Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quake 1 Place of Two Deaths Remix (WIP) Pics inside

This is my First unreal level I'm a noob in progress with the editor :P
    Place of two deaths was one of the best Quake 1 maps ever created and I have remade it for UT3. This map is a lot of fun for duels and small ffa and team dm games and I have done lots of testing with my friends on it
    Almost ready for beta release! Enjoy the pics.

last pics I had for the map

Any one know how to add a custom mod interface with my maps that I create so you can hit F-11 to change music tracks? I was thinking of putting all the quake musics in my maps lol and some other custom music

Comment

"Any one know how to add a custom mod interface with my maps that I create so you can hit F-11 to change music tracks? I was thinking of putting all the quake musics in my maps lol and some other custom music "

I take it it's not happening while playing the level right?
      It would be before starting it right?
      If it's ingame, then who would have control of the "remote"? Who changes the music?

Hmm maybe you could set up a kismet sequence with a remote control in the map, and each button would play a different song. But I don't know how to do that.

With regards to the map itself, it's clean
      Oh, second last pic, on the walls are what look like torch sconces, but no light. Is that deliberate?

Comment

Originally posted by Malachor View Post
        "Any one know how to add a custom mod interface with my maps that I create so you can hit F-11 to change music tracks? I was thinking of putting all the quake musics in my maps lol and some other custom music "

I take it it's not happening while playing the level right?
        It would be before starting it right?
        If it's ingame, then who would have control of the "remote"? Who changes the music?

Hmm maybe you could set up a kismet sequence with a remote control in the map, and each button would play a different song. But I don't know how to do that.

With regards to the map itself, it's clean
        Oh, second last pic, on the walls are what look like torch sconces, but no light. Is that deliberate?

About the music.

Maybe we can do something like that with kismet I will have to research a little.
        I'd like to get an interface where if you hit F-11 or something a screen will pop up like UT2004 and you can select any of the in game music + custom music you wish to play.

The in game music is controlled be the client and not by the server if thats what you mean.

The music is currently playing fine it plays in game music from one of the Necris levels at the moment.

About the 2nd to the last picture the torches are not lit because the super health has not spawned for the first time ;D

When the super health spawns the torches glow green and when the super health is in cool down the torches are yellow.

I wish I had a real torch design I saw a design in Hell gate-Beta or something I'd love to know how he did it.

Thanks for the input on the map =) I am currently working on creating more objects in the level and perhaps some Thunder and lightning sequences with kismet ^_^ we will see what happens in the next update.

PS. I will have this uploaded soon at a friends house so user's may test the map and tell me what they think =) I feel this is alright for a first real attempt at map making instead of a big room and lots of fancy effects and bot gibs flying around the room

If you have any suggestions questions or ideas post away I'm all ears.

Comment

i made in ut2k4

Comment

Kai Z your pics are broken ;(

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigo101 View Post
              Kai Z your pics are broken ;(

sorry, you can look this: http://zkboss.blog.sohu.com/70976016.html

Comment

Well that looks cool but some of the items are in the wrong spot.

for instance why is the super health in the room that normally has a nail gun, some shot gun and grenade launcher ammo plus health?

I guess you can say you made it a remix or your own style of the map.

I got another question did you make the level based on the Quake version from visual representation or did you use 3d studeo max like some users do to get the brush size and every thing.

I am doing mine all by visual representation of the original map and keep referring to it to figure out where to place things.

I can already tell that your map and mine are not the correct scale but are **** close and are good enough for the UT feel.

Perhaps you will take a shot and re create it for Unreal Tournament 3.
                It's nice to see different versions of a map from different perspectives on how it should look. Some one once said no two maps are the same and thats true for the many ut3 remakes of q3dm17.

Question. is all the textures,chairs and other varies things in your map custom designed with custom textures and such?

If so what program did you use to get the textures like that? I am thinking of snagging 3dmax for vista 64bit and photo shop and hope that I can create new and exciting textures for the final version of the map instead of using epic's static textures and static meshes.

Question how did you make most of your round textures like the gate doors and such? I can't seam to make any thing round. my map is all square but I am very new with the editor so any tips are welcome.

The map does look good man I hope you re create it for UT3 so we can have two variations of the map.

Comment

I haven't posted any new updates in a while due to Resident evil 5 lol.

Here is some Updated photos with a better Dungeon look and feel I hope you enjoy them.

I will try to upload the map tomorrow.

At the moment I am tweaking the water fountain and some sounds and wires thats about it the lay out is finished and might be final.

All the gates and doors are done in bsp I have very few static meshes in the level.

Next pic is out dated lol but shows how it looks in the select screen

Comment

Thanks for all your post

Comment

No problem.

I am trying to keep players up to date with my work.

If any one has any questions,Ideas or any thing in general let me know

Comment

I have finally uploaded the map on Filefronts Unreal Tournament 3 website.

I will give you all the link when they actually stick it up for download.

Comment

Remember to move this over to the Beta Releases forum when you do, you will get more helpful feedback from there

Comment

Finally the file is online!

http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...hs_Remix;99330

Please test it and help me get better ty =)

Comment

Working...
                            X