X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is no problem steve;
    - We can hijack a sticky thread in the best interest of the community;
    - i think that is acceptable don't you?

- Also maybe if one of the admin are feeling friendly; they can edit the post with the necessary updated links
    [although this is not really that pertinent]
    - or simple transfer the Thread/ sticky to a new OP & designate a new candidate [tux and skaarj have been active forever maybe one of them etc]

- ^^ these are just suggestions, for my part i am happy to keep alive some old links and fix the Wips + Beta's that have been abandoned, Plus do any of the missing maps [that have value].

Take it easy

Comment

LOL

Hijacking a thread is good but not as quick as getting all content into the OP. If links aren't working anymore in OP, you have to read 8 pages of blablabla to found the stuff, if it as been posted by someone. Except a demand from the author thread to Epic admin to add / transfer the rights, it become not obvious for users to found stuff if they are in 10 different threads, if you know what I mean.

But anyway, I started to rebuild a complete list from the OP & will see if I'll manage it myself like all my complete map type list (CTF, VCTF, WAR, etc)

Comment

Well, I must say the OP have many links but many, many more are missing !

Since yesterday, I spend many hours on BU / Epic / PU forums to find missing stuff & while I found many, I'm sure there is a big bunch that is missing.

Now, I'm focusing to found weapons remade for UT3. Those I already add to the list :

- Ripperlitev2
        http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=179397
        - My UT2004 Weapons beta link
        http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Weapons-Beta-1
        - Best of Unreal Beta1
        http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...T2003-LinkGun)

Comment

New list here

Just post at my page blog to add something that will benefit the community & I'll check everything asap

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
            New list here

Just post at my page blog to add something that will benefit the community & I'll check everything asap
            Good to see you re-made the new and revised list of UT99/UT2004 remakes. Thanks for the bunch! ^^

Comment

Hé hé, your welcome

I'm sure some stuff is missing. I've spend a lot of time on forums to add the missing stuff so I'm counting on the community to post about the possibly remaining / forgotten stuff

Comment

Is their a way to get all of them in one pack?

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealRedShirt View Post
                  Is their a way to get all of them in one pack?
                  Someone already made a mega classic pack a while ago. Search in the beta / final threads for the pack.

Comment

It's been a while.

Steve, thank you for helping with this in my absence; Since I'm active again; I'm going to update all the links/maps on the main thread in the next few days, then we can keep this list current in addition to the list that Steve setup on his wordpress site. Thanks for your on-going efforts Steve! -

P.S. I'm sure you borrowed some of my links - the majority of them still work, even though we hear the occasional (((most of the links are dead ... blah blah))) - though we know that's to be expected this is after all the internet ... so I'm going to borrow your links back in exchange.

Thankfully Flak helped me get my account unlocked after my system crash and losing all my info / Flak rox ..

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                      It's been a while.

Steve, thank you for helping with this in my absence; Since I'm active again; I'm going to update all the links/maps on the main thread in the next few days, then we can keep this list current in addition to the list that Steve setup on his wordpress site. Thanks for your on-going efforts Steve! -

P.S. I'm sure you borrowed some of my links - the majority of them still work, even though we hear the occasional (((most of the links are dead ... blah blah))) - though we know that's to be expected this is after all the internet ... so I'm going to borrow your links back in exchange.

Thankfully Flak helped me get my account unlocked after my system crash and losing all my info / Flak rox ..
                      No prob bro, make the info up-to-date in the OP from my page. I started with your links and made all the changes / additions after so by using the links on my page you'll be sure you have the latest info afaik
                      Therefore, I'll still maintain the list at my homepage, it's one of the page who get lot's of traffic. Having the same list here will be good too.

I'm happy your account as been unlocked so we can hear from you once again bro

Comment

where you bin all these years

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                          No prob bro, make the info up-to-date in the OP from my page. I started with your links and made all the changes / additions after so by using the links on my page you'll be sure you have the latest info afaik
                          Therefore, I'll still maintain the list at my homepage, it's one of the page who get lot's of traffic. Having the same list here will be good too.

I'm happy your account as been unlocked so we can hear from you once again bro
                          Sounds like a plan bro .. I agree with you're logic (the lists in both places makes a good back up) - and yup nice to be back in action, perhaps now I can finish my WIP maps with a little luck.

Hiya Snake12

Comment

It would be good to get this updated. I like the ideas of adding weapons. I also think we need to add some of skins.... Unfortunately like a lot of maps alot of the skins are repetitively remade.

I also know that this community has become relatively small... as far as people contributing I think there are alot of lurkers and leechers.
                            Luckily there still seems to be a group of people that want to actually add their input. THANKFULLY

Comment

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                              It would be good to get this updated. I like the ideas of adding weapons. I also think we need to add some of skins.... Unfortunately like a lot of maps alot of the skins are repetitively remade.

I also know that this community has become relatively small... as far as people contributing I think there are alot of lurkers and leechers.
                              Luckily there still seems to be a group of people that want to actually add their input. THANKFULLY
                              I agree! - I think we talked about that before (adding a skin list) as far as the same maps or skins being remade I don't think that's a problem more than 1 version gives us options and some are better for different setups.

Haven't seen you in a while on these forums ... then again I wasn't around for a little while there either. - This is on my todo list .. RL todo lists are taking priority ATM but I can juggle and balance so it will get done eventually.

Comment

I am a newbie here. i cannot install and use these maps properly. please can anyone provide a detailed instruction to install these custom maps ? i have already updated to patch 2.1

Comment

Working...
                                X