Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    OK...

...I'm done now. This thread can be moved to the Full Releases section.

EDIT: Everyone help this thread to get moved to the Full Release section. Can you hear it asking for our help? I can............"help me, help me, hellllllllp...."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wild, detailed, massively-huge maps!

OK, I'm doing this map pack review a little different than my normal map pack reviews. I'm going to post each map review as I complete them right here in this post. I'll start with the first two today and then add as I complete each one. So, check back to this post for any updates until I complete all 12 maps. Maybe by then this thread will be moved to the Full Releases section.

CTF-Aria_Galactica - very unique Moloch design and this first map has his design stamp on it for sure with the hard-edged huge design and metal music. It has nice custom metal music that fits the map, but the levels seem a little high. I like the ships, gyroscopes, galaxies, stars, laser beams, lower area, falling effect, backdoor and (speaking of backdoor) other things that are “nice” to look at. Is that the Aria we all know and love? The map is insanely long, so it might be good to search out other less obvious and shorter routes. It is tough to CTF and this map will definitely require teamwork; bots aren’t too bad.

CTF-MLH-Christcrusher_Distant_Horizons - This map was the second one I tried and should be subtitled “WTF Forest”…at least that’s what I thought when I first spawned to a scene of a thick forest with some fallen trees and a weird giant millepede bug or wild (Alien series) starship/building of some sort. Alas, this forest is only a small part of this map. I also like the skybox, surrounding mountains scene, futuristic gold/green city, cliffs and plethora of pickups. Most of the space is too wide-open in this massively huge map, which it makes it difficult to CTF before getting nailed. It also makes some other large CTF maps like BridgeOfFate and Ezsmerhim seem small by comparison. The gameplay can get boring quickly, but never the visuals; bots are decent. Also, there's a DM version of this map so I may have effectively just reviewed that one as well.

CTF-Rlyeh - This is the third one I tried and it has thrash metal music, wild canyons, dark/cloudy skybox, ocean wreck, rocks everywhere, teleporters, high jumppads as well as strange and wonderful designer buildings and portals. The water needs work and it’s another large CTF map, but know where you’re going before trying online. Holy Hell! WTF is that Darkwalker doing there?! Also, there's also a DM version of this map so I may have effectively just reviewed that one too.

DM-Corrupt - I SEE RED!!! The ocean needs work (at least for spectating, etc.) and the skybox seems a little off, but I like the nuvo-look, smokestacks, billboards, stairs, tubes, bridges, turbines and ambient sounds (waves, turbines, etc.). The music is eerie albeit a little low in volume and the gameplay is almost wide-open but has it’s tighter spots.

DM-Corrupt-EnigmaticEdition - This is the aqua-green edition of this map and it’s hard to tell difference between water surface and platforms sometimes. Also, same cool stuff and I just noticed the teleporters in this version.

DM-Forbidden_World - another wild wide-open map with some powerup surprises and once again my TDM bot team loses (I even gave us a 10 frag lead at one point). I like the kaleidoscope slybox, crazy moon, “roulette” wheels, waterfalls, spurting lava/blood, colorful monuments/buildings (snakes, women and aliens again…cool), smoke puffs, pipes and alien landscape.

DM-Gap - chainsaws can create great gaps! The sheer size and openness of this one makes me think Moloch, but the wild colors/textures/meshes are missing. I like the good detail in the cliff faces, jumps and powerups, but basically besides that this map is too plain, too wide-open and not enough players.

DM-Hyperneros - yes, a very unique map with the alien “deathstar” with swirling galaxies/nebulaes, nice custom music remix with voice overs, cyan and purple plasmas, red force field, turbines and insanely-huge inside to the “deathstar”. Just so much stuff going on in this huge map with pathways, pipes, jumppads, central hubs, twirling wheels and other things that it can be overwhelming at times. Bots are good and don’t fall.

