• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next 5

CTF-Checkmate-CWL3
    CTF-DefniteChance
    CTF-Incinerator
    CTF-Switchback
    CTF-W00TF which is another W00Tabulous remake.

Comment

Almost forgot my manners ..

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
      Maelstrom looks awesome. I mean really really Awesome. This map was a blast in UT99, not much to look at but a blast to play. Your remake looks like Maelstrom on wicked sick visual steroids.
      Thank you!.

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
      maelstrom havent impact my memory and i have the feeling to discover it haha

picts looks very good 1x ;good job and thx for the link on bu
      TY, i have a feeling you'll like it, IMO a map like this should have been made the first day UT3 was released.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
        Sounds good Skillz, thx! (i had a feeling we could count on you ) I'll be putting together a list and i'll update it here for ya sometime over the coming week if ya would mind checking back in occasionally?
        Just drop me a PM when you're ready, if you don't mind.

Comment

I found a mod that I really think merits being linked in your remakes.
          Mr. Pants' Excessive Overkill This is about the funnest and funniest mod out there.
          Especially when you see a player rocket launch across the field.

I would also like to add some of the better quality skin and model remakes. There are so very talented modelers out there.

Comment

I remember DefiantChance, - awesome map .. (lots of fun in the UT2004 version also) Woot was also a very fun map, maybe one of the versions will work well with inhuman AI and instagib.

I'll ad these to the list. Thx again. (looks like 70+ soon we'll be well over 100 at this rate)

Originally posted by Skillz View Post
            Just drop me a PM when you're ready, if you don't mind.
            Sounds good bro, don't mind at all. Thank you!

I found a mod that I really think merits being linked in your remakes.
            Mr. Pants' Excessive Overkill This is about the funnest and funniest mod out there.
            Especially when you see a player rocket launch across the field.

I would also like to add some of the better quality skin and model remakes. There are so very talented modelers out there.
            I agree, good idea .. if others have no objections? we'll ad a 'remake' essential mutators / models section to this thread.

Comment

May be a long shot, but I had Gael on my mind to revive, even tho I'd have to make it at least a 2 - 4 player, since UT3 doesn't have exclusive one-on-one maps like UT2004 did, you do have duel mode, but you have to make...I dunno, I'll see what to think about.

Comment

Okay, here's something to wet your appetite:

[shot]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/Ionium/Untitled-1-3.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Looking good! A Coret of that theme will be awesome. I think your absolutely on the right track. Glad this ones in good hands.

As i mentioned before, IMHO there is a 3 point plan to make Coret right.
                  1. Stick to the original layout & get the scaling right!
                  2. Include working doors!
                  3. FireBR Audio track

your golden .. Sounds like you already have it handled per our earlier discussion.

P.S.
                  If your going to do Red & Blue strips / color coding in the bases (and it looks like you are from that shot) that will be wicked cool.

Comment

Yes, Coret is definitely on track!

Comment

Yep. Original scale is there. Some rooms have been reconfigured to give it a new modern look, but the layout has not changed one bit. It works pretty well with the original scale after playing it a bit, and gave some more head room for double jump. Don't worry about the working doors and audio track.

And yes the area I have shown will be red / blue color coded, and the main hallways leading to the flag will have red / blue lighting.

Comment

Wow! That is alot to have in such a little amount of time. Much better then the disco-tech version they shipped with UT3.
                        I have a question will it be stairs like in 99 or ramp like ut3? You know it wasn't only the visuals that messed up Coret but there were some very slight changes to the size of things and changing stairs to ramps that affected gameplay. I remember in UT99 you could dodge across top of flag room, and also in the lower bases across from flak cannon you could dodge/jump over rails and skip going around to the stairs. Both were very important shortcuts when playing this map on a ladder (that could make or break the team).

Going off your other work I'm sure you'll do a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by WedgeBob View Post
                          May be a long shot, but I had Gael on my mind to revive, even tho I'd have to make it at least a 2 - 4 player, since UT3 doesn't have exclusive one-on-one maps like UT2004 did, you do have duel mode, but you have to make...I dunno, I'll see what to think about.
                          What you say?

Comment

It will be stairs like UT1. I'm confident it'll be a good remake, just like DM-Conveyor was

Comment

Coret in UT3? Oh yeh, I remember that now; I haven't played that one in a long time.

Comment

Next 5

DM-1on1-Roughinery-FPS
                                DM-Idoma-FE
                                DM-Mojo][_RTS
                                CTF-ExtortionUT3-NM
                                CTF-Icefields

I have 5 more maps then I will move onto skins.

Comment

Working...
                                X