This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Remus View Post
    I suppose I should post this, since I didn't see my remake in the list.

It's a remake of Orion's Barricade from UT99.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...m-rb-barricade
    Got it! (added to the first post.)

Thx for the heads up Remus.

Comment

yet another mod of Bloxeh: CTF-Bloxeh2010: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=740956

Comment

My signature have my old arcane temple beta :S to bad i never have the time to finish it

Comment

Originally posted by Coreper View Post
          yet another mod of Bloxeh: CTF-Bloxeh2010: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=740956
          1st. post updated! - Thx for letting me know .

Originally posted by shak18 View Post
          My signature have my old arcane temple beta :S to bad i never have the time to finish it
          Wow, Shak18, i'd like to see this one finished at some point .. Arcane Temple was one of the best DM maps in UT99, we used to hold drills in that map for recruits with our instagib clan back in the day, that Stalwart, & Malevolence (good times) - Is there anything any of us can offer to help ya get this one finished? - I've added it to the front page for starters.

Comment

Well if you can get me a better job with more money and less hours that will be really helpfull to finish ..... ok back to real xD

1xTreme Arcane was the first map i was trying to do and it was difficult for me to even get that functional beta and since it wasnt very popular when i released, as you see almost nobody comment about it and some of you doesnt even know that remake exist xD that wasnt , i can try to keep working in fact i belive the downloadable version is not the last i made but it will take me some time thats twhy i dont mind if someone finish it

but if you really want me to finish it i just have one request to any modeler, maper, peaple out there xD can anybody please make, rip, model, the arcane nali head mesh for the inside door :P, the arcane temple wasnt a chinese temple -.- but it was the best i can do with the unreal content xD at that momment

Comment

Anybody got any requests for remakes?

Comment

@HitMan - Weren't you the guy who was remaking Iron Dust but some problem ruined your work? How about giving it another go?

Comment

Anybody got any requests for remakes?
                  Iron Deity, Goliath or Facing Worlds ]l[

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                    Also, has anyone tried the maps from the CTF Classic Map Pack yet (BrokenLimits, Command, Duku, Sprinta and Terra)? Anyone know if a thread exists for these maps here because I can't find it and if so that would explain why the link for them was to a download page? If I was to comment on them, would it be best to make a new thread, post the comments in this thread, or not bother?

EDIT: Anyone?
                    There has never been a thread for those maps here as they were made for clanbase. There has been one of my 3dbuzz contest entry I believe. I more or less "rushed" that entire mappack for one of the ClanBase cups during that time (was one of the original ut3 crewmembers there).

But since ut3 is more or less dead on cb I never bothered looking at those maps again after the initial release. And as such I have no idea if the latest ut3 patch causes some issues.

As for the jump pads (kickers), they work the same way as in UT Goty, the fast you "jump" on them the faster / higher you get kicked up .

Comment

Originally posted by -=Angelus=- View Post
                      There has never been a thread for those maps here as they were made for clanbase. There has been one of my 3dbuzz contest entry I believe. I more or less "rushed" that entire mappack for one of the ClanBase cups during that time (was one of the original ut3 crewmembers there).

But since ut3 is more or less dead on cb I never bothered looking at those maps again after the initial release. And as such I have no idea if the latest ut3 patch causes some issues.

As for the jump pads (kickers), they work the same way as in UT Goty, the fast you "jump" on them the faster / higher you get kicked up .
                      Angelus thank you for registering to make this post; it is an honor -

These classic remake maps are/were an inspiration .. Command is one of our regular favorites .. (we play that everytime we have a LAN session) - Its a real rush with the reverse mutator .. Angelus are you still mapping?

