Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Megane - now available in beta section !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Megane - now available in beta section !

Name: Mégane
    Game type: DM / TDM
    Players: 6 – 12
    Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Homepage

Dev:

For the theme, It’s the first time I use a combination of brick & techy meshes & materials. I already use custom textures for the floor provide by mAlkAv!An. My inspiration come from stock maps but as always, I use my own style of mixing the assets to obtain a different look. I also want to obtain an UT99 feel to it. The blue & red colors are pretty much dominant in UT99. My goal is to obtain the classic look & feel by using colors & no saturation. The main color is yellowish & all areas use little spots of blue &/or red colors like in the old times. Expect contrast & darker lighting in many spots, like in real life.

I add many animated stuff which are :

- Many broken / rotating fans
    - A garage door that move up / down
    - A huge hi-tech tower with 2 rotating sections
    - A platform of crates that goes up and down
    - 2 floating - moving barrels in the water
    - Red flashing lights for some defective machinery

New pics : (04/15/12)

[screenshot]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3872/screenshot00003i.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9639/screenshot00002g.jpg[/screenshot]

Old pics :

[screenshot]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9876/screenshot00005c.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7408/screenshot00006ee.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/348/screenshot00007l.jpg[/screenshot]

I don't have a release date yet so I dunno when the level will be release. Time will tell. Enjoy the dev.

Looks like one I would most likely be playing...let's hope it'll be polished up and going gold soon, whenever you plan on it...

Comment

Looks great. Nice areas, lighting and other materials that makes a greater atmosphere. I think you should get a little higher contrast for any part. Good luck with your new project.

Comment

Steve do you guess what? You should have been ( with no exaggeration intend ) in teams like UCMP or CBP your work likes!

PD: Maybe they call you at your door in next UT someday with people like kami and other lol

Comment

Originally posted by WedgeBob View Post
          Looks like one I would most likely be playing...let's hope it'll be polished up and going gold soon, whenever you plan on it...
          Let's hope it will be finished in a short amount of time

Originally posted by Tux Android View Post
          Looks great. Nice areas, lighting and other materials that makes a greater atmosphere. I think you should get a little higher contrast for any part. Good luck with your new project.
          THX But I doubt I can obtain more contrast ? Any recommendations, ideas, suggestions ?

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
          Steve do you guess what? You should have been ( with no exaggeration intend ) in teams like UCMP or CBP your work likes!

PD: Maybe they call you at your door in next UT someday with people like kami and other lol
          THX m8 for the sweet words But many of those guy's make their own meshes, which look awesome & I'm still using stock assets (meshes & textures) so I don't think this level could fit in this kind of pack ? I have many ideas but using stock stuff is very limited

Comment

Hey Steve, they began like you at beginning; mapping and mapping with no thinking about self-made meshes and that stuff that makes their maps awe, step by step ( learning and learning ) along the time is how many mappers ( not all obviously lol ) got their progress in some way....Today logically you cant but im sure you would achieve some kind of skill in mapping in future times

That I said great atmosphere and as ever I said take your time not like your enemy take it as your allies for your work there is not limit for mappin lol

<hint encouraging mode>Mozi had done custom and not custom maps and all their work is superb, you can do some similar like Mozi did with some of their maps</hint encourage mode>

Goz lack mate!

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
              Let's hope it will be finished in a short amount of time

THX But I doubt I can obtain more contrast ? Any recommendations, ideas, suggestions ?

THX m8 for the sweet words But many of those guy's make their own meshes, which look awesome & I'm still using stock assets (meshes & textures) so I don't think this level could fit in this kind of pack ? I have many ideas but using stock stuff is very limited
              Your level looks great, if you wish variety you can always "confront" two entirely different styles in your maps, such a thing is always interesting. It made me go "awe" in the original Unreal when for example there was this secret Skaarj base in Sky Town. Everything looked so surreal and medieval, but then you entered one of the buildings and were confronted with the over-detailled Skaarj technology.
              And feel free to take a look at my "little baby" (you know which one I mean ), I used stock content but could create an entire new feeling. It's just about the placement of your static meshes. You don't have to use that one pillar static mesh as a pillar, why not make it part of the floor and maybe that wall static mesh would be a good ceiling? I guess you get what I mean.

And don't go to the CBP team, we would miss your maps in future UOF packs.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
                Hey Steve, they began like you at beginning; mapping and mapping with no thinking about self-made meshes and that stuff that makes their maps awe, step by step ( learning and learning ) along the time is how many mappers ( not all obviously lol ) got their progress in some way....Today logically you cant but im sure you would achieve some kind of skill in mapping in future times

That I said great atmosphere and as ever I said take your time not like your enemy take it as your allies for your work there is not limit for mappin lol

<hint encouraging mode>Mozi had done custom and not custom maps and all their work is superb, you can do some similar like Mozi did with some of their maps</hint encourage mode>

Goz lack mate!
                Yeah, I think, most mappers that really like mapping will be willing, at a certain time, to make their own meshes & materials. You can't imagine how beautiful stuff I see made in UDK but it require to much time & I'm not willing to use that time for learning how to make my own stuff. What I share with everyone on my blog is a very small amount of stuff I actually see everyday.

