently the BSP Cut view still exists under the view options (called a bit differetnly though and no more under viewport options). Maybe it will help you to spot the origin of the issue by looking at the cuts?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A good & a bad news...

Good : The map is finish, ready to be release...

Bad : I discovered an invisible collision hull & it affect gameplay very badly which I can't release the map with this **** bug

Once the issue is fix, I will release the map. Stay tune

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by M^vL View Post
    Map is looking great Steve! I know what you are going through with the editor. It can be so frustrating sometimes. My last version of Curse only builds correctly without crashing the editor probably once every five times.
    THX Martin

I've finally lower the value of some big surfaces without loosing visual quality so that I can crank up other surfaces I'm in last steps of checking the map for issues, visual artifacts & such, yé ! I'll release a pre-final in 1 - 2 weeks, following by the final after in another ± 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    **** 32 bits limitation !!!

I wanted to add a bit more details into the map but it look like I've reach the editor memory limit which is 4 GB. My PC does have 16 GB but since it's a 32 bits apps, I'm stuck with the physical / logical limit of the 32 bits software, which is really dull... The process use 3.91 of RAM at the moment but a full rebuild work only once per 10 trials. Sadly shadows won't be as crisp as I want but I don't really have a choice if I want to release the map. It as reach a descent look now.
    Map is looking great Steve! I know what you are going through with the editor. It can be so frustrating sometimes. My last version of Curse only builds correctly without crashing the editor probably once every five times.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BTW, Maliwan is awesome too & I'm looking for the next release
    Got some busy time IRL at the moment so i can't work on it as much as i want but it's progressing bit by bit. Not sure when I'll release it but it should hit final anyway

I wanted to add a bit more details into the map but it look like I've reach the editor memory limit which is 4 GB. My PC does have 16 GB but since it's a 32 bits apps, I'm stuck with the physical / logical limit of the 32 bits software, which is really dull... The process use 3.91 of RAM at the moment but a full rebuild work only once per 10 trials. Sadly shadows won't be as crisp as I want but I don't really have a choice if I want to release the map. It as reach a descent look now.
    Got the same issue with malevolence, i thought it was my computer but it appeared it's the Engine :/.
    I found out that building low quality lights first, then the full quality afterward makes it crash less often, activating 10/15 minutes autosaves while building lights helped too. I'd really like to know how Cr4zy succeeded in building DM-Edge with its 5 thousands or so lights, that's a mystery to me.

And i'm starting to get this issue again on Viridian, but i'm not even sure why as the lightning/BSP is not that complex ...

**** Editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PlayForGG View Post
    I'm loving it. The Light/shadows looks more subtle and the light sources here there add some depth.
    If the rest of the map looks this good and the map plays well, it'll be a must have
    THX

Indeed, the rest of the map look even better and gameplay is fun too. Dunno if it will be a "must" for everyone but I can say I like it very much BTW, Maliwan is awesome too & I'm looking for the next release

Originally posted by Anubis 'Shadowgod' View Post
    Now that's the kind of progress I like! These shadows make the map look so much better and give a lot more depth. Looking forward to the next progress and of course the final map, once it is done. Keep up the good work, buddy!
    THX budd

Hope you will like it in the end !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Now that's the kind of progress I like! These shadows make the map look so much better and give a lot more depth. Looking forward to the next progress and of course the final map, once it is done. Keep up the good work, buddy!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm loving it. The Light/shadows looks more subtle and the light sources here there add some depth.
    If the rest of the map looks this good and the map plays well, it'll be a must have

Leave a comment:

• replied
    May update

May update

Many brushes, meshes & such as been added since my last pic posted April 10th. I also started to test shadows on some spots & other things. Today, is only to show what as been done on the upper platform in front of the camera. I've made a lot of progress since my last pic but I'll restrict myself to only show what as been change from that view since my last pic. Hope you like it

April / May

[screenshot]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f269/mn8aul0eq72k50bfg.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0a59/y8dl0yep3gqpqvxfg.jpg[/screenshot]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX Anubis

Just a little post to say that progress is very slow but still, I'm working on it everytime I can & it will be release.

THX everyone for following

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only thing I can say about that is: TAKE MY MONEY!!! Keep up the good work! I'm really looking forward to this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X