@SkaarjMaster i completely missed your post .. plz feel free to write one / some of your reviews / comments in this thread for this pack. ((sorry, bout that))

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                        Angelus thank you for registering to make this post; it is an honor -

These classic remake maps are/were an inspiration .. Command is one of our regular favorites .. (we play that everytime we have a LAN session) - Its a real rush with the reverse mutator .. Angelus are you still mapping?
                        I stopped mapping for ut3 after Duku and moved on to other things (acting and filmmaking) . I am currently working on 2 maps for UT Goty and might restart my 3dbuzz map and port the new ut goty maps to ut3. Once I get a new UT3 cd as everything, maps, backups were all lost in a fire a year ago :|. Glad to hear you like command though

Comment

I stopped mapping for ut3 after Duku and moved on to other things (acting and filmmaking) . I am currently working on 2 maps for UT Goty and might restart my 3dbuzz map and port the new ut goty maps to ut3. Once I get a new UT3 cd as everything, maps, backups were all lost in a fire a year ago :|. Glad to hear you like command though
                          Got it! Sounds interesting .. (and fun)

Yeah that'd be great to see some more work from ya, you certainly have some serious talent (mad skillz) i'd like to see those GOTY maps brought over to UT3 .. you'd sure make a good bunch of us happy.

At any rate if ya need some (skilled) testers or if there's anything i can do to help just let me know Otherwise i hope to see ya around here and nice to finally meet ya .. (your practically a legend)

Comment

Got it! Sounds interesting .. (and fun)

Yeah that'd be great to see some more work from ya, you certainly have some serious talent (mad skillz) i'd like to see those GOTY maps brought over to UT3 .. you'd sure make a good bunch of us happy.

At any rate if ya need some (skilled) testers or if there's anything i can do to help just let me know Otherwise i hope to see ya around here and nice to finally meet ya .. (your practically a legend)
                            I'll need to finish the goty maps first though. Can always use testers when it comes to ut3. I'll post them here when they are ready. Bit odd to see someone calling me a legend

Comment

I'll need to finish the goty maps first though. Can always use testers when it comes to ut3. I'll post them here when they are ready. Bit odd to see someone calling me a legend
                              Roger that .. Yeah we'd be happy to test when the time comes ..

Apologies about the legend comment (i hope i haven't put ya on the spot here) but your Classic map pack alone is truthfully legendary among some circles .. Actually all the maps in it are quite nice & accomplished, (I mention Command mainly as it just a personal favorite *reminds me fondly of of UT99*) especially building everything from scratch & for the time of release of this pack, - like 2.5 years ago? you seemed like you picked up the new engine / editor and ran like the wind with it bullseye ..

I myself had a late start and skipped 2k4 editing entirely so i had a steep learning curve going from UT99 editing (years back) to UT3, it took a good while to find my style, i think i'm just about there though.

At any rate 'welcome!' Angelus, look forward to seeing & hearing more from ya.

Comment

Roger that .. Yeah we'd be happy to test when the time comes ..

Apologies about the legend comment (i hope i haven't put ya on the spot here) but your Classic map pack alone is truthfully legendary among some circles .. Actually all the maps in it are quite nice & accomplished, (I mention Command mainly as it just a personal favorite *reminds me fondly of of UT99*) especially building everything from scratch & for the time of release of this pack, - like 2.5 years ago? you seemed like you picked up the new engine / editor and ran like the wind with it bullseye ..

I myself had a late start and skipped 2k4 editing entirely so i had a steep learning curve going from UT99 editing (years back) to UT3, it took a good while to find my style, i think i'm just about there though.

At any rate 'welcome!' Angelus, look forward to seeing & hearing more from ya.
                                I had some experience with maya and max before I picked up UED3 . I think my first ut3 map was the 3dbuzz entry (more below). The reason I act all surprised about the reactions here is because I kinda went awol after releasing it.
                                UT3 was and still is pretty much dead on clanbase and in the irc circles I travel. Initial response was great yes, but after that I never heard someone about them again . I can understand what you mean with steep learning curve. I recently began making some goty maps for UT and I have to say...that first unrealed is even more buggy than ued 3

The first map I made for ut3 was rather a pain in the ***. As it was part of a contest I was bound to rules (I don't like rules). One of them being : Only original static meshes from epic. So what did I do? I just created 2 spaceships in bsp and bended the rules a little . I never managed to complete it. And now that map is lost as I never backed it up before the fire. Some shots and a video....hope I don't break the forum now :S :

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaFPXGe3JTg

Comment

Working...
                                X