But, don't worry m8, I see your post constructive, supportive en encouraging

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                Your level looks great, if you wish variety you can always "confront" two entirely different styles in your maps, such a thing is always interesting. It made me go "awe" in the original Unreal when for example there was this secret Skaarj base in Sky Town. Everything looked so surreal and medieval, but then you entered one of the buildings and were confronted with the over-detailled Skaarj technology.
                And feel free to take a look at my "little baby" (you know which one I mean ), I used stock content but could create an entire new feeling. It's just about the placement of your static meshes. You don't have to use that one pillar static mesh as a pillar, why not make it part of the floor and maybe that wall static mesh would be a good ceiling? I guess you get what I mean.

And don't go to the CBP team, we would miss your maps in future UOF packs.
                Yeah m8, I know what you mean about using floor meshes on walls & such. I already do that since my first map lol

About your little baby, I'm sorry if I didn't provide any feedback yet because I'm waiting for the next version. Most of what I had in mind as already been suggested by the others. I did play it & it's on a good way, so keep it up m8

There is no worries about me leaving the UOF team nor not making some stuff. Remember DM-Amyrade ?

THX everyone for leaving your comments

Comment

Hehe, don't worry about that, there will be a new version, but it will be made after I will finish the Vortex Rikers remake - which I'm very close to finish right now, so expect some single player fun (when Malk will be done with the Skaarj)!

What I actually meant was as a form of inspiration if you run out of ideas. You can take a look at the garden area for example, see what I did there and if you like it, feel free to borrow the idea. I think the overgrown style cut fit well in a corner of this map, it looks like an abandonded industrial building after all.

Good thing that you have no intentions to leave the team, would be a huge loss. I don't post much feedback (as I'm very busy with a bunch of projects (two for UT2004, one almost finished, then the few unreleased maps and my UT3 project) and real life) but you should know that (in my eyes) you're one of the top mappers of the community concerning the ratio of layout/gameplay and visuals.

Comment

Please repost when you have a DL link

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                      Hehe, don't worry about that, there will be a new version, but it will be made after I will finish the Vortex Rikers remake - which I'm very close to finish right now, so expect some single player fun (when Malk will be done with the Skaarj)!

What I actually meant was as a form of inspiration if you run out of ideas. You can take a look at the garden area for example, see what I did there and if you like it, feel free to borrow the idea. I think the overgrown style cut fit well in a corner of this map, it looks like an abandonded industrial building after all.

Good thing that you have no intentions to leave the team, would be a huge loss. I don't post much feedback (as I'm very busy with a bunch of projects (two for UT2004, one almost finished, then the few unreleased maps and my UT3 project) and real life) but you should know that (in my eyes) you're one of the top mappers of the community concerning the ratio of layout/gameplay and visuals.
                      There is great maps at the horizon, For all UT versions he he he

For inspiration, I look at many different things. Sometime I look other maps to see what I like meshing wise & use some of the meshes in my own way. BTW, I like what you've done in the garden. Really like the emitters & the atmosphere It's cool for the garden idea but I have other plan.

I must say a huge THX for the compliment. I appreciate very much you place me among the top level designer !

Originally posted by cUnNiNg_StUnTs View Post
                      Please repost when you have a DL link
                      There will be many post before a download link ! It's the dev thread after all

Like the rocket launcher spot for example, which I didn't started yet :

[screenshot]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6986/screenshot00000jw.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

Very promising map from those pics you've presented. I particularly intrigued about layout (3rd pic first post), looks like a lot of diversity there which is awesome. Visually very interesting. I am wondering do you have an idea for number of player yet or is are you still working on that component?

Good work, keep it up! Looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

Looking good Steve... especially the outdoor pic (in OP). It looks a little like some futuristic Bostonian industrial area.

Comment

Your lighting looks a lot more varied than usual..I quite like it M8!
                            Everything else of excellent quality as expected!

Comment

Originally posted by Achernar View Post
                              Very promising map from those pics you've presented. I particularly intrigued about layout (3rd pic first post), looks like a lot of diversity there which is awesome. Visually very interesting. I am wondering do you have an idea for number of player yet or is are you still working on that component?

Good work, keep it up! Looking forward to trying it out.
                              THX m8

Playercount is 6 to 12. It play well to ±18 but it's chaotic ! Layout is finished since a while & I'm working on the "pretty" side. It's mostly a tight map with many hitscan opportunities except the udamage area which is very open.

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                              Looking good Steve... especially the outdoor pic (in OP). It looks a little like some futuristic Bostonian industrial area.
                              THX Ode The style is a first for me with those assets. Hope I'll be able to achieve a good mix of industrial / techy feel

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
                              Your lighting looks a lot more varied than usual..I quite like it M8!
                              Everything else of excellent quality as expected!
                              He he

Well, I use the same lighting as usual but only add some blue / red light spots here & there. It make the level look somehow different indeed THX for the compliment & I'll hope everyone will enjoy it in the end !

Comment

Working...
                              X