Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

trouble with terrain...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with terrain...

When I go to the terrain thing to add mountains and ditches etc. I find that when I click while holding control, I do not create different terrain, instead, the camera just moves as if I were not holding down control at all

to ask the obvious... do you have the HeightMap selected in the terrain editor when trying to shape terrain? (make sure it isn't locked) do you have the proper tool/brush selected?

Comment

Maybe, and I think so

On the mountain looking button menu (forgive me, I do not know the proper names), where it says "Heightmap", I clicked on it, and it appears highlighted, but that doesn't make one bit of difference. Also, I have tried it on locked and unlocked, doesn't matter.

By the way, whenever I get frustrated dealing with that, and try something else on the same file, I find I have trouble with the z axis and the move texture button (the one to the right of the mountain button)

Comment

here's a nice terrain tutorial:http://book.hourences.com/tutorialsue3terrain.htm

maybe you should try a different mouse? holding Ctrl + left or right mouse shouldn't be moving the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by [GOW] Daquila View Post
          maybe you should try a different mouse? holding Ctrl + left or right mouse shouldn't be moving the camera.
          Or maybe a new keyboard, I checked with all my games, and it appears control doesn't work with any of my games, so that would explain it. I gotta try that

Thanks for helping me figure this out!

Comment

Working...
          X