DM-MLH-Christcrusher_Original - This map is the same as the CTF version so you’ll definitely want TDM. It should still be subtitled “WTF Forest”…at least that’s what I thought when I first spawned to a scene of a thick forest with some fallen trees and a weird giant millepede bug or wild (Alien series) starship/building of some sort. Alas, this forest is only a small part of this map. I also like the skybox, surrounding mountains scene, futuristic gold/green city, cliffs and plethora of pickups. Most of the space is too wide-open in this massively huge map, which it makes it difficult to get many frags before getting nailed. It also makes some other large maps seem small by comparison. The gameplay can get boring quickly, but never the visuals; bots are decent.

DM-Old_Gods_Of_The_New_World - This one has towering blue building things/platforms and other tex/meshes similar to Corrupt_EE but different. The interesting thrash metal song sound a little like Megadeth. Definitely, a signature Moloch map with huge expanses and it might need more players but not as much as other maps in this pack. Watch out, bots are good in this one too and only play it as a TDM as all the DM maps in this pack.

DM-Rlyeh - this is the same as the CTF version, so you’ll want to run it as a TDM map for sure. It has thrash metal music, wild canyons, dark/cloudy skybox, ocean wreck, rocks everywhere, teleporters, high jumppads as well as strange and wonderful designer buildings and portals. The water needs work and it’s another large map, but know where you’re going before trying online. Holy Hell! WTF is that Darkwalker doing there?! Holy Snakes Ahoy!!!

DM-Skycircle - Ouch, I’m blinded! Wait, no, not quite but close….seems it was just the preview shot. This is definitely a wild, “spaced-out” map with “shooting stars” field, starship flying by, huge futuristic cities, cool skybox and Vangelis-type custom music. The first thing I thought of when I heard it was “Bladerunner”. The atmosphere is unbelievable in this map with good bots and somewhat similar gameplay as Old_Gods.

Overall, an awesome mappack but not for the squeamish.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, please move this to the FULL RELEASES section!!! Also, my review of the map pack should be coming in the next couple days.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Kinda of a strange way to get it, but it seems to work. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Kaal979's link is still good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This really should be moved to the Full Releases section. Anyway, won't be at my computer until Tuesday, but do these links still work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    CTF-Aria Galactica, DM-Hyperneros, DM-Old Gods of the New World and DM-Skycircle are truly epic maps. Very unique and beautiful, and they do have very decent gameplay. The music theme on Skycircle is really fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kaal979 View Post
    finally D/Ling it, many thx for the link mate

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Moloch MP 3

ALTERNATIVE LINK:

http://dfiles.eu/files/foa1gfpt3

P.S.: If you also wanna upload via
    Depositfiles (no account required!)
    condsider that it doesnt work with IE8!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Many thanks Kaal979

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Private Tux View Post
    Remember, GameFront File Hosting FAQ? Since November 05, 2012.
    GF FAQ: http://www.gamefront.com/file-hosting-faq/
    My Thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/936157

BUT: You can use US/UK (transparent) proxy in order to enable access download from GameFront outside other territories mentioned in the FAQ.

i never liked em too much, i remember some brutal massive deletion in old "filefront" times....hopefully we have some solid bases like UTZone.de....i ll never use GF anymore and i ll simply skip what i cant find in other places +.+

@tux: btw thx for sharing the info , i missed this FAQ change because i mainly and already use mediafire ;-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    None of your mentioned sites support software piracy (nor does this forum; keep that in mind).
    Try MEGA to upload big files (where you got the permission to do so).

You should get in contact with an admin of UTzone in order to submit files.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was banned from Mediafire for questionable reason.
    Possibly because i uploaded my entire UT99 collection
    and other games but never purchased.
    I wanna try makeing a depositfiles link tonight.

P.S.: What about UT-Zone at all?
    Dont they also upload new UT3 maps?
    http://www.utzone.de/index.php

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To Bl!tz~ and others:

Remember, GameFront File Hosting FAQ? Since November 05, 2012.
    GF FAQ: http://www.gamefront.com/file-hosting-faq/
    My Thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/936157

BUT: You can use US/UK (transparent) proxy in order to enable access download from GameFront outside other territories mentioned in the FAQ.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    -> Kaal979 : If your download works, can you redo a new link with MediaFire ?

plz ?

Moloch_Pack_3.rar 376.38 MB, Hum...... With MediaFire it will be necessary to make it in two parts.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X