How to keep your content from being deleted off Filefront

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to keep your content from being deleted off Filefront

If you've been using filefront for your mods, you've probably had your files deleted at one point or another without warnings. Other times, your files may end up in the deletion queue and if you don't log in within three days your stuff also gets deleted.

To keep filefront from doing this, and to make your file a permanent part of Filefront, you have to 'submit' your file to Filefront. It is not enough to just upload it.

To submit your file, while logged in to Filefront, click on the download link for one of your files. You should see a 'Submit to Filefront' link next to the 'manage file' box.

Submit to FileFront
    Upon approval, your file will become part of FileFront's vast file library. This is a great way to promote any gaming-related file to a huge audience. Whether it's a map you've designed or a mod you've programmed, take advantage of the exposure it will receive on FileFront!

Please note: Once a file has been uploaded to the FileFront database you will no longer be able to modify the file.
    Here is a screenshot (click to see the large version):

[shot]http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/zenakuten/misc/SubmitToFilefront.jpg[/shot]

Hopefully this will save you from wasted effort. I have a lot of content. Re-uploading and fixing links repeatedly has been painful. Since submitting is a permanent process, I'd recommend you only submit release builds.

You are the king. This will help a lot of people.

Comment

Nice announcement. I've been getting constant emails for my files being placed in the deletion queue.

This should also only be used for Final versions of mods/maps/models as well. You may want to add that to the first post.

Comment

This should get stickied so it doesn't get lost.

Comment

Are you saying only submit releses (ie public beta etc..) or just 'final' releases?
          Are you able to delete 'submitted' files?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post

To submit your file, while logged in to Filefront, click on the download link for one of your files. You should see a 'Submit to Filefront' link next to the 'manage file' box.
            Maybe I'm blind or they changed things around but I'm just not seeing it. I've also had content deleted and this would be helpful but I've looked everywhere and there is no "Submit to Filefront' link anywhere to be found.
            A screenshot would be helpful.

Comment

Does anyone even know why the files are deleted? It's a great site, but that has got to be one of the biggest screw ups in the history of the internet.

Comment

If i had to guess it's a matter of falling in line with copywrite laws.

By forcing players to put up a screenshot and a description and finally submit, it really cuts down on illegal use of the site.

Comment

Thank you!
                  I shall tell my brother now. he was getting ****** because his MP skin got deleated

Comment

I lost thirty files..... this time. No emails, nothing. So angry. Bump for good thread.

Comment

I updated the first post with a screenshot. Sorry about that SmokeRingHalo.

Comment

Filefront changed again, the submit key (section) seems to have disappeared.

Comment

Yep, I see that now. With the site re-design I'm not sure how relevant this thread is. We'll have to see how it goes.

Comment

hmmm i dont know if the situation has changed since the orig. owners have taken back over. In the past a map I have submitted was eventually deleted from filefront. Files get deleted when they dont get enough download traffic, so possibly submitting your map to filefront has bought its traffic up to an acceptable level and it hasnt been deleted.
                            Im certainly not against submitting to filefront, its another way to promote your map However if they decide to delete it from their library, you will still get the courtesy email with 4 days notice BUT you will not be able to veto the deletion. Peeps should bear this in mind when they submit maps to filefront and also host them on another site as well that doesnt delete. This stops peeps having trouble getting your maps when you go awol (as a few mappers have leaving only dead links)

Please note this info is from when the old management was in effect. I have no idea if the current operators have varied this.

Comment

use http://mapraider.com or http://unrealplayground.com for maps
                              as for mutators and game mods
                              you can use http://unrealcentral.com/news.php or you can use my download site http://files.wickedinsanegaming.com/ on my site i have a limit of 24mb upload still trying to find a way around the size but its there to be used if you guys want

try to stay away from sites with 90 day limits for downloads we have lost alot of nice mods due to people using those type of sites

Comment

Working...
                              X