Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Megane - now available in beta section !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****, I just saw I've surpass 1000 views in less than 1 month for this map ! I'm surprise ?

I hope there will be as much view & comments on the beta when I'll release it so it could be a better map !

THX for watching / following folks

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
      ****, I just saw I've surpass 1000 views in less than 1 month for this map ! I'm surprise ? I hope there will be as much view & comments on the beta when I'll release it so it could be a better map !

THX for watching / following folks
      I can do the math for you for that.
      Here is my formula:

You = epic mapper = epic = having alot of people stalking you on the epic forums

Comment

Ha ha, THX bro

It start to look Epic now. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that **** meshing !

I can say that I think it's my best work to date. Funny, I say always that when working on my last map. Experience must lead somewhere after all LOL

Comment

Surrounding buidings

This post is to show a bit the surrounding buildings you'll see around the map.

I started to look which stock deco meshes I can use for the surrounding. When I look at them, well, they don't fit my needs.

1 - They are heavy resource wise, counting 3000 - 4000 poly's.
          2 - City building meshes are composed of many small building meshes that most small meshes aren't good looking, they look very low detailed.
          3 - While all those city meshes are often use at a certain distance from the main play area (that is why they don't need to be very detailed), we don't notice their low details so it is fine habitually but in my case, the building are very close to the play area so it look very bad.

To resolve this issue, I've decided to make many BSP buildings that are the closer to the play area since they are 'in your face', I will be able to make some good looking materials with the stock textures using realistic, simple geometry. I've made 4 of them so far & the result is satisfying, looking much better than any stock content. Note that those pics as been posted on my blog ±2 weeks ago & I work more on them so the actual result is much better, at least you get the idea...

[screenshot]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4272/batimentbsp1.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7306/batimentbsp2.jpg[/screenshot]

I should post some good looking stuff next week

Comment

nice job bro, and yeah ur bsp building are looking better than SM stock ones ...and so much original, u refresh our bored eyes

Comment

THX bro

I too, I'm bored of the regular stock city meshes. I also checked the Liandri buildings, while many are looking good for a long range view, they are to sci-fi for my map & would look out of place.

My goal is mix different type of buildings which some have a urban look (bricks / stone), other a bit more techy look (metal) & other with a modern look (glassy / reflective).

I can say that I'm pretty close of my goal but don't want to reveal to much, ya know

I know put my effort on meshing & lighting. A full rebild take me 25 mins **** it !

Comment

Cheers Steve! this map looks even more interestin over spend the time along ...I preview a lot of insane work for you keep the brains alive lol

Comment

LOLL

THX m8

**** yeah, my brain is more alive every time I work on this project ha ha !

Comment

I've been mapping like a maniac since my last post.

Meshing & lighting take me a lot of time. But at least, it look awesome from my pov & gameplay is freaking frantic even with low player count (±10 players), which is truly great (bot pathing is also an important point I take great care since I don't play online).

I need to add some little touches on some spots in those pics which after I will be able to release the beta just for bug purpose because I'm already satisfied about the look & gameplay. Enjoy

[screenshot]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3872/screenshot00003i.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9639/screenshot00002g.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

Good job, really like your lighting!

Comment

i like all....lighting, meshing, texturing and the "gigantic" feeling!...superb! keep it up cousin ;-)

Comment

Hey steve dont forget to reflect out the crystal of those buildings from the first picture, it like from straightforward against the sun, the windows seems no having crystal or so...by the way I like that mad max feeling with mix industrial theme!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                            Good job, really like your lighting!
                            THX bro

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                            i like all....lighting, meshing, texturing and the "gigantic" feeling!...superb! keep it up cousin ;-)
                            THX cousin

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
                            Hey steve dont forget to reflect out the crystal of those buildings from the first picture, it like from straightforward against the sun, the windows seems no having crystal or so...by the way I like that mad max feeling with mix industrial theme!
                            Yep, reflection on those windows wasn't adjusted, but it's done

Comment

For those interested...

Progress as been awesome the last past weeks.

I'm ±95 % done so I intent to release the pre-final maybe today if I can manage to finish that 1 spot that bother me !

Comment

hey steve this time was a bit more fast finishin lookin forward to this beauty map

Comment

Working...
